Nov 05 2007
By: myngos211~ I Only Post Everything 1026 posts

Home updates

9 replies 1 views Edited Nov 5, 2007
So when this Home gets released and is up and running, are there going to be lengthy, almost daily software updates?  You know, everytime they release some new couch or something?

I've got a crappy ISP, so I'm wondering if this is even worth downloading when it comes out.  It literally takes 2-4 hours to just download any PS3 updates. 

Message 1 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2947 posts

Re: Home updates

Nov 5, 2007
haha... a new couch.

That's a good question, though... I really hope Home updates frequently, and I doubt it'd been anything BIG in number or lengthy in time. My guess is that it would update itself, hopefully there's a bulliten about new updates or things on Home by using that in-game PSP.

Sry about your IP, too...  
---
it all began with... birth by sleep

Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Nov 5, 2007

ARog34 wrote:
haha... a new couch.

That's a good question, though... I really hope Home updates frequently, and I doubt it'd been anything BIG in number or lengthy in time. My guess is that it would update itself, hopefully there's a bulliten about new updates or things on Home by using that in-game PSP.

Sry about your IP, too...  

Yeah, I moved to the country and forced to go wireless through a mom and pop provider.  Sometimes its okay enough to play a little Socom online but I bet I lag horribly.  Anyways, now I'm thinking that addons, and changes other than the game engine will not require huge updates, hopefully they structured the program to accomadate quick updates for small changes...
Message 3 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Nov 5, 2007
Eh... I wouldn't be worried about download times, I'm running Charter 5 Meg internet and it still takes me the better part of two hours to update.

If you were smart enough to read this sentence forward, put it in your sig.
Message 4 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1941 posts

Nov 5, 2007
I wouldn't worry about small updates.  Things like couches are relatively small compared to the full application.  Even on a 56k I wouldn't expect addons to take a large time to DL.  I also don't expect there to be a steady stream of small articles added, its much more efficient to release a lot of content at once in a small patch.
Message 5 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Nov 5, 2007
Probley be updates once a month but thats just a guess.
HomeStationMagazine
Message 6 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

Nov 6, 2007
second life has updates or maintance every tuesday i believe usually about 6-8 hours... of downtime..

it will probably follow some structure like that.. only thing is now sl updates are optional every since liberation day

you can never see everything where storms are for always.

Message 7 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Nov 6, 2007

Mythica wrote:
second life has updates or maintance every tuesday i believe usually about 6-8 hours... of downtime..

it will probably follow some structure like that.. only thing is now sl updates are optional every since liberation day

Second Life beta did not have updates as frequent as it does today. We can expect Home not to update on a daily or weekly basis.

Home will be updated in builds not per item(s). Noone knows for sure but it will most likely be a monthly or quarterly update.
Message 8 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1471 posts

Nov 6, 2007
probably at th begining of every month or something

Message 9 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts