Sackboy
282 posts

Re: Home’s Top Avatar - Fantasy Week

May 20, 2010

I don't know why but for some reason I can't post pictures or kudo other posts anymore. Please check out this link for my Warrior Princess submission. Sorry if it takes up your time to click on it, but I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4623121742_c5b5c63868_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4622516979_041229743d_o.jpg

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 131 of 292 (27 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

May 20, 2010

loqqout wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

ZososoZ wrote:

tdarb wrote:

Good entries guys. Some of these actually made me laugh, and a few of them just sort of blew me away. I'm almost scared to try now.

I really like the Kurt Cobain one. Too bad it didn't fit the theme

In a way, it does since No ONE could ever hope to be Kurt Cobain, EVER! Therefore, it's a Fantasy

I know you are kidding with the wink, and as much as I like the spirit of this contest, I do wish they were more specific in terms of what "Fantasy" means.  I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Fantasy means it's unique, imaginative, never seen before.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing all the impersonations, but frankly, then that should be the theme.  As it is right now, there doesn't seem to be a theme, and that absolutely anything goes.. which if they said that, instead of Fantasy Theme, maybe that would have prevented some of the criticism, and the suggestion that maybe this wasn't as well thought out as it could have been.

Personally, I'm hoping the folks in charge consider this first effort as a learning experience, and that future similar avatar contests will be a little more specific in terms of what kind of avatars can be submitted, and perhaps, as has been suggested, a submission/voting system that would be less biased, like anonymous submissions... although I can also understand how that may not even be possible, or reasonable to do, and that sometimes the best way is the most simplistic way, and like now, just have people post their submissions and count the kudos - flawed as it is, it may very well be the most reasonable option.

After all, if it ends up being too complicated, takes too much effort, and you know there will still be some people finding some reason to complain about it, I bet you we wont see any more of these types of official contests any longer.

I can't speak for others,,, but I rushed my entries in without thinking things through,,, I would have tried harder to stick to the theme which was Fantasy,,, but I think the next contest will be better because everyone won't feel rushed to get in on that first page and can take a day or two to make their avatars exactly the way they want them in accordance with the contest guidelines...

Yes, me too. Also Thursday gives us a few more options in terms of virtual clothing to use, if you haven't already submitted your avatar.

Yeah I agree the "fantasy" theme is kinda vague to say the least. However, I would say dont worry too much about the specifics because your going to get votes as long as people like your design, whether it fits the criteria or not. Its not like the person who thought of the rules is the only one that will judge you. When I saw fantasy I thought of knights and wizards and whatnot, but as it turns out Beavis was one of the most popular, basically you just have to make a cool design and please the crowd.

Message 132 of 292 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

May 20, 2010
Message 133 of 292 (27 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 20, 2010

The ancient legend of the Minotaur can be seen in video games throught the genres..

Horsies to >.>

HomeStationMagazine
Message 134 of 292 (27 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

May 20, 2010

I'm speechless about these kind of threads =/

I exercise my right to Freedom of Speech, whether you like it or not.
Message 135 of 292 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 20, 2010

Heres mine.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz284/Fiend009/Playstation%20Home/PlayStationHomePicture5-20-20101-1.jpg>

Message 136 of 292 (27 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 20, 2010

Fiend009 wrote:

Heres mine.

this is his entry. kudo above.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 137 of 292 (27 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 20, 2010

Boy Mr. J... you're fast! Ha!

Message 138 of 292 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 20, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Boy Mr. J... you're fast! Ha!

Thanks Mrs. J (No relation)

I wanted to get something up just for fun. way to much talent up there for me so i'm just enjoying the thread.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 139 of 292 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 20, 2010

Well I was referring to your helping the user get his pic up! You beat me too it. LoL And your stuff looks cool!

Message 140 of 292 (27 Views)
0 Likes