Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: How NOT to Flirt with Girls

May 20, 2013

I should warn you too, I guess, there are a lot, and I mean a lot of " girls" on home who will friend you for lockwood( and I guess now 3D printer) tokens and Psn codes. It is ok to give gifts to your friends( I do sometimes) but don't let anyone use you. Good friends won't ask for anything. I have been given things I never asked for, they were a nice surprise to me. On the other hand, I have one friend who is a constant begger, and switches to female avi, if male doesn't work, and one adult friend( a college student) who still begs from time to time, but I only gave him a gift on his birthday.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 21 of 78 (474 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

May 20, 2013

First of all, remember that you are looking for a Home (internet) relationship.

Any friendship / courtship is like a Pryamid; it is built from the base up.

Don't "approach" women. Meet them in social settings in which they feel comfortable. Go to, and spend time in those SItes where people go to game and socialize. Scorpio's Bar, the Bowling Alley, and Hudson are a couple of examples. Where you go, will determine the age and maturrity of the females you meet.

Don't ask a girl if she has a BF, before you ever ask her "how are you". Rude and forward behavior, is a turn-off.

Don't run up to a girl. Don't circle a girl like some rabid dog. Don't try to get so close to them, that it appears as if you are trying to climb on top of them. If you absolutely feel you need to be that close, go see an eye doctor.

Don't wear low riders, and saunter soooo slowly past girls, You look like either a streetwalker, or a guy who couldn't find the restroom in time, and is now "two quarts low".

Don't be abusive in any manner. If you have good manners, and a good sense of humor, then you are already ahead of the rest of the pack.

Don't offer to buy girls gifts. You can't buy Love, only rent it, until she finds "a better offer".  I'll assume you don't want that kind of GF in any case.

Clothes ? Well, nice outfits are not madatory, but some non-default threads will help you in your quest,. After all, you're a man, and we don't really expect much sartorial splendor from you; we just hope (pray) for it.

If you ask a girl where she lives, and she says " Harbour Studio Apartments", then move on.

If you ask a girl what she does in RL, and she says " Tree Surgeon " , then move on.

If you ask a girl if she has a boyfriend, and she looks you over, and says " Sorry, I only date within my species", then move on.

I hope this all helps you; but what do I know, I don't do Internet or Home relationships.

Excuse me please, I have to go trim some Oak Trees.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 22 of 78 (463 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

May 20, 2013

Seeing as you name is "SuspectOnFoot", your probably already good at pretending to be something your not. So I'd say just buy yourself a life size girlfriend companion from Aton Republic. That way you can pretend you have a girlfriend, and make all the real girls jealous.Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 78 (436 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 20, 2013

SuspectOnFoot wrote:
So I finally got a keyboard, don't look 100% noobish, and have a decent apartment...how can I maximize my chances with the ladies on Home?

What should I avoid doing?

az logn az u dotn tlk lyke dis Smiley Wink

Also beware, not every female avatar is a female. There are many men who use female avatars.

photo brunzdead911_zps7fd473d4.jpg
Message 24 of 78 (420 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

May 20, 2013
Don't say; hello where do you live, how are you, how old are you, and any personal questions to start. Instead, say something about how pretty her shirt is, or you like her bike (or whatever she has.). Do talk about yourself, like I love dogs...I have three...do you like dogs? I like your Avi name, how did you come up with it? Find things interesting to talk about that you like to do or ask her what she likes to do on Home. I can tell you if I'm asked where I live or how old I am one more time....lol...it just shows a person doesn't really have much else to say or the just want a girlfriend. Best advise, don't look for a girlfriend, look for a FRIEND first. That advice is also the best in real life too!! Good luck!

Oh, and you might do a search here on the forums for finding a GF too. There have been other threads asking this question and some great advice postings about this subject.
Message 25 of 78 (415 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

May 20, 2013

Treat them like they have real feelings, because they do. It's only pixels, but there's a real person behind a tv somewhere. I think sometimes people forget that. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 78 (397 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 20, 2013

Brunz_911 wrote:
az logn az u dotn tlk lyke dis Smiley Wink

Bless !!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 27 of 78 (390 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

May 20, 2013

I accidently dated my Mom for 3 weeks.   Smiley Embarassed

Message 28 of 78 (363 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

May 20, 2013

SuspectOnFoot wrote:
So I finally got a keyboard, don't look 100% noobish, and have a decent apartment...how can I maximize my chances with the ladies on Home?

What should I avoid doing?

First try to figure out who the girls are. And I don't mean avatars. Good luck with that.

Message 29 of 78 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

May 20, 2013

i'm one of those dudes that use female and male avatars because, i find it impossible for me to take Home seriously and avatars to me are nothing more than that...avatars.

and although there are actual females that use Home, well, make sure they really are...but my advice would be to take some of the advice others have given and go out of the house and meet real life females. 

the mall, the grocery store, maybe school. 

social media in itself is cool, convenient, but this generation has become so involved with social media that some don't develop any true social skills outside of social media. people rather meet online than meet or even conversate with a real life human being. if one has a balance and has fantastic social skill off and online, cool....but still, go outside, and try talking to girls you can see, meet, and make real life friends with.

"human contact is awesome, try it sometimes"
Message 30 of 78 (335 Views)