Reply
Oct 08 2012
By: Smoochy-Rhino Sackboy 416 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

10 replies 470 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Taken from the blog post a little while ago:

 

speedwings1x

 

has anyone heard about these? How do you turn them on and off?

Message 1 of 11 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 8, 2012

Here, I'll hop right in my Delorean then come back and let you know. 

 

How would any of us know? Smiley Indifferent

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 11 (457 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/27/2008
Offline
767 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 8, 2012

The video on the Playstation Blog video said "with the press of a button" so I would imagine they work the same way as the other locomotion items. You activate the speed boost by pressing square.

Message 3 of 11 (455 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/20/2009
Offline
3699 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 8, 2012

Hey!

 

These will work like the previous Locomotion items from nDreams. They appear in our Inventory (like the Balloons and Companions), from there we can simply Activate or Deactivate them.

 

Which means we can wear any outfit when we use them!

Message 4 of 11 (453 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 08/29/2012
Offline
416 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Here, I'll hop right in my Delorean then come back and let you know. 

 

How would any of us know? Smiley Indifferent


it was solved less than two minutes after your post

 

now I'm gonna go take a ride in Sophonia's DeLorean to the year 2015!

 

Edited for inappropriate language.

 

Message 5 of 11 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Here, I'll hop right in my Delorean then come back and let you know. 

 

How would any of us know? Smiley Indifferent


it was solved less than two minutes after your post

 

now I'm gonna go take a ride in Sophonia's DeLorean to the year 2015!

 


I could've posted an assumption as well. We won't know until Wednesday how they work. 

 

Have fun. 

 

Lolz.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 11 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
Registered: 02/18/2011
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Sophronia is correct! You'll fly at 150% your normal avatar speed when holding Square, and you'll fly slightly faster than normal running speed without holding Square. And yes, they'll work with any clothing without taking a clothing slot, even full body outfits. Check out the trailer to see them all:

 

http://youtu.be/N_vxXda953c

__________________________________________________________________________

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!


Message 7 of 11 (402 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 9, 2012

The current Ndream locomotions are 135% for comparison sake. These will be roughly 15% faster.

Message 8 of 11 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
4466 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 9, 2012
Message 9 of 11 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
11814 posts
 

Re: How do Speedwings boost an avatar?

Oct 9, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

You'll fly at 150% your normal avatar speed when holding Square, and you'll fly slightly faster than normal running speed without holding Square. And yes, they'll work with any clothing without taking a clothing slot, even full body outfits.




Can we use these in Orb Runner??........................Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 11 (243 Views)
0 Likes