First Son
10 posts

Re: Home vs. The Sims

Mar 31, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:
The SIMS Online = online repetitive game play

Home = online 3D virtual social networking environment

It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruits (online environments)  but two totally different animals.

To some degree, your assumptions are correct. Both have a baseline similarity which is the social aspect, however Home isn't centered around performing some repetitive task in the attempt to gain as much similoeans as possible. In other words, the main objective of Home is not to obtain a specific goal but rather share, collaborate, socialize about playstation games.

So Home could potentially become a dating service for gamers.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 03-30-2007 02:41 PM

So there both fruits.. Yet they are animals as well.. You lost me
Message 11 of 14 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Mar 31, 2007

ps2groovy wrote:
I watched the trailer from the store and I know for sure people are going to be having pron going in the their virtual homes.

No problem with that. The rooms are invitation-only, it's not like they'll put pron on the main screen in the main lobby
Two years he walks the earth.
No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.
Message 12 of 14 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 31, 2007

Bobert wrote:
Shouldnt this be blocked?

Home isnt a game!!! Its a onlnie social community. I dont know how many times ive said that on this fourm!!

No it shouldn't be locked, as there is no bases for it, maybe the title needs changing but that would be it. As for your statement about Home not being a game, that is your view not everyone elses, just because its an online community doesn't not make Home a game, it can virtually be a game, depending on how its used and its user. Perhaps you ought to take a look at my thoughts in this thread, Click here,  as you will see it basically up to the user, and cannot be said with all certainty that Home is not a game.
Message 13 of 14 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2089 posts

Mar 31, 2007

wolfwood603 wrote:
Home>The SimsSmiley Wink

Yes i agree 100%.  its gonna be way better
Message 14 of 14 (15 Views)
0 Likes