Aug 23 2014
By: CaptainKuchiki- First Son 17 posts

How are Private Messages being sent?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 556 views Edited Aug 23, 2014

I shall try and make this as brief as possible. I have a friend who is dealing with an overgrown, overaged, disgusting stalker of a member on Playstation Home, and potentially, real life. For the past week has been making multiple accounts to harass, threaten, and frighten her. This man knows no boundaries to respect, be it for a person by sheer common sense or the fact that the age makes him eligible for arrest. What I want to know, is how is this creep sending her Private Messages? My friend has kept to herself, among fellow Clubhouse Company, in private spaces because he is somehow always stalking her on the public ones. She has made a point to block his main and multiple accounts, yet he is always making more to harass her with. Blocking isn't as guaranteed a solution if it still lets them message you in PsHome. But the mystery is - how is he doing it? How is he able to send her private messages if a person needs to be present to have their name clicked and "Send Message" chosen? I don't mean for this to come off as some manner of a drama bomb, but I have a particular soft spot for what is technially Criminal Activity. I would request an IP Ban of his PSN to be tracked. This must stop. It is frightening to think that this man may know where she lives among other things, but safety is a high concern right now. And security within Home needs to step up. It's disgusting.. a thirty-nine year old low-life preying on someone still in her early twenties. Is there a manual input to type that can allow people to send messages without the person needing to be present? Is it hacking? I do not know - but that is why I am here and asking, because I wish for an answer, and with thin hope, for solutions.

-Edited to remove PSN ID-

Message 1 of 25 (556 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

Re: How are Private Messages being sent?

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2014

When you say "Private Messages" do you mean via the XMB or do you mean PM's that show up in the "Text Chat Window" on Home?

Btw you might want to edit and remove the user PSN ID it's considered "Blacklisting" and against forum rules.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 2 of 25 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 23, 2014
You type "/pm username and the message you want to send" to pm remotely. Tell your friend to add that user to their block list, problem solved.
Message 3 of 25 (545 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Aug 23, 2014

I've removed his PSN.. deserving as he is to be blacklisted and thrown in the slammer. But aye. In the Text Window on PsHome. Hm.. so is that all she can do? Block each account as he makes another and another whilst continually terrorizing her? Even the Block List has it's limits. But I do appreciate the enlighten me of knowing the 'hows' of his PMing her.

Message 4 of 25 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
You type "/pm username and the message you want to send" to pm remotely. Tell your friend to add that user to their block list, problem solved.

Seems this nut job @buck is using mutliple accounts and creating new ones as needed. It might be more effective to turn off PM's in the settings while on Home.

The only downside is you have to do it everytime you log onto Home but at least that way she won't recieve PM's no matter what account the knuckle head uses.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 5 of 25 (534 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Aug 23, 2014

That certainly sounds more.. reasonable than the stress of exercising the block button. But I am truly grateful - I sought answers and solutions, and am receiving just that. Thank you truly.

Message 6 of 25 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 23, 2014
The only other thing she can really do is report the guy every time he deserves it. In most cases ive encountered like this on home, the best solution is to simply pretend the agitator does not exist at all.

He is basically feeding off the negative reactions he gets from her, once he stops getting a reaction he will eventually get bored and move on.
Message 7 of 25 (527 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

Aug 23, 2014

CaptainKuchiki- wrote:

I've removed his PSN.. deserving as he is to be blacklisted and thrown in the slammer. But aye. In the Text Window on PsHome. Hm.. so is that all she can do? Block each account as he makes another and another whilst continually terrorizing her? Even the Block List has it's limits. But I do appreciate the enlighten me of knowing the 'hows' of his PMing her.

Just turn off PM's on the settings while on Home. I'm not on Home at the moment but I believe it's under "Labels" then go to "Personal" and uncheck the box. Just remember this has to be done evertime you log back onto Home.

This blocks all PM's including friends at least this way you don't have to worry which account the knuckle head uses.Woman Happy

Message 8 of 25 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Aug 23, 2014

lol

Message 9 of 25 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6260 posts

Aug 23, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
The only other thing she can really do is report the guy every time he deserves it. In most cases ive encountered like this on home, the best solution is to simply pretend the agitator does not exist at all.

He is basically feeding off the negative reactions he gets from her, once he stops getting a reaction he will eventually get bored and move on.

I agree but reports have to be investigated and that takes time. That's not going to help her in the present situation.

Message 10 of 25 (515 Views)
0 Likes