Sep 04 2009
By: PunisherNY Lombax Warrior 101 posts

How do I become a guide?

12 replies 54 views Edited Sep 4, 2009
I would really love to help out my fellow playstation home comrads. How would I become a guide. What are the requirements and are there auditions?
Message 1 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3361 posts

Re: How do I become a guide?

Sep 4, 2009
Pm one of the home community managers and tell them you would like to be added to the waiting list.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Sep 4, 2009
Message 3 of 13 (54 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2040 posts

Sep 4, 2009

PunisherNY wrote:
I would really love to help out my fellow playstation home comrads. How would I become a guide. What are the requirements and are there auditions?

Just be on the lookout when openings are available. Usually, someone form the Home staff will post the announcements on Home, if they are in need of help. In order to qualify, you need to have a clean record (no bans, warnings, etc.).

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 4 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Sep 4, 2009
Damn. Iv'e been banned from the forums for mentioning the twisty cheese head on the forums a while back Smiley Sad   All I wanted was the shirt anyway
Message 5 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2040 posts

Sep 4, 2009

PunisherNY wrote:
Damn. Iv'e been banned from the forums for mentioning the twisty cheese head on the forums a while back Smiley Sad   All I wanted was the shirt anyway

Yes, it is a sacred shirt, too Holy for a fiend such as yourself! Just kidding lol Man Very Happy. Since there are only a few guides (and since the requirements are strict to getting in), they definitely deserve to have their own special clothing. It's quite an accomplishment, in my opinion. 

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Message 6 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Sep 4, 2009

PunisherNY wrote:
I would really love to help out my fellow playstation home comrads.

Then you are already a guide. 

Message 7 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Like steven said just message a manager ask them to add y...

Sep 4, 2009

Like steven said just message a manager ask them to add you onto the list of people. they will message you tho if you made the cut. being a guide/volunteer you don't get to do much other thenb your self report bad actions to a MOD another thing yo can do is host game events. other then that you ge to wear a snazzy red/white jack with guide on the back n just be your normal everyday self

Message 8 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Sep 4, 2009

PunisherNY wrote:

Spend a lot of time on Home doing nothing.  The first buch of guides where picked do to haveing high level's of kudos.  If you look at the top kudos members (for this forum) you're see most of the guides.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 9 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Sep 4, 2009

PunisherNY wrote:

Soooooo many things I want to say here... must... fight... urge...

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 10 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes