First Son
17 posts

Re: How are Private Messages being sent?

Aug 23, 2014

This is the first in a long time that our Club has had a true positive atmosphere in a long time. At least this obsession issue ends here, for now.. And, there is always Clubhouse Chat and Group Chat for her Non-ClubHouse Friends, I am joyous with these answers. Thank you very much!

Message 11 of 25 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 23, 2014
True, may actually be one of those situations that needs to be investigated tho. Better safe than sorry.

The whole turning off pm's completely has so many more cons than pros in my opinion. Thats how half the people i know in home keep in touch, so turning them off completely just isnt an option (for me). Why there are not the typical privacy setting options there is just blatant incompetence.
Message 12 of 25 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5942 posts

Aug 23, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
True, may actually be one of those situations that needs to be investigated tho. Better safe than sorry.

The whole turning off pm's completely has so many more cons than pros in my opinion. Thats how half the people i know in home keep in touch, so turning them off completely just isnt an option (for me). Why there are not the typical privacy setting options there is just blatant incompetence.

You could always use "Group or Club" each have their own seperate channels that can be independently turned on or off.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 13 of 25 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 23, 2014
Well yeah... But there is a really good reason i dont use either of those, but i wont get into all that nonsense. Really doesnt make sense to not use them now with player inspection being available, but i haz no choice but to comply.
Message 14 of 25 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5942 posts

Aug 23, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
Well yeah... But there is a really good reason i dont use either of those, but i wont get into all that nonsense. Really doesnt make sense to not use them now with player inspection being available, but i haz no choice but to comply.

I know the reason it's the same reasons I don't use it lol. There's also The "Text Chat" feature on the XMB it's almost as fast and there's no empty text bubble.

I agree though PM's are convenient it's just unfortunate that people use it to harass folks. I'm not sure why privacy settings can't be used for PM's. There maybe some technical reason this can't be done.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 15 of 25 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Aug 25, 2014

Yes apparently you can disable private messages on PSH & another important thing privacy settngs on PS4 & PS3 on privacy settngs you'll have a option to who you receive messages from change it to friends only if this person sends you any friends requests change who you receive friends requests from to nobody but there's a downside there is decent PSN users out there but they'll won't be able to send you any friends requests TBH just create a new Sony Entertainment Network account i recommend it rather than changing your privacy settngs 

Message 16 of 25 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2014

Maybe there is more to the story than what the OP has posted, but based on what they are saying, unless their friend never gets any PMs from friends (which for me, I get lots of them each time Im in Home as my friends are often spread around Home, but still like chatting from time to time)... then changing the settings to disable PMs seems like a very drastic solution which would likely make their experience in Home worse instead of better.

Instead, using the block option takes just a mear few seconds, and even if the stalker kept making new PSN IDs, to get around a blocked ID, that not only can takes several minutes to do, but they would also have to log out, change users, log back into Home with a new account and then send a single PM which your friend could just block in a few seconds.   So who is really suffering? To me the moron making countless alts and spending all their time logging into Home is the loser.

Not only that, but the problem with this story is that when you block someone, they don't know this.  If you send a PM to someone blocking you, you do not get a message saying the user did not get the message.  In fact, even if you send a PM when the user isn't even logged into Home, and even if they are on your Friends List, it still makes it appear the PM went through in the chat log.

So as far as any stalker might know, unless they actually track your friend down in Home each and every time they create a new account, they wont even know if any of their PMs are even possibly going through.

Bottom line:  This story doesn't really quite make sense, but regardless, just use the block option - it really is VERY easy to do and of course IF they really think they have a stalker who wont leave them alone, report it to Sony.  They take that kind of behavior very seriously.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 17 of 25 (347 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5942 posts

Aug 25, 2014

@D-Nitrate! There's always more to these stories. Especially when it comes to Home.Woman WinkWoman Happy 

Message 18 of 25 (339 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2014

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

@D-Nitrate! There's always more to these stories. Especially when it comes to Home.Woman WinkWoman Happy 

... and this forum. Lot's of story tellers and melodrama all around. Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 25 (335 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
485 posts

Aug 27, 2014

"the fact that the age makes him eligible for arrest"

Um no....early twenties and 39 isn't illegal. His behavior however should be reported to Sony as that's really crazy. I think if you just ignore him for a while by ignoring all pms for a while, he'll likely stop. These guys just love making people uncomfortable. It makes them feel powerful. Don't give them that, they'll get bored and look somewhere else.

Message 20 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Likes