Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: How Would You Have Made the Halloween Event Better?

Nov 6, 2012
It needed dancing hyenas and they should have gave out free banana costumes

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 11 of 30 (188 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 6, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

1. Fire the developer 

You know that Lockwood Publishing is responsible for creating a Halloween event. (check for Animations, match the speed to LKWD's content./Their PlayStation Store point logo) but why firing LKWD if they are a 3rd party dev?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 12 of 30 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I actually enjoyed the event. Maybe I was lucky, but getting the rewards was also relatively hassle free.

But, it could have been improved if people had been given more info upfront. It was the how, when, where and for how long that frustrated people.
Posted Image

Message 13 of 30 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 6, 2012

i would of set up a huge haunted house for people to get items from like 3 stories high maybe have a scavenger hunt r something where u have to find select items to turn in for rewards. the event wasn't too bad it was the hemlock that kept dissapearing after after a certain time. would of made it so that there was night n day llike they have in hideaway the flower comes out during the daytime hour then the next hour is night time same w the skull n the pumpkin n ectoplasm n bat wings make it so the pumpkin n ectoplasm comes out during the daytime n the batwings n skull come out at the night time. also i wouldn't of put in the other music over the dance floor it was hard to time the dances cause u had 2 different tempo songs going on at the same time. wouldn't of minded some ghosts n such also.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Message 14 of 30 (154 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

1. No cash carnival  and no Home music (only original Halloween music or classic Halloween music)

2. No clock based events or items. Event would start on the first update week of October and change weekly with final event and rewards on 31st.

3. There would be 20+ UNIQUE rewards, not that male/female counting seperately nonsense

4. Bring back all old Home originals Halloween costumes, including the female vampire outfit

5. In addition to the free rewards, there would be some exclusive rewards only obtained through buying NEW halloween costumes produced this year (similar to Granzella's Halloween event and witch outfits)

6. No forced multiplayer games, but you have the option to play with freinds or others if you want

Message 15 of 30 (140 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 7, 2012

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

I think all events should end with a bang. That is make all ingredience available on the last few days. You eliminate alot of frustration problems that way. And everyone leaves the Home event feeling happy about Home.

Smiley Happy

All events should end like that.

Besides that, I think the event went pretty well. First of all, the Home staff went and paid for development of an EVENT!!! That should always be applauded. IMHO. And I'm very happy they did that. Events to me make Home MUCH better. Not just content. But events. Content is mostly a solitary enjoyment thing. Relatively. You enjoy showing stuff off and seeing what your friends got, but good events are better at promoting users to make friends. And it's that ability, the enjoying of meeting and talking to people that I think is Home's greatest strength. But it's often less promoted compared to new sales content.

I think the one thing that would make this kind of event better is something that has a timetable for appearing. But not like the Hemlock. The hemlock is something that keeps you busy as you are gathering and mixing. I'm talking about something that shows up at certain times, and we have to wait together for it. That brings us together. And is a natural way to promote new friendships. People will talk and chat while they wait and have fun eagerly waiting for something. And it's that interaction that helps make events really fun.

Smiley Happy

The Home staff went and paid for this event?  I must be missing something here, but I reread that phrase several times. May I ask you to clarify please? I'm going to assume you mean that they coordinated with Lockwood to develop the items etc. for our Halloween event, but I'm a bit lost.

Message 16 of 30 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I think he means they did it out of their department's own budget and paid Lockwood

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 17 of 30 (79 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 7, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
I think he means they did it out of their department's own budget and paid Lockwood

If that's the case, then I can appreciate the fact that our staff would do that, but why should they have to? The powers that be would have made this a very lack-lustre event otherwise, or we would have had next to nothing? I'm not quite sure why that should be the case or what to think about that.

Message 18 of 30 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Face_Fook wrote:

I made the halloween event better by getting hammered and passing out in a pool of my own vomit. Highly recommended for next halloween.

That hardly seems an appropriate way to celebrate Halloween. I recommend saving that sort of celebration for National Bundt (Pan) Day (Nov 15th). I really did not just make that up.

Message 19 of 30 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Not to go off topic but I really hope this years Winter Event, will not be held in the same place, as it was for Halloween.  I think if Halloween event had its own space, it would've been better.

Message 20 of 30 (154 Views)
0 Likes