Sep 27 2009
By: Cartin91 Hekseville Citizen 376 posts

Home, with MUCH potential yet to be exploited

3 replies 3 views Edited Sep 27, 2009

I was hanging out with my cousin the other day. We were at the computer and he wanted to show me Club Penguin (find more about it at clubpenguin.com). It is a masive multiplayer game for kids. It is part of Disney. It is rather similar to Home. However Club Penguin seems so much alive in many ways. For instance,

• Club Penguin has a newpaper that is delivered every Thrusday and features News, Jokes, Tips, Events Schedule, and a Question and Answers section. Kids everywhere read news such as "The sky has turned red, what does that mean?". This makes the experience more enjoyable as every week is different. The event give the players a reason to keep logging in.
  • Once a month, Disney hostes a party. In December it is a Christmas party. In october it is a Halloween party. These parties have scavengers hunts, mini games, fairs (where the players get free stuff with the tickets from the minigames) and much more! 
  • Player are really someone in the game. They have the option to pursuit becoming a ninja by mastering the playing cards mini game. They can join an agency and become secret agents where every once in a while they can play through a mission which is really a great puzzle (something like Xi but far less complex and more enjoyable).
  • Pets, players can buy pets or as they call it puffles. They feed them, play with them and even take them for a walk.

PlayStation Home can incorporate many of these aspect for the game. A simple newpaper delivered once a week is not impossible. Theme parties once a month can happen. And side missions will have the players coming back for more. The pets be an integration from an upcoming game EyePet.  

Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Home, with MUCH potential yet to be exploited

Sep 27, 2009

clubpenguin.com- Cost $57.95 a year for that game.. No wonder you get a newspaper.

Home is not a game of course but some of what you saw at Disneys club penguin would be cool to have.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Sep 27, 2009

Jersquall wrote:

clubpenguin.com- Cost $57.95 a year for that game.. No wonder you get a newspaper.

Home is not a game of course but some of what you saw at Disneys club penguin would be cool to have.

You have to pay if you want.
You pay so you can buy cloth with CP coins, and home its free but for buying cloth you have to pay with real cash, so I think you pay the same or more in PlayStation Home.
From December 2008 to September 27 I pay $100.00 for Home cloth and furniture.

Click to Donate
Thanks
Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Sep 27, 2009

TRIFIVE5000 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

You have to pay if you want.
You pay so you can buy cloth with CP coins, and home its free but for buying cloth you have to pay with real cash, so I think you pay the same or more in PlayStation Home.
From December 2008 to September 27 I pay $100.00 for Home cloth and furniture.
that's right!! 

Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes