Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:
"Check the avatar's trophies and games..Someone with trophies in COD, Wrestling, Car racing ..Male type games ...might be a give away
someone dressed in all free females clothes..... might be a give away
someone with a new account level 1 no trophies....might be a give away
someone who talks about flower arranging one minute and then changing the engine in their 1967 Mustang might be a give away...."


The fact that you said these things.... might make you look sexist too.

An avatar's trophy count does not determine gender. Females can play games like COD, wrestling, car racing among other "male type games" just as well as males can...if not better. Someone dressed in all free female clothing, might just be a new female user to Home, has no money on PSN and is trying to find a quick and cheap way to not be a default.

AND....dont always assume girls dont know how to work on cars. Some of them make better mechanics than even the most professional "males" out there.

These are NOT standards under which one should determine genders in Home. Very bad examples, in fact.

I disagree entirely; they are great examples. There's a difference between acknowledging differences between the sexes and being sexist, by the way.

 

Girls MAY play these types of games, but rarely (so rare as to be almost NEVER) play them exclusively. A girl that enjoys these types of games, will play other types, too. It's the guys that seem to get fanatical about COD, etc. Or maybe they don't want their friends to see they have trophies from "Flower".

 

Some girls also may work on cars, but not only is that rare in the real world, it's even more rare to find a girl with that interest also interested in Home.

 

Finally, girls are much more likely to spend money on clothes in Home than guys. A lot of the "boys" just stop in between sessions of FPS games to troll on Home awhile and they LOVE to troll as femal avatars, but don't want to spend any money. (Check out the bad makeup jobs, too.)


Most offensive post of the week! Kudo if you agree!

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 71 of 78 (235 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
1232 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:
"Check the avatar's trophies and games..Someone with trophies in COD, Wrestling, Car racing ..Male type games ...might be a give away
someone dressed in all free females clothes..... might be a give away
someone with a new account level 1 no trophies....might be a give away
someone who talks about flower arranging one minute and then changing the engine in their 1967 Mustang might be a give away...."


The fact that you said these things.... might make you look sexist too.

An avatar's trophy count does not determine gender. Females can play games like COD, wrestling, car racing among other "male type games" just as well as males can...if not better. Someone dressed in all free female clothing, might just be a new female user to Home, has no money on PSN and is trying to find a quick and cheap way to not be a default.

AND....dont always assume girls dont know how to work on cars. Some of them make better mechanics than even the most professional "males" out there.

These are NOT standards under which one should determine genders in Home. Very bad examples, in fact.

I disagree entirely; they are great examples. There's a difference between acknowledging differences between the sexes and being sexist, by the way.

 

Girls MAY play these types of games, but rarely (so rare as to be almost NEVER) play them exclusively. A girl that enjoys these types of games, will play other types, too. It's the guys that seem to get fanatical about COD, etc. Or maybe they don't want their friends to see they have trophies from "Flower".

 

Some girls also may work on cars, but not only is that rare in the real world, it's even more rare to find a girl with that interest also interested in Home.

 

Finally, girls are much more likely to spend money on clothes in Home than guys. A lot of the "boys" just stop in between sessions of FPS games to troll on Home awhile and they LOVE to troll as femal avatars, but don't want to spend any money. (Check out the bad makeup jobs, too.)


Right-on!!  and yes forgot about the bad make-up jobs, or some of the colour matchings of the outfits.

 

Some peoples tastes are all in their mouths....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 72 of 78 (212 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

Makeup can be overdone. I love it when they use too much rouge. Smiley Wink

Message 73 of 78 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2518 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:
"Check the avatar's trophies and games..Someone with trophies in COD, Wrestling, Car racing ..Male type games ...might be a give away
someone dressed in all free females clothes..... might be a give away
someone with a new account level 1 no trophies....might be a give away
someone who talks about flower arranging one minute and then changing the engine in their 1967 Mustang might be a give away...."


The fact that you said these things.... might make you look sexist too.

An avatar's trophy count does not determine gender. Females can play games like COD, wrestling, car racing among other "male type games" just as well as males can...if not better. Someone dressed in all free female clothing, might just be a new female user to Home, has no money on PSN and is trying to find a quick and cheap way to not be a default.

AND....dont always assume girls dont know how to work on cars. Some of them make better mechanics than even the most professional "males" out there.

These are NOT standards under which one should determine genders in Home. Very bad examples, in fact.

I disagree entirely; they are great examples. There's a difference between acknowledging differences between the sexes and being sexist, by the way.

 

Girls MAY play these types of games, but rarely (so rare as to be almost NEVER) play them exclusively. A girl that enjoys these types of games, will play other types, too. It's the guys that seem to get fanatical about COD, etc. Or maybe they don't want their friends to see they have trophies from "Flower".

 

Some girls also may work on cars, but not only is that rare in the real world, it's even more rare to find a girl with that interest also interested in Home.

 

Finally, girls are much more likely to spend money on clothes in Home than guys. A lot of the "boys" just stop in between sessions of FPS games to troll on Home awhile and they LOVE to troll as femal avatars, but don't want to spend any money. (Check out the bad makeup jobs, too.)


I use to check trophies, but I don't anymore. It turned out to be not all that reliable, and I have some female home friends I have known for years, and they play some of these games. But like you said, not exclusively. If I see a trophy list with all fighting, combat, wrestling cars, football, etc... and nothing less aggressive, then that does suggest male. Testosterone is aggressive after all, and estrogen is not. But again, nothing is absolute from one person to the next.

 

I determine more by behaviors. Men in general are going to be more sexually forward than women. And teenage boys in particular, usually lack tact. For example, when a default dressed female comes up to me and asks "Are you lezbo?" I am probably not going to have a conversation with that person. But for the most part, I'm really not interested in who the person is behind the avatar. Home is just time out of my day to have fun.

Message 74 of 78 (203 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:
"Check the avatar's trophies and games..Someone with trophies in COD, Wrestling, Car racing ..Male type games ...might be a give away
someone dressed in all free females clothes..... might be a give away
someone with a new account level 1 no trophies....might be a give away
someone who talks about flower arranging one minute and then changing the engine in their 1967 Mustang might be a give away...."


The fact that you said these things.... might make you look sexist too.

An avatar's trophy count does not determine gender. Females can play games like COD, wrestling, car racing among other "male type games" just as well as males can...if not better. Someone dressed in all free female clothing, might just be a new female user to Home, has no money on PSN and is trying to find a quick and cheap way to not be a default.

AND....dont always assume girls dont know how to work on cars. Some of them make better mechanics than even the most professional "males" out there.

These are NOT standards under which one should determine genders in Home. Very bad examples, in fact.

I disagree entirely; they are great examples. There's a difference between acknowledging differences between the sexes and being sexist, by the way.

 

Girls MAY play these types of games, but rarely (so rare as to be almost NEVER) play them exclusively. A girl that enjoys these types of games, will play other types, too. It's the guys that seem to get fanatical about COD, etc. Or maybe they don't want their friends to see they have trophies from "Flower".

 

Some girls also may work on cars, but not only is that rare in the real world, it's even more rare to find a girl with that interest also interested in Home.

 

Finally, girls are much more likely to spend money on clothes in Home than guys. A lot of the "boys" just stop in between sessions of FPS games to troll on Home awhile and they LOVE to troll as femal avatars, but don't want to spend any money. (Check out the bad makeup jobs, too.)


I use to check trophies, but I don't anymore. It turned out to be not all that reliable, and I have some female home friends I have known for years, and they play some of these games. But like you said, not exclusively. If I see a trophy list with all fighting, combat, wrestling cars, football, etc... and nothing less aggressive, then that does suggest male. Testosterone is aggressive after all, and estrogen is not. But again, nothing is absolute from one person to the next.

 

I determine more by behaviors. Men in general are going to be more sexually forward than women. And teenage boys in particular, usually lack tact. For example, when a default dressed female comes up to me and asks "Are you lezbo?" I am probably not going to have a conversation with that person. But for the most part, I'm really not interested in who the person is behind the avatar. Home is just time out of my day to have fun.


The trophy count is not very reliable. Some think that I am a total noob, because they don't see any trophies if they check. The reason for that is that I'm using a dedicated account just for Home. When you check then you see that I don't have any trophies.... on this account. But this does not mean that I don't play. I do have trophies on my "game account", but you won't be able to see them on Home.

Message 75 of 78 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
2926 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

HotChick955 wrote:


The trophy count is not very reliable. Some think that I am a total noob, because they don't see any trophies if they check. The reason for that is that I'm using a dedicated account just for Home. When you check then you see that I don't have any trophies.... on this account. But this does not mean that I don't play. I do have trophies on my "game account", but you won't be able to see them on Home.


And now we could have a whole conversation about guys who use fake ID's when they're pretending to be female. To make them seem like "real" girls, they use words like "sexy", "hot", "girl". "chick", "princess" etc.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 76 of 78 (164 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

HotChick955 wrote:


The trophy count is not very reliable. Some think that I am a total noob, because they don't see any trophies if they check. The reason for that is that I'm using a dedicated account just for Home. When you check then you see that I don't have any trophies.... on this account. But this does not mean that I don't play. I do have trophies on my "game account", but you won't be able to see them on Home.


And now we could have a whole conversation about guys who use fake ID's when they're pretending to be female. To make them seem like "real" girls, they use words like "sexy", "hot", "girl". "chick", "princess" etc.


We COULD... but SHOULD we? Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 77 of 78 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2518 posts
 

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 24, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

HotChick955 wrote:


The trophy count is not very reliable. Some think that I am a total noob, because they don't see any trophies if they check. The reason for that is that I'm using a dedicated account just for Home. When you check then you see that I don't have any trophies.... on this account. But this does not mean that I don't play. I do have trophies on my "game account", but you won't be able to see them on Home.


And now we could have a whole conversation about guys who use fake ID's when they're pretending to be female. To make them seem like "real" girls, they use words like "sexy", "hot", "girl". "chick", "princess" etc.


Guys make female usernames that represent girls as guys view them... as sex objects. Especially beware of any name with "69" in it.

Message 78 of 78 (150 Views)
0 Likes