3914 posts

Re: Horrible outfit decision ruined Home

Aug 18, 2009

tuesdayflower wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

tuesdayflower wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

djepic112 wrote:
Uh the US Army shirt seems to be the most popular item on Home at the moment...

If it's free it's popular.

I think he meant by the amount of people who are wearing it. Not the people who got it put in there inventory. 

I know what he meant, I'm saying people who don't pay for clothes will always wear the new free stuff.

Nope. Not always. Not everyone. haha.

I didn't say everyone, I said people who don't pay for clothes.

Message 21 of 57 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Aug 18, 2009

ADAMPwns wrote:

tuesdayflower wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

tuesdayflower wrote:

ADAMPwns wrote:

djepic112 wrote:
Uh the US Army shirt seems to be the most popular item on Home at the moment...

If it's free it's popular.

I think he meant by the amount of people who are wearing it. Not the people who got it put in there inventory. 

I know what he meant, I'm saying people who don't pay for clothes will always wear the new free stuff.

Nope. Not always. Not everyone. haha.

I didn't say everyone, I said people who don't pay for clothes.

nah I said not everyone cause you said people who don't pay for clothes will always wear the new free stuff. But I didn't pay for it and I'm not gonna wear it either just cause it was free. Although yeah if people only take advantage of the free content in home then there's a higher chance they'll use it.

Message 22 of 57 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Aug 18, 2009
I really don't feel like the army has any place in home, especially since na home is canada too, not just america. It's far too political and controversial. It'd be like politicians campaigning in home.
Message 23 of 57 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Aug 18, 2009
I think it is Sony problem because they bring it out with out thinking like they always do
Add cheek out my friends band
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/falsewitness
Youtube:youtube.com/user/FalseWitnessVideos

Photobucket
Message 24 of 57 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Aug 18, 2009
I'd like to see President Obama giving a speech about Health Care reform in Home.  There would be a crowd of avatars in dark suits, earpieces and sunglasses making sure nobody came too close and did the Running Man on the president.
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash 1992)
Message 25 of 57 (14 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Aug 18, 2009

WolfGang-KJ wrote:
I think it is Sony problem because they bring it out with out thinking like they always do

Sony has no hand in this. How can they be blamed for someone acting immaturely? Instead of point the finger at the big corporation, why not point the finger at the individual users that are acting up, since they are doing so on their own?

Edited to quote. 

Message Edited by Ryyan on 08-18-2009 12:41 PM
Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 57 (14 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Aug 18, 2009

The jerks and morans of the virtual world have to wear SOMEthing, just like any other person. This week they just happen to be wearing the US Army shirt because it's new and free. A couple weeks ago it was the Katamari/Ichigo shirts, and in 2 more weeks it'll be something else entirely. This t-shirt isn't going to single-handedly ruin Home. The people that you're complaining about will still be the same when they change their shirt. IF they're doing something truly offensive, report them.

Military and video games are NOT a new concept. For years now, studios have made war games for entertainment value. For at least a decade, the US military has used video game-like simulations as a recruitment tool and even to train in some situations. G4's commercial breaks are full of military propaganda. The same thing has been going on with movies even longer. War movies have been around as long as any other genre, WW2 news reels were shown in theatres before the feature films, and I'll bet you $5 that there's a military ad before every screening of G.I. Joe. We may not like it, but it's not a new concept, just a new medium, and really not that big of a deal.

Also, I won't presume anything since I don't know you, but if you have any pre-existing dislike of the US Army, the military in general or the US in general, please try to keep in mind that the PEOPLE under the t-shirts are not all violent meatheads. Some people probably wear it because it's new and free, others might wear it because they have actually served in the armed forces, and others might wear because they have loved ones that are deployed. If you EXPECT to find jerks in a certain group, then of course you will find jerks in that group. Like I said, I don't know you and won't presume, but if any of that rings true to you, keep an open mind next time.

(For the record, I was disappointed in the t-shirt for not being an "inventory" item and haven't worn it once, and I have mixed feelings about the military that I won't go into detail about, but I'm not particularly biased in any one way. I just think your assesment of it "ruining Home" is a bit overdramatic.)

Message 27 of 57 (14 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Aug 18, 2009

exactly. besides, sony can't control everyone, let alone the people who "misuse" the item. its like you being given a gun. its your choice on how you plan to use it. shoot up a place, or just leave it and let it gather dust. 

not to mention you can't always predict peoples reaction to things. the new "Army Strong" shirt might inspire patriotism and bring more awareness to the public that even tho the American army is strong, it is still composed of human beings.   on the other hand, it might offend others or make others see this as a joke.  like stephie said, people can just be wearing it cuz they support the troops. or just wearing it cuz its new.  either way, you can't blame sony for unexpected reactions of several individuals.

yes, i agree that "ruining HOME" is kinda exaggerating the entire situation. its not like ONE t-shirt is gonna make everyone ramble like idiots and eventually tear down everything that HOME is based on: 

War transforms us. Into beasts.
Message 28 of 57 (14 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1254 posts

Aug 18, 2009

There will always be people online to ruin it it for others, no matter the game, site, or application.

In this case, they were promoting hate which can be very offensive to others.

Just the other day I had someone harass me because of my Asian ethnicity.

So what I'm trying to say is, there are people out there who are going to try to bring others down. Its just easier for them to do it behind a screen/computer.

I'm sure Sony knew something like this would happen before hand, but they also knew most of the community are level-headed and know the word respect.

You shouldn't be blaming Sony, but blame the users who abuse others.

Message 29 of 57 (14 Views)
VP of Gaming
28401 posts

Aug 18, 2009

Marshhawk wrote:
Shirts don't harass people.  People harass people.

BINGO!
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 30 of 57 (14 Views)
0 Likes