Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: How i wish HOME & MMO/adventure/rpg connections were.

Aug 20, 2013

TJ, obviously enjoyed the FF14 beta and saw all the crazy cool emotes and the ''companions'' and quests and the super cool menus. Not to mention the press of the R3 stick gives you real third person view which we have been asking for since 1902.. . now, it's easy to want these things for home but the budget just isn't the same less the subscription base required for FF14.

it's hard to see games in detail and not want certain aspects and game play for Home. If you have been here long enough you'll  remember seeing this mentioned with Sims, GTA, Final Fantasy, and the like.   Not a bad thing. Just wishful thinking.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 11 of 17 (131 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 20, 2013

As much as I like the idea of 'literal' gateways to games, that is as likely as the trophy room idea. :/ Not enough collaboration or funds to motivate Sony to believe it's a worthwhile idea. Hell, our Hub 'network' was supposed to be groundbreaking networking of Home spaces to better motivate travel around Home... what is it now if not a fossil of failure?

Though I agree with how simple mechanics MMOs feature desperately need to be put into Home, such as adjustable 3rd person & 1st person camera, more /commands, and a greater variety of default components.

I cannot tell you how often I switch from 'MMO mode' to Home, and try to target & greet people with "/wave" commands and the like. >.>

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 12 of 17 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

TJ, obviously enjoyed the FF14 beta and saw all the crazy cool emotes and the ''companions'' and quests and the super cool menus. Not to mention the press of the R3 stick gives you real third person view which we have been asking for since 1902.. . now, it's easy to want these things for home but the budget just isn't the same less the subscription base required for FF14.

it's hard to see games in detail and not want certain aspects and game play for Home. If you have been here long enough you'll  remember seeing this mentioned with Sims, GTA, Final Fantasy, and the like.   Not a bad thing. Just wishful thinking.

i guess thats part of it. I guess part of what im talking about also brings up old idea of replacing XMB and other console menu systems with HOME like system. Where HOME is the console/system interface. Understanding i have PS4 could run HOME and a PS3 game as same time just as if you had 2 ps3 going at same time hooked to same TV and were switching channels.

Like ps3 running HOME was on channel 3 and ps3 running the game was on channel 4. and walking through the door on HOME or in the game would automaticly pause game or make your avatar invisible and system would change the channel.

better example walking through the door would be as quick as saying like setting down controller for ps3 runinng HOME and turning in your chair picking up controller of a second ps3 a unpauseing game and playing going back be similar to walking game charater in toa doorway on the game then pausing and setting down controller and turning back to 1st ps3 that was running HOME. except what i mean is to have system able load up games and HOME same time to basicly walking through the door is same as pausing one game and unpausing and playing the other.

Add in Vita style party chat style cross gaming chat and it be great. Since i have 2 PS3s i think i canmake a videotobetter demostrate what i mean.

As far asexcited about FFXIV? Well SONY I'D GLADY PAY A MONTHLY FEE OF ABOUT $9.99 FOR HOME IF IT MEANS A BETTER INTERFACE SIMILAR TO FFXIV's interface and better game related content.

I'll give jersquall that. think about the things asignned to buttons is limited on HOME.

But FFXIV pulls a great trick with controller normally you have L123 R123 dpad and the 4 action buttons 2 joy sticks

but square enix allowed for each of the dpad & action buttons to do 3 different things on the fly.

normaly they do 1 thing but if you hold L2 down they do different commands and have a 3rd option if you hold R2 down when you press them and L2/R2 sets are customizable 

triangle jumps hold L2 and press triangle you summon a compaion hold R2 and press triangle you cast a spell or atki'llagree jersquall that i'd love tosee HOME with the FFXIV interface, but my original point was just to have a better back & forth between HOME and the games like state earlier were the gameis simply pause while in HOME rather then having to quit one then boot up the other kind like how we swap between HOME/GAMES and XMB menu were walking through door was like tapping the PSbutton.

O_o their were video games in1902?Smiley Very Happy

images.jpg

Message 13 of 17 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

Aug 20, 2013

example of how i wished game launching worked

images.jpg

Message 14 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

That would be awesome if you could realistically launch games in Home. I haven't really participated in any of that in Home actually but I do believe that even parties who would like to play together just end up in game on their own and would need to use the standard game features when there to invite and lauch multiplayer games together as a party.

I will say that Final Fantasy is quite a game. I played it for 3 days and had quite a bit of fun. And specking of emotes the character emotes are simply awesome. They can be menu activated or by simply typing text in the chat bar for example to get the emote to trigger. Pretty neat and the quality of the animations are stella.

Message 15 of 17 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5705 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

That would be awesome if you could realistically launch games in Home. I haven't really participated in any of that in Home actually but I do believe that even parties who would like to play together just end up in game on their own and would need to use the standard game features when there to invite and lauch multiplayer games together as a party.

Well if you run game and HOME at sametime like you had 2 ps3 going and switching between them was as quick as a channel change you really wouldn't need to party launch on HOME you could just go to games invite friends/party from game side then go back to HOME and wait till friends are able to get to your location in game then go back on game.

I will say that Final Fantasy is quite a game. I played it for 3 days and had quite a bit of fun. And specking of emotes the character emotes are simply awesome. They can be menu activated or by simply typing a /dance text in the chat bar for example to get the emote to trigger. Pretty neat and the quality of the animations are stella.

I was in phase 3 and had that one 5 day stretch at end. Thanks to both beta phase when ever im on HOME it takes me 5 minutes to rember how to controlmy HOME avatar. Just having HOTKEY bar system would improve HOME control system by 53%

I made a quick unedited video of th emotes before the Beta ended. I'm debating whether or not to buy the game and actually pay a suscription. It does add up.

As far as subscrition it's worth it healthier (just give up 2 fastfood meals a month). If HOME did a subscription service they have to redo some of the pricing structure and make old stuff  free after 1 or 2 years. Think about how much you spend on HOME content and DLC a year and compare it abit. But yea basic price of $156.00 a year is kind of steap. But by the time you multiply that by number of players that comes close to being a lot of money for paying devs, server maintance, and incourages better modteraion of servers. If HOME had a subscription that was required monthly on top of what we pay for add on products i bet we get faster better content and we have less issues with connectivity and less people ruining the experince im sure if MODs could get better bonuses for doing better moding in HOME. Smiley Happy

You've given me some ideas for some future video suggestion clips for HOME suggestion thread Smiley Happy

images.jpg

Message 16 of 17 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Was not sure where to say this but since Final Fantasy had become a big part of the conversation and I didn't feel the need to make a new thread I will put this here.

Home has been amazing. I can't express how much fun and love I have had within Home. I will be moving my world to Eorzea and visiting Home and of course the Home forums but just not as much. Without getting all mushy I just wanted you all to know that I will still be around. Smiley Wink  

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes