Wastelander
516 posts

Re: Home’s Top Avatar - Fantasy Week

May 18, 2010

Ok... Just to clarify for me, why is everybody posting pics of avatars that have no items mentioned on the poster list? o_O

Message 51 of 292 (25 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

May 18, 2010

I was going to post a picture but then I read the rules to see if I could even enter and I realized I couldn't! How stupid of me to consider myself a part of the community! Two American only contests in one week that don't have any real prize so there's no reason Canadians can't enter, the home team has really outdone themselves this time!!!!!!!!!

milo128smith Trophy Card
Message 52 of 292 (25 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 18, 2010

SPADERZ216 wrote:

Ok... Just to clarify for me, why is everybody posting pics of avatars that have no items mentioned on the poster list? o_O

Perhaps because there is no mention of any restrictions on what items you can use in the list of rules posted at the top of this thread?

Maybe the poster is just offering suggestions?  Does anyone have a picture of the poster they would care to share?

I think   said quite clearly that you can use anything in your item inventory, as long as it follows the theme for the week, fantasy-themed avatar.

The question you might want to ask, are celebrity look-a-like avatars really considered fantasy themed?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Donut Drake, Bevis, and Nancy Drew avatars - and even gave them all kudos for their great effort... but I wouldn't call any of them fantasy like characters.

That said, maybe a different week we could do celebrity look-alike avatars, that would be fun.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 53 of 292 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 18, 2010

I fantasize about Donut Drake. What are you talking about?

Message 54 of 292 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

May 18, 2010

I also think the judging system here is a little flawed...

I mean, any person posting their submissions somewhere in the middle of the pages will probably be skimmed by viewers who are either checking mostly on the first few pages or the last pages.

Instead of a kudo system, why not the judge just collect all acceptable submissions, post them on the first page and allow a voting system with posters just naming who they want to vote?

Message 55 of 292 (25 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

May 18, 2010

PSN: T4CFantasy

Male Contest Entry 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T4C Fantasy Website: http://74.97.44.63:2698/
Message 56 of 292 (25 Views)
Survivor
1115 posts

May 18, 2010

Wow Hibana! Love that fan pic!

Message 57 of 292 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 18, 2010

SPADERZ216 wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

SPADERZ216 wrote:

Perhaps because there is no mention of any restrictions on what items you can use in the list of rules posted at the top of this thread?

Maybe the poster is just offering suggestions?  Does anyone have a picture of the poster they would care to share?

I think   said quite clearly that you can use anything in your item inventory, as long as it follows the theme for the week, fantasy-themed avatar.

The question you might want to ask, are celebrity look-a-like avatars really considered fantasy themed?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Donut Drake, Bevis, and Nancy Drew avatars - and even gave them all kudos for their great effort... but I wouldn't call any of them fantasy like characters.

That said, maybe a different week we could do celebrity look-alike avatars, that would be fun.

Hmm.. Perhaps u didnt read the message of the day yesterday? It clearly said the items to USE as part of this fantasy theme avatar are listed on a poster at the mall. I dont recall it saying it was 'only' a suggestion. He also never said you can use 'anything' in your inventory. he said "You don't have to purchase anything. You can use existing items in your inventory as long as they fit the week's theme." Assuming you already have said items in your inventory, not just anything.

These are all fictional characters,,, you're not going to see any of them on a red carpet persay,,,  but I understand what you are saying,, plus its not like we girls have a lot of costumes to work with,,,

Message 58 of 292 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

May 18, 2010

Wow... I got Kudo'd by Glass. (Notice that not everyone did.)

I may be losing to Joanna's Donut Drake as of this post (my male submission, a half turkey angelic  viking boxer.... wearing giftwrapped boxes for shoes... last post of the first page), but hey, kudos from a manager actually says alot, I think.

(He also kudo'd my Sodium Cheerleader, 2nd on 2nd page... but shes behind, XD)

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 59 of 292 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5846 posts

May 18, 2010

Here I am, Home's 2nd favorite firefighter, next to Tricky_USMC lol

visit our webpage @ http://enchelada.pshomegazette.com/

friend me on fb @ http://facebook.com/TheWholeEnchelada

follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/WholeEnchelada

whatch the show on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/user/cheladapsn?feature=mhee

Dont eat the hot dogs, dont eat the subs EAT THE WHOLE EN-CHELADA!

Message 60 of 292 (25 Views)