May 24 2010
By: Magnus_Keynes Splicer 17 posts

Home’s Top Avatar - Beach Week

256 replies 207 views Edited May 24, 2010

I just LOVE the fact that the days are getting longer, the sun's out more, and the temperature is rising. Here in California, where it's almost perpetually summer, we've had a lotta beach days recently, but it's also getting warmer in the rest of the country. So, let's break out those board shorts, bikinis, and sunglasses, because this week's Home's Top Avatar competition theme is Beach Week!

For those of you new to this, here's how it works. Take a pic of your avatar wearing a creative "beachy" outfit using the camera in your Home client. Then post the pic as a reply to this thread so everyone else here can kudos it. The pic with the most props at the end of the week wins! The winning entry will be posted on the billboard over the Central Plaza to inspire the undying admiration of everyone else. So be creative and give us a (reasonably appropriate) beach-themed outfit that is fun for us all to check out and talk about!

As before, you don't have to buy anything to participate in the contest. You can use existing items in your inventory or new ones from the Mall so long as whatever you pick is beach-inspired.

I was very excited to see how many people participated in last week's Fantasy week. That thread alone had 290 replies and 888 Kudos. Great work all! Glad to see you're having fun with this. I'm looking forward to more and have started a friendly bet with the community team that we can get a thread going here that has more kudos than any on the Home forums ever. (Okay, maybe that's ambitious, but I like a friendly competition whenever I can get into one.)

Have fun!

Best,

Magnus

Message 1 of 257 (207 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Re: Home’s Top Avatar - Beach Week

May 24, 2010

OFFICIAL RULES

PlayStation®Home’s Top Avatar: Beach Week

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.  Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.  The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.  Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry.  To enter, you must have a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation®Network account, internet access, a valid e-mail address, and PlayStation®Home installed on your system.  

1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older.  Prize winners or prize winners’ parent or guardian (if the winner is under the age of 18) may be required to sign a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of prize notification.  By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.

2. SPONSOR:  Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).  

3. TIMING:  PlayStation Home’s Top Avatar: Beach Week (“Promotion”) begins May 24, 2010 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) PST and ends May 31, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. PST. (“Promotion Period”).

4. HOW TO ENTER: Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation Home application.  Dress your avatar according to the beach theme.  To enter, take a picture of your theme dressed avatar, go to the Forums, post your picture and your PSN ID on the designated “PS Home’s Top  Avatar” thread (“Entry” or “Entries”):

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/bd-p/ps3home

There will be two Entry categories: one for male avatars and one for female avatars.  Limit one Entry per category.

5. ENTRY CONDITIONS: All Entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. PST on May 31, 2010. The Entry that receives the most votes in each category at the end of the Promotion Period will be awarded the prize.  In the event of a tie, all tie-breakers will be awarded the prize.  Limit two Entries (one Entry per category) per registered PSN ID during the Promotion Period.  Subsequent Entries will be disqualified. 

6. PRIZES: There will be two prize winners—one male avatar and one female avatar.  Each winner’s Entry will be featured on a billboard in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza for one week following the Promotion Period.  Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable.  Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.  

7. JUDGING CRITERIA: Voting is open to all PlayStation Home users during the Promotion Period.  Using the kudos system, users may vote for their favorite Entries in each category by clicking on the blue star at the top right corner of the Entry.  Voters have the ability to vote for more than one Entry, but can only vote for each Entry ONCE.  All voters will use the following criteria and criteria weights in judging Entries:  (a) Beach Themed – 50%; (b) Creativity – 30%; (c) Originality – 20% (“Judging Criteria”).

8. WINNERS: The Entry that receives the most votes in each category will win the prize.  Sponsor will send a notification email to winner’s registered PSN email address on May 31, 2010.

9. GENERAL CONDITIONS:All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s verification.  Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.  Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.  Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit the ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence.  Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned.  Sponsor is not responsible for changes to contact information.  Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any participant who violates these Official Rules, tampers with the operation of the Promotion or engages in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other participant.

10.  RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, all participants agree to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.

11.  WINNER LIST: To obtain names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PS Home’s Top Avatar: Beach Week, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 4th Floor Foster City, CA 94404.  Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks.  Requests for winner list must be received by June 14, 2010.

12.  RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Message 2 of 257 (207 Views)
Wastelander
516 posts

May 24, 2010

cool! top avatar contest, who won the last one?

Message 3 of 257 (207 Views)
0 Likes
2875 posts

May 24, 2010

Patience SPADERZ-son. Winners will be announced in a day or two.

Now get out there and BEACH IT UP!

Message 4 of 257 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

May 24, 2010

Smiley Surprised I never did get around to making something for the last one but ill make sure to do this one Smiley Very Happy 

@Jim777PS
Message 5 of 257 (207 Views)
0 Likes
2875 posts

May 24, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Beach Week... I guess that elimates a male submission given I have no make beach items. Boo!

There's always the ship-wrecked look. IREM beach sometimes gives up the tattered shoes, top hat, rings and other random things... Get CREATIVE! You did very well last week.

Message 6 of 257 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

May 24, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Beach Week... I guess that elimates a male submission given I have no make beach items. Boo!

There's always the ship-wrecked look. IREM beach sometimes gives up the tattered shoes, top hat, rings and other random things... Get CREATIVE! You did very well last week.

That's true.. I suppose I could make a Donut Drake in a beach outfit... humm. LoL  He'll be the cuddle wuddly on the beach. Ha!

0_0 i call for immediate disqualification of any cuddely Drake..... thats just a crime against Uncharted and Naughty Dog Smiley Tongue

@Jim777PS
Message 7 of 257 (207 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 24, 2010

GlassWalls wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

That's true.. I suppose I could make a Donut Drake in a beach outfit... humm. LoL  He'll be the cuddly wuddly on the beach. Ha!

Message 8 of 257 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 25, 2010

Day at the beach

PSN ID: KarateChampChad

Here I am at Irem Seaside of Memories with my swimgear, my floaties and safety buoy, so I do not die

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 3-51-08 by you.

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 3-53-00 by you.

I take a swim, showing off my floaties. There is no kiddy pool here so here will do

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 3-53-43 by you.

Oh no! I have suddenly forgetten how to swim, Thankfully I wore my safety buoy today!

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 3-54-42 by you.

Oh darn, looks like I forgot suntan lotion today, oh well

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 4-14-22 by you.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 9 of 257 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

May 25, 2010

KarateChampChad wrote:

Day at the beach

PSN ID: KarateChampChad

Oh no! I have suddenly forgetten how to swim, Thankfully I wore my safety buoy today!

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-24-2010 3-54-42 by you.

Yeah but that thing is preventing you from reaching above the water for air!

Unless the water is cold for the dive reflex, you wont last long..."!" lol

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 257 (207 Views)