Mar 30 2007
By: Sheon Splicer 88 posts

Home vs. The Sims

13 replies 8 views Edited Mar 30, 2007
It's difficult to know right now, but home almost sounds like an interactive version of The Sims. Interactive to the point where you could conceivably use it like a chat line, a dating service, an online group, or a gamer meeting place. Am I getting the concept?

PS3 60 GB HDMI'd to Samsung 61“ 1080p DLP
Wireless DSL connection
PS Eye, 3 Sixaxis controllers, 1 Linsys Cooling controller (crap)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Madden 08 (crap), NBA 2K8, Warhawk, ,
Ratchet & Clank: Future, Fight Night Round 3 CoD4
Message 1 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Re: Home vs. The Sims

Mar 30, 2007

Sheon wrote:
It's difficult to know right now, but home almost sounds like an interactive version of The Sims. Interactive to the point where you could conceivably use it like a chat line, a dating service, an online group, or a gamer meeting place. Am I getting the concept?

No I think thats the general error, everyone wants to compare it with the Sims or Second Life, it is built on the same foundation, I give it that, but thats it everything else is unique and different. Therefore it shouldn't be compared to the others and be in a "shadow" of the two, because it is in fact different, and has things that Sims and SL never had, and maybe never even thought about, but this is not fact just an opinion of mine.
Message 2 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Home>The SimsSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 30, 2007
the sims is will be cheaper over time coz home will make you pay for stuff u cant stop urself buying xD

but sims is so boring but home will be awsome from looking @ the trailer

Message Edited by Rickerys on 03-30-2007 10:37 AM

add me for the 29th >Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Mar 30, 2007
home for now cause it seems better then sims plus sims gets so boring and repetitive
Message 5 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Mar 30, 2007
The SIMS Online = online repetitive game play

Home = online 3D virtual social networking environment

It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruits (online environments)  but two totally different animals.

To some degree, your assumptions are correct. Both have a baseline similarity which is the social aspect, however Home isn't centered around performing some repetitive task in the attempt to gain as much similoeans as possible. In other words, the main objective of Home is not to obtain a specific goal but rather share, collaborate, socialize about playstation games.

So Home could potentially become a dating service for gamers.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 03-30-2007 02:41 PM
Message 6 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Mar 30, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:
The SIMS Online = online repetitive game play

Home = online 3D virtual social networking environment

It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruits (online environments)  but two totally different animals.

To some degree, your assumptions are correct. Both have a baseline similarity which is the social aspect, however Home isn't centered around performing some repetitive task in the attempt to gain as much similoeans as possible. In other words, the main objective of Home is not to obtain a specific goal but rather share, collaborate, socialize about playstation games.

So Home could potentially become a dating service for gamers.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 03-30-2007 02:41 PM

lol
Message 7 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Mar 31, 2007
I watched the trailer from the store and I know for sure people are going to be having pron going in the their virtual homes. 
Message 8 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Mar 31, 2007
If anything I would compare Home to a MMO rather than the Sims, at least the community aspect of MMO's. 
Message 9 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 31, 2007
Shouldnt this be blocked?

Home isnt a game!!! Its a onlnie social community. I dont know how many times ive said that on this fourm!!
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 10 of 14 (8 Views)
0 Likes