Splicer
56 posts

Re: How do you feel about HOME?

Apr 22, 2008

PSP-1001-K wrote:
Home will come out on June 18th, 2012 which I may add is the last day the earth will be around. The sun will explode, and we will all die a horrible death. 284 years later the PSRevolution will be released by the frozen dead heads of Ken Kuturagi and Phill Harrison. The key selling point of the PSRev will be Home 2.0.
lol.. dude.. don't ya mean December 23, 2012 ? well who knows what will happen .. at least we must have positive thoughts, right?
Message 21 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Apr 22, 2008

Phoenix8387 wrote:

RustyIrish wrote:

Phoenix8387 wrote:

Programming has quite a bit to do with it.  You can EASILY be on track to hit a scheduled release date, then BAM.  Some major error comes up that means you have to completely rework over half your code.  Doesn't look like your going to hit that deadline.  Programmers can give them an expected date, but when major thing happen or something else gets added to the project it can cause a lot more problems than you think.  Especially since Home is an online experience, and even with static specs between systems, hardware issues can become a big factor.

What cracks me up is you people gripe and complain about not getting any info... then you bash them for giving you info that they later have to change. 

Info about what? We stay in the dark for half a year, and the only news we hear as of recent, is another delay to look forward to. What info is that? That isn't info on how well it's progressed, or any new features you'll be able to enjoy, that's just good old fashioned bad news.

Thats my friggen point.  You said if Sony doesn't have anything to say then they shouldnt.  And you guys **bleep** and complain about it.  THen when Sony does give you a tentative timeframe and then have to change thatyou **bleep** and complain about that and say they shouldn't release info.
So what I'm really saying here is...  If the don't release info, you'll complain.  Then if they do and need to change it, you'll complain.

I'm done with this damn forum for the week.  Too many whiners here thinking everything else in life is a piece of cake... lesson for you, its not.

No it isn't! Everytime they release info, it's about another delay! I'm not complaining about them releasing info here and there, I'm complaining about them releasing info about the product at all. Why not just come clean and end all the specualtion and tell us that you have no ***ing clue when it will be released because you're an idiot company that doesn't know how to keep their word? At least then people can stop looking forward to a release date.
Message 22 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Apr 22, 2008

Phoenix8387 wrote:

Programming has quite a bit to do with it.  You can EASILY be on track to hit a scheduled release date, then BAM.  Some major error comes up that means you have to completely rework over half your code.  Doesn't look like your going to hit that deadline.  Programmers can give them an expected date, but when major thing happen or something else gets added to the project it can cause a lot more problems than you think.  Especially since Home is an online experience, and even with static specs between systems, hardware issues can become a big factor.

What cracks me up is you people gripe and complain about not getting any info... then you bash them for giving you info that they later have to change. 

lol.. u have some point bout that.. hehe
Message 23 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Apr 22, 2008

RustyIrish wrote:

Phoenix8387 wrote:

RustyIrish wrote:

Phoenix8387 wrote:

Info about what? We stay in the dark for half a year, and the only news we hear as of recent, is another delay to look forward to. What info is that? That isn't info on how well it's progressed, or any new features you'll be able to enjoy, that's just good old fashioned bad news.

Thats my friggen point.  You said if Sony doesn't have anything to say then they shouldnt.  And you guys **bleep** and complain about it.  THen when Sony does give you a tentative timeframe and then have to change thatyou **bleep** and complain about that and say they shouldn't release info.
So what I'm really saying here is...  If the don't release info, you'll complain.  Then if they do and need to change it, you'll complain.

I'm done with this damn forum for the week.  Too many whiners here thinking everything else in life is a piece of cake... lesson for you, its not.

No it isn't! Everytime they release info, it's about another delay! I'm not complaining about them releasing info here and there, I'm complaining about them releasing info about the product at all. Why not just come clean and end all the specualtion and tell us that you have no ***ing clue when it will be released because you're an idiot company that doesn't know how to keep their word? At least then people can stop looking forward to a release date.

this has been an interesting debate... now I see why there is a lot of argument in politics and all... very interesting indeed... I am done with this forum for today.. for the rest of the PLAYSTATION fans who read this forum.. feel free to comment your opinions or whatever... but for what I've seen so far between two PS3 users... there is no point in giving your thoughts about HOME... I don't know who has a better point but if you want to give your opinion about their conversation .. then comment it...so other gamers can understand that its meaningless to talk about HOME or whatever.... I am out.. have a good game day.. ^_^
Message 24 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Apr 22, 2008

Jeez, someone needs to take away your MAN CARD.  Wah Sony won't do this -- Wah Sony won't do that -- Wah I am going to buy a 360 -- Wah no in game XMB -- Wah no home -- Wah Wah Wah Wah.

What kind of treatment is Sony giving you?  Did Kaz Hirai come to your house and beat you with a sock full of quaters?  NO.  Sony is a big company, trying to produce the best product they can.  They aren't going to rush Home out the door because people are crying about it.  Phil Harrison left the company and now Kaz Hirai is in charge.  Kaz wasn't happy with home, so this delay announcement is no surprise.  I am a beta tester and it certainly isn't ready for prime time.

Honestly do you want Home to come out early and be rushed and full of bugs (IE: the 360 hardware) or do you want it to be a refined experience that woos and wows you from day 1?

You only get 1 time to release, so in my opnion do it right.

I bet Home is released before Duke Nukem Forever!

RustyIrish wrote:
As of right now, I hate Sony with a passion. Almost to the point of getting a 360 and never looking back. But Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out, that's enough for me to keep me around until then. But seriously, I really am looking at the 360 right now. I may take the plunge and get one. Even if it does have a failure rate, couldn't be worse than the kind of treatment Sony is dishing out on us.
Message Edited by RustyIrish on 04-22-2008 11:57 AM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
PS Vita, PlayStation 3 240GB SSD · PSP · PlayStation 2 · PlayStation
Message 25 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Apr 22, 2008

It looks to me like more and more companies are having this propensity to take longer to finish a product. This could be due to the fact that everything is becoming more integrated and aspects of code can be updated online. Sort of a lazy mentality, maybe? Maybe there isn't much pressure to fully complete a product at a suggested time because you can just update it later?

Granted, Home seems to be something on a new level so it is understandable, then, that they would like to apply the necessary polish for it.

I liked a previous analogy involving a restaurant, that made me chuckle. However, that restaurant must be serving new dishes only found at the bottom of the sea then. I mean, that's if you want a proper analogy to involve the scale that Home is on. I do get the point though, and it's disappointing to hear about all the delays.

That beind said, Home isn't all that. I see Home as being something I come home to after a long day and/or night of activities such as:

• working
  • playing basketball/tennis, running, working out
  • reading a book or playing music
  • dancing the night away while drinking up, bottoms up!
  • playing some other games (GTA4, MGS4)

And even if I delve into Home, I'm going to want to sleep. A great night of sleep >>> gaming, that is until GTA4 and FF13 (yea, I expect heavy delays here...) are in my hands. Then life is over as I know it for a couple of weeks.

Honestly, I wouldn't have had a PS3 just yet until later this year when a more favorable lineup was present. I'll have to thank my friend again.

O yea, I thought it wasn't until Dec 2012 that the world was ending, and not June?  Maybe Home will arrive just before then Smiley Wink 

Message Edited by PeIrNiOkY on 04-22-2008 01:04 PM
40GB PS3 Owner - What? I didn't pay for it. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1455 posts

Apr 22, 2008
I love it.
Message 27 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Apr 22, 2008

It's ok if they give us a beta. I know they need to fix a lot of bugs and all that,but give us something. Beta, in game XMB what ever to make us happy not waste $600 on something that make multy platform games like crap!! I know it's not sony's fault,but come on they need to stop doing this and work harder i'm so mad right now cuz it's a simple program!!!! Has so many delays!!

Message 28 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Apr 22, 2008
I feel like it's something I'm looking forward to seeing.  I can't wait to raid!
Message 29 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes