Splicer
63 posts

Re: How big is it,

Apr 15, 2007
If you watch the conference video at the, I think its the GDC, he talks about how many people fit a main room.

Message 11 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 15, 2007
It's mostly indoors, so it would be impossible to fit 50,000 people within viewable range.
Watch the GDC keynote. Most of the lobbies only had several dozen or less characters. That way, the environent doesn't seem to crowded or too empty
Message 12 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Apr 15, 2007
I guess we will find out when it is released. I doubt they would make HOME & not have an area to support worldwide use.

RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 13 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 16, 2007

Fate wrote:

sandaz wrote:
sorry i accidently pushed enter, I meant though that if there will be 50,000 users, could they all fit in the central lounge, Is home going to be the size of a state, or will some users get shown and others won't.

Its kinda confusing, sorry.

Heh. I'm sure this info is posted somewhere but in general I doubt the servers will be hosting 50k users at once. I would assume player "housing" will be handled very much like Final Fantasy XI where everyone had a "shared" entrance. In other words there will probably be one central location where everyone goes but has their house individually loaded for them so this will save space on the physical world map. My guess would be the actual space won't be that large seeing as walking will most likely be the main (if not only) mode of travel. Maybe 1 square mile??

Or you can just use the PSP Navigator. It would really suck if we had to walk to our apartment. Talk about all the Virtual Exercise.

Anyways i think it'll be alot like Habbo only better! I wonder if i'll be able to make a Fallin' Furni.
Message 14 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 16, 2007

Findecano wrote:

Fate wrote:

sandaz wrote:
sorry i accidently pushed enter, I meant though that if there will be 50,000 users, could they all fit in the central lounge, Is home going to be the size of a state, or will some users get shown and others won't.

Its kinda confusing, sorry.

Heh. I'm sure this info is posted somewhere but in general I doubt the servers will be hosting 50k users at once. I would assume player "housing" will be handled very much like Final Fantasy XI where everyone had a "shared" entrance. In other words there will probably be one central location where everyone goes but has their house individually loaded for them so this will save space on the physical world map. My guess would be the actual space won't be that large seeing as walking will most likely be the main (if not only) mode of travel. Maybe 1 square mile??

Or you can just use the PSP Navigator. It would really suck if we had to walk to our apartment. Talk about all the Virtual Exercise.

Anyways i think it'll be alot like Habbo only better! I wonder if i'll be able to make a Fallin' Furni.

No, you won't have to walk all the way to your apartment. That would really suck

A good way to reduce lag in Home is to incorporate loading blocks for your furniture, like Habbo. When you go into your house, each piece of furniture loads for about 2-4 seconds, so the servers won't lag due to quick furniture uploading.
Falling Furni would be wicked fun on Home. It makes sense, too, because you pick up the furniture and drop it.
Message 15 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Apr 17, 2007
thanks, i get it now, so basically you won't be with 50,000 people, but you will be in a server with possibly 1000 people
Message 16 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Apr 17, 2007
It's about 7.5 inches. Smiley Tongue

No but really, I think there are going to be different servers for a certain amount of people.
Message 17 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1943 posts

Apr 17, 2007
64 people per server for now, they hope to increase it though
Message 18 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
910 posts

Apr 17, 2007
i hope it will be easy to find my friends
Message 19 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Apr 17, 2007

Fate wrote:
That's what SHE said!! HAH.

All joking aside if this post was in reference to the file size of Home, I believe it will be around 500mb if I remember correctly.

Good Call!!!
Message 20 of 21 (4 Views)
0 Likes