Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Home’s Top Avatar - Beach Week

May 25, 2010

JUMP....hehe

Go Saints!!  Where is everybody?

Beautiful sunset, me and my girlfriend enjoying the scenery..

Now I'm going for a dive, hehe

Message 61 of 257 (12 Views)
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

May 25, 2010

Sharks?!! Oh no! Smiley Surprised

Everybody out of the water!!

Nevermind... false alarm. Smiley Tongue

PSN ID: Iady-cha0s-

Message 62 of 257 (12 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 25, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

wookingtons wrote:

homeboy79 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Magnus, Glasswalls, Cyd, Locust... this contest would be so much more fun and not feel so rushed if you announced the category a couple days before accepting submissions. It would sure give entrants a lot more time to plan and think out what they would like to do. The way it is right now you feel you have to rush to get your submission in early. It really isn't as much fun as it could be.

Just a thought for the next one. Perhaps announce it, sticky it, and lock it for a couple days while people get ready. Then open it up for submissions. I believe the quality of the submissions overall will be a lot more fun.

Joanna

I understand your point, and I personally don't like the feeling of being rushed or unprepared. However, I think what they might tell ya is that the contest goes on from the 24th-31st; thus, you have almost a  whole week to plan before submitting your pic.

But then again, waiting until the last minute may not secure you the amount of kudos needed to win. Maybe a days notice is not a bad idea, or perhaps the day of and not let anyone post until later that day,

I'm all up for making the exprerience more fun!

Maybe a weeks notice of the days when you can post the pics, for planning, and then a day or two submission time so everyone can enter and have the same amount of time for Kudos.  By the way, your creativity for your avatar rocked homeboy.

I'm just talking about the theme mostly! Perhaps they could just announce it a couple days before the end of the current contest. It would just help knowing in advance so you can plan.
I've been talking to a few friends friends and they feel the submission process is rushed as well. Either way, it's just a suggestion.

Well I thought it was a good suggestion, Joanna! I like wookingtons, too! Maybe a mixture of the two, with perhaps the addition of allowing a couple of days to kudo the favorited posts after locking the thread.

Oh, and thanks wookingtons! 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 63 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
776 posts

May 25, 2010

After consuming four of Mary Ann's Coconut pies, Gilligan takes a stroll down to the cove. When a boat appears..

Gilligan jumps into the boat...the boat  floats away to another island....

Gilliagan is amazed by this new island...he wanders ashore....             

one week later... after shedding his castaway clothes (which I might add remained in good condition after all those years), Gilligan discovered the ladies of the island!         psn: beantot male submission

original
Message 64 of 257 (12 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

May 25, 2010

Opened two days ago, already 8 pages long, with the same group of people doing very similar posts, with the same people giving them kudos over and over. It's not even worth trying at this point for most people. Anyway, I already know that my avatars are the BEST on Home. These "Top Avatar" series of contests is only a competition for 2nd best!

Message 65 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 25, 2010

Miadaskate wrote:

Opened two days ago, already 8 pages long, with the same group of people doing very similar posts, with the same people giving them kudos over and over. It's not even worth trying at this point for most people. Anyway, I already know that my avatars are the BEST on Home. These "Top Avatar" series of contests is only a competition for 2nd best!

LOL. Ooh can I have second best.

I wonder if the guys are having as much fun with this contest, there are hundreds of mix and match bikinis, and the closest thing we have to different option for guys are different color pallets for the boardshorts.

Perish_Song
Message 66 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

May 26, 2010

Rene_Led wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Donut Drake Goes To Muscle Beach : )  

LMAO! I like the Austin Powers!

YEA BABY YEA! Oh behave Smiley Tongue

Message 67 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2681 posts

May 26, 2010

I

can't

help

the

way

I

vote.

I

these

beach

submissions.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 68 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
552 posts

May 26, 2010

Canadian or not, I felt like entering something just for the sake of it. I don't know if there are any rules against Photoshopping, but since Canadians can't enter anyway, I went all out.

Some lady just ran right infront of me while I snapped this photo, and I think it turned out really nicely, so I chose this one.

Click here for the original un-edited version!

Message 69 of 257 (12 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 26, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

MissMajor wrote:

I am just a noob, but I wish to give kudos to LilBlueEyes, homeboy79, oldcatsrock, and Joanna_Dark_! I love your submissions! hahahaha Especially Donut Drake!!! Fantastical

Thank you MissMajor,,, And I am right there with you,,, I love me some Donut Drake to...

Yes, thank you MissMajor!

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 70 of 257 (12 Views)
0 Likes