Jun 13 2013
By: jj_dillon I Only Post Everything 1015 posts

How Home should have been...

9 replies 306 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Here is how I think home should have been since day 1...

Home should have been more like GTA ( without the killing and mature content of course ) to be able to walk or ride ( with or without friends like the bikes from Acorn Meadows )around from place to place without having to load a space every single time.

We should have been able to play music / movies from our XMB on Home.

We should have had the option to take any unwanted items in our inventory and either give them to friends or discard them.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. if you think of any more, post it here.

Message 1 of 10 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: How Home should have been...

Jun 13, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Home should have been more like GTA ( without the killing and mature content of course ) to be able to walk or ride ( with or without friends like the bikes from Acorn Meadows )around from place to place without having to load a space every single time.

We should have had the option to take any unwanted items in our inventory and either give them to friends or discard them.

Nope.

Nope!

nope...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 2 of 10 (300 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14571 posts

Jun 13, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Discarding unwanted items from your inventory would be impossible because you have already bought the virtual item under your account. Giving them away would totally defeat Home's purpose on buying items.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 3 of 10 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 13, 2013

29dvj4n.png

4vmp0y.png

4lok1k.png

Been there done that. jersquall visited his buddy Niko a few summers back.

You could just go play GTA because the level of game coding design to turn GTA into a social platform is a program developers nightmare.  

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 10 (279 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

29dvj4n.png

4vmp0y.png

4lok1k.png

Been there done that. jersquall visited his buddy Niko a few summers back.

You could just go play GTA because the level of game coding design to turn GTA into a social platform is a program developers nightmare.  

Sure, today it is but clearly you didn't fully read the OP. I clearly stated " How Home should have been SINCE DAY ONE " meaning when they first started working on it.

Message 5 of 10 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

I like playing the role of friendly neighborhood helicopter delivery guy in GTA 4 multiplayer.  There is nothing funnier than watching the reaction from another player when you turn over the keys to a shiny new attack chopper and then run away(especially when that player was getting clobbered).

Message 6 of 10 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 13, 2013

LOL @ Jersquall you didn't invite me to come :/ Jealous ....

Message 7 of 10 (234 Views)
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Yeah I always wondered what if Rockstar was in charge of developing Home. Would be an amazing place, probably rated M for mature though Smiley Wink

I think the amount of detail would suffer though; I always considered one of the draws in Home is 64 people at once in a single space. Every other PS3 game tops out at 16 or 24 players at most for one instance.

Message 8 of 10 (218 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 13, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:

Sure, today it is but clearly you didn't fully read the OP. I clearly stated " How Home should have been SINCE DAY ONE " meaning when they first started working on it.

I did. I read it right. I can see you think that for some reason I was disrespecting your thread but that was not my intention. Honest.

keep in mind jj_dillon that Home has been in development since early 2005 and started an open public beta test on December 11, 2008. Now I am sure you can agree that GTA4 being the closest to development when compared to Home  also came out n 2008 so we will use that as an example. It is a great game and I once thought like you, That it would of been a great ''City'' for Home. GTA IV producer Leslie Benzies believes that the game cost nearly $100 million to make and I don't think Sony at that time was willing to shell out those kind of clams on a social/game experiment.

As others have mentioned here and I have to agree with them. Home in that setting would have suffered. How many current games can handle 60 players in space or better yet why hasn't GTA allowed more than 20 people to online server play sessions?

Not to mention all the extra added features of would be Estates, Clothing, Items, Events( although Rob Central Plaza trolls of all their belonging I could go for..) And emotes and micro transactions and well.. You have a lot more than a game or a social platform.

But do you take that 100+ million risk in 2008 even if it's technically possible if you're Sony? Share holders would have freaked.

jj_dillon, Your idea although being a nice one that we all could wish to see maybe someday in the future is nothing more than that. A wish.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 10 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Jun 13, 2013

yaheard2008ep wrote:

LOL @ Jersquall you didn't invite me to come :/ Jealous ....

if he does then [Niko's] cosin would invite them to go bowling

Message 10 of 10 (149 Views)