Dec 05 2009
By: Worm32 Sackboy 588 posts

How Long From Cross Media Bar To Avatar?

10 replies 4 views Edited Dec 5, 2009

So we all know that since past updates, Home is taking an extremely long time to load, but have you ever actually timed it? Out of curiosity, I did, and it took an agonizing 3 minutes and 6 seconds from the time I selected Home in the XMB, to actually seeing my avatar. 

I know everyones times will vary (especially during the "verifying purchased content"), but is anyone getting in much faster/longer. I am running a high speed wired connection so I would assume I'm on the fast end. It has been like this for quite a while, so is this something we're going to have to get used to, or should we expect some reasonable load times in the future?

Message 1 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2681 posts

Re: How Long From Cross Media Bar To Avatar?

Dec 5, 2009

I just timed it. It took:3 minutes and 1 second.

It actually used to be longer for me, but I had reinstalled Home so now it's going through it's temporary fast loading period until I download a bunch of spaces. 

Message 2 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 5, 2009
Uh yeah add this to the never ending list of problems, if you wanna call it one, its a still a beta which is becomeing ridiculous itself, seems it will always be. i personaly cannot see myself turning on home and not seeing the lil beta on the screen any time soon.
Message 3 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Dec 5, 2009
what I want to know is how many minutes people usually take, the longes i've had to wait is well under 1min...scratch that...reread to understand, it takes me 1min and 20 sec from xmb to avatar
Message Edited by GamerMoney on 12-05-2009 04:21 PM
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Dec 5, 2009
i dont start the time till i get to the "message of the day" then i press start. it take me about 3 minutes while it says Precaching the stuff and pre-caching my purchased items, after that then its a "Home" streach from there
Message 5 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2681 posts

Dec 5, 2009
The verifying process is what took me 2 freaking minutes to get past. ^_^
Message 6 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9846 posts

Dec 5, 2009
When I hit the HOME icon on the XMB, it takes 3 minutes and 45 seconds for my avatar to appear in HOME. And another 3 minutes for my avatar in HOME to fully download, and stop seeing ghost avatars in Central Plaza.
Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3543 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Haven't timed mine yet, but it would be interesting to see how the timing is affected by either the number of items actually purchased in your wardrobe/furniture, or the total number of items in your collection, or if it's just 'Net connection related.  Could you guys quantify your posts with rough ideas of how many items you have?  No need to list the cost, just a general idea of how massive your inventory is.  I know I have almost all of the free/reward items and the Brees Jersey, and it definitely takes more than a minute to load...

Message 8 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Psycle_Shift wrote:

Uh yeah add this to the never ending list of problems, if you wanna call it one, its a still a beta which is becomeing ridiculous itself, seems it will always be. i personaly cannot see myself turning on home and not seeing the lil beta on the screen any time soon.

HOME will always be beta that's the point behind it , It is a always changing environment .

Message 9 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Dec 6, 2009
If you delete home then reinstall it, it will go much faster then it previously did, but not by a lot.
Message 10 of 11 (4 Views)
0 Likes