Wastelander
883 posts

Re: Home will start a new era

May 26, 2007
nice reply Brain. i guess that answers my question about If seX-Box has Halo as its Leader and Nintendo has everyones favourite pasta loving italian:Mario, then what does Sony have? they never went overboard with any of their charecters...we all thought Crash Bandicoot was the PS sorta icon but hes really not. Even Dreamcast had an Icon and that was the person From Sega Nights. but do you think Sony should make a rival to halo/mario? not to use house as the example but maybe Killzone or MGS...im just using those as examples because MGS is for the Gamecube as well. and killzone was a decent game. anyways i dont think they should because then they would just fall into the other stupidity. i personally dont like Halo...but between that and Gears of War...xbox had a supreme launch! not to mention Oblivion Came out for Xbox 360 before the Ps3. it would however be interesting if sony dug a prize winner up to rival those X-box  Fanatics...
Message 21 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

May 28, 2007

jmr201 wrote:
Proper grammar would be nice. Don't write 'funner' that is not a word. Write 'more fun'. Thanks. You just sound stupid when you type that.

HAHAHAHA  man.. whew.... I'm so thankful there's people out there to educate those who are less-educated. I was at a complete loss when I read up to 'funner'. I looked it up in the dictionary and couldn't find a listing for it. 

Guys..  Funner means More Fun
~Ninja
Message 22 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 28, 2007
home will offer some tangents of amusement and its networking functions might occasionally exceed that of a 90s AOL chat room, but

cavelry wrote:
home will change online gaming drastically, i think they will win the console war when they release this download

can someone explain to me how people come to this kind of conclusion after seeing a video of a ken doll walk around and do crap anyone can do in a computer or in real life?
Message 23 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

May 28, 2007

cavelry wrote:
home will change online gaming drastically, i think they will win the console war when they release this download

It will only change the way they are sold to you.
Message 24 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

May 28, 2007

cavelry wrote:

It will only change the way they are sold to you.
Message 25 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

May 29, 2007
way to double post kthx?
Message 26 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12303 posts

May 29, 2007
It'll definitely beat anything they have over on Xbox Live, I'm sure they dont have an interactive world for the Xbox owners to walk around in.
» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Message 27 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 29, 2007
Ok so I am new to the boards but has anyone thought about the effects this new home will have on the ragging computer obsessed youth of today?  Listen I love my PS3 but I worry that things like this "HOME" is just another excuse for the youth of today to avoid dealing with people in the real world. Lets face it social skills can't be learned from playing games. What ever happened to kids getting on there bikes and riding to a local pond and doing some fishing? I did it all the time as a kid but I talk to the under 16 crowd about stuff like that and they look at me like I have lost my mind!!!   I am looking forward to "home" as much as the next gamer but if you are reading this and think that I am some crazy old dude then you are probably the youth I am worried about.  Go fishing some times. Go camping and hiking through the woods. And when its raining, log on to F.E.A.R and let me whip you.
Message 28 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

May 29, 2007
I think its too early to state whether it will start a new "era" in games.
Message 29 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

May 29, 2007
sorry to rain ur parade dude but ppl will type like i am right now, with letters as abreviations, ppl dont want to waste ther time typing all neatly so u can be happy theyll shorten it out espicially is they dont have a keybord.
PSN ID: CptQuatro add me if you are short on friends

If you have beaten AC MUST read this very cool http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552
Message 30 of 54 (0 Views)
0 Likes