Oct 26 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Hong Kong Phooey

28 replies 373 views Edited Oct 26, 2013

The other night I decided to find out what Hong Kong Home is like so I boarded my private jet and went there.  Its pretty much the same but with less than what we have.  But to my amazement there is absolutely no one there.  How can this be?  Ive been there a few times now and have seen maybe 10 people but mostly none.  Is it the servers I get on?   Also I am curious to how many Home regions there are?  By the way my name there is      chungking67  and brought this avatar to my club for rewards.

Message 1 of 29 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Hong Kong Phooey

Oct 26, 2013
I like Donkey Kong too. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 29 (366 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

The other night I decided to find out what Hong Kong Home is like so I boarded my private jet and went there.  Its pretty much the same but with less than what we have.  But to my amazement there is absolutely no one there.  How can this be?  Ive been there a few times now and have seen maybe 10 people but mostly none.  Is it the servers I get on?   Also I am curious to how many Home regions there are?  By the way my name there is      chungking67  and brought this avatar to my club for rewards.

There's four Home regions. There's NA, EU, Japan, and Asia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 29 (354 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

There are 4 regions of Home; NA, EU, JP, Asia. Asia always had the less users of the 4 regions. The previous ogre event only had less than 300 people ranked compared to 5000+ for each regions. I haven't checked the Kikai event that's going on right now in Asia, but I'm assuming it doesn't have more than 500 ranked. (FYI, NA had 12000, EU 8000, JP 9000)

And with the recent announcement that JP and Asia will have no more updates, I believe alot of users are leaving Home in those regions.

Message 4 of 29 (349 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

There are 4 regions of Home; NA, EU, JP, Asia. Asia always had the less users of the 4 regions. The previous ogre event only had less than 300 people ranked compared to 5000+ for each regions. I haven't checked the Kikai event that's going on right now in Asia, but I'm assuming it doesn't have more than 500 ranked. (FYI, NA had 12000, EU 8000, JP 9000)

And with the recent announcement that JP and Asia will have no more updates, I believe alot of users are leaving Home in those regions.

Just went to check the rankings there, and it's at 258. The event still last till next maintenance, but I doubt that number will increase that much.

Message 5 of 29 (323 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Oct 26, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Just went to check the rankings there, and it's at 258. There's still more time for the event, but I doubt that number will increase that much.

Doesn't the event there end when next week's update starts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 29 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Just went to check the rankings there, and it's at 258. There's still more time for the event, but I doubt that number will increase that much.

Doesn't the event there end when next week's update starts?

Yeah, that's about 4+ more days. Rankings might reach 260 by then. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 29 (311 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5826 posts

Oct 26, 2013

I've been going there on and off since 2009.  It's pretty much always has been a low volume region.  I'm not big on crowds so it was a perfect fit at least for me anyways.

I guess you can call it the country of Home regions lol.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 8 of 29 (272 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Oct 26, 2013

I never made an account at HK myself, I considered it during the" Money god" event, but one of my friends said don't bother. I have a UK account, in addition to this one. I am using my daughter's Bf's address for it. I also have a Japan account that a friend made for me and gave me as a surprise. Each area of home has good things about it, I think.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 9 of 29 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 26, 2013
HK years ago when before the Hub in NA came, had its own rewards and events seperate from the other 3 regions. I have some pretty rare things in HK that never made it elsewhere like my Snowman flashing Spelunker hat that I wear every visit.

Around the time that Home underwent its transformation in the Hub era, HK started to become more like EUs little brother with a spattering of JP content and items thrown in.
I believe somewhere along the lines JP management stepped in to control the region as well. HK has some oldschool stuff I wish NA got or have removed. Stuff like old hairstyles, clothes spaces etc.
HK has the black Echochrome outfit we never got.
They still have an Irem space to visit.
They have stuff like RE5 still (or did at least last I checked).

The thing about HK being dead has been discussed here in detail but years ago by people more knowledgable than I. I believe it is actually a law prohibiting Chinese citizens from taking part in online pay to play enviroments like Home or something really odd so its almost nearly almost a dead zone. Most of the people you will encounter there are travellers like you from around the world but most are not Chinese.

The strange part is it is run almost amazingly issue free where most games work when NA's version ususally will fail. They tend to upload content the way that is intended by devs whereas in NA we have lots of mix ups, forgetfullness, 'pushed back' content etc.

And theyve been giving heads up with bugs and errors and game issues in their MOTD for a long time now which is something NA only sometimes flirts with.

I really love HK Home and it only has a few months into 2014 until they stop content updates.

Its not too different from other Homes on the outside if you were to visit now, but at its heart is a different Home region that at least at one time, was quite individual. :/
It makes me a little nostalgic actually thinking of its progression over the years and its now revealed fate. I hope NA would get a heads up at least like they are when and if our time were to come when updates stop.
Support Forums
Message 10 of 29 (216 Views)