Highlighted
Oct 31 2009
By: MegaYoshi74 Lombax Warrior 164 posts

Home's Game Engine

22 replies 148 views Edited Oct 31, 2009

Its about the zombie rally if your already wondering, but I have points I would really like to point out, and I dont think ive ever complained about a instance in Home as of yet, but Im just pointing this out not only to higher ups, but to the people as well to those who complain and defend. Feel free if you wanna skip towards end but I appreciate it if you heard me out. I like this complaint to be my first and my last.

I could already predict, along with alot of other people, just by last night that there would be so much griping on the fourms and people defending it and etc etc.

We all know previous events, Hamsters vs Humans, celebrity contest, etc etc.

But what these events ending up being, was everyone heading to the central plaza to stand near listen @ home and to wait untill a mod came by to every server, or picked a server, or never showed up. That was the only thing that could happen.

"Its a community thing to communicate"

"But dont we communicate all the time? Shouldn't an event be special?"

What is Home exactly? Why do YOU people even use Home?

I use it because I treat it like a VIDEO GAME.

On my PLAYSTATION 3.

You know, the system you play GAMES on?

Though communication is fun on the side, I do not play Home for it.

Thats what MySpace, Facebook, Twitter and... Second Life are pretty much for. (Didnt buy my PS3 for Blu ray either)

My reason I like Home type games is I LOVE custimization, which Home offers plenty of. And plenty of fun rewards. Heck I consider Home a MMO game. But is it wrong to think that way?

Theres a reason 75% of people who own PS3s dont even use Home. (not including the 10% that dont even play video games)

So I guess Im just confused on Home's intensions.

But

Now about the Engine. The Engine of a Game for those who arent aware, is the core of which the game is built off of. An understandable example could be is when they add stuff such as clothing, and when clothing is designed its made into a file that shows the appearence of it on the part of the male or female avatar, then the engine slides it in and the game goes on from there so the developer doesnt have to make the combination of the just made with every clothing combination that can be made in the game. But thats just a tiny example to explain a game engine. It can be pretty complex.

But as I continue, I want to talk about Japan Home.

I know this is the US forums, but as of the other regions contracts with special stuff they have that other regions could not get, is not what im talking about. (Like UK having the Paramount movie clothing)

So hear me out.

Im talking about these certain events that have happenned in Japan's Home. But mainly one.

There have been events where in the back of the Japan central plaza, a stage like thing appears.

The example im going to use is the Hatsune Miku event, so heres a youtube vid of it if, just if you have no clue what it is or was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYLwoOfTo8&feature=related

In a nut shell, it was a stage that appeared in the back of the plaza that had a countdown timer, which represented the time the event would start and when you should attend its presence.

Hatsune Miku is an avatar of the Company Vocaloid that Japan was promoting in home. (Its a product)

Basically the event was you went to the stage before the countdown ended. When it did, you actually lost control of your character and a cutscene occured where the stage turned around and showed an animated model of Hatsune Miku. After the cutscene you got to dance and watch as the animated Hatsune Miku danced and sang for about 2 minutes. After that, it was over and another cutscene would occur and the stage returned to normal. Then you got a special prize.

The prize occurence was like when you went into a special event in the theatre and got an item for watching the entire thing. (unless it gave it to you right way, you didn't even have to watch it)

But no I am not saying "why dont we have Hatsune Miku?", im saying that this occurence, this EVENT, could happen in our US Home, but even though the Homes have different deals, promotions, events, within the different regions on what they can represent, its still Home, and it all has the SAME ENGINE.

Something like this could have have last night. And couldve happened all weekend then go away to represent its limited time essance.

But thats really all I had to say, but I'll just throw in some more complaints that are related.

As in update the servers to hold more people or to have more servers in the same space. The amount of lag I recieved last night made my system freeze about 5 times, and I dont think constant resetting is good for my system.

And to not make games where you have to wait. You did a great job with Uncharted 2, but you can still see people to this day still in Siren, and I dont even have my Aclove back yet.

Im not calling any mods or people out, but to only say what I had on my mind. This took me awhile to type so it might or mightve not have came out as complete as I intended.

Message 1 of 23 (148 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Re: Home's Game Engine

Oct 31, 2009

To throw out; You'll receive a number of response's - Mostly harsh, contradictory - Kudos will be thrown around like a weapon, and this will go on for at least a hundred pages

But you generally have a number of good points

Message 2 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Oct 31, 2009

Since I really don't want to read through all that jumbled mess...

Is this just another rant about how somebody thinks Home events should be run then a rant about how PS3 is a "gaming system"?

Message 3 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 31, 2009

MegaYoshi74 wrote:

**snip**

So hear me out.

Im talking about these certain events that have happenned in Japan's Home. But mainly one.

There have been events where in the back of the Japan central plaza, a stage like thing appears.

The example im going to use is the Hatsune Miku event, so heres a youtube vid of it if, just if you have no clue what it is or was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYLwoOfTo8&feature=related

In a nut shell, it was a stage that appeared in the back of the plaza that had a countdown timer, which represented the time the event would start and when you should attend its presence.

Hatsune Miku is an avatar of the Company Vocaloid that Japan was promoting in home. (Its a product)

Basically the event was you went to the stage before the countdown ended. When it did, you actually lost control of your character and a cutscene occured where the stage turned around and showed an animated model of Hatsune Miku. After the cutscene you got to dance and watch as the animated Hatsune Miku danced and sang for about 2 minutes. After that, it was over and another cutscene would occur and the stage returned to normal. Then you got a special prize.

The prize occurence was like when you went into a special event in the theatre and got an item for watching the entire thing. (unless it gave it to you right way, you didn't even have to watch it)

But no I am not saying "why dont we have Hatsune Miku?", im saying that this occurence, this EVENT, could happen in our US Home, but even though the Homes have different deals, promotions, events, within the different regions on what they can represent, its still Home, and it all has the SAME ENGINE.

**snip** 

Events like this would be awesome. The US Home Team should take cues from what is successful overseas. I'm all for a suggestion like this one.

Message 4 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Oct 31, 2009

eastavenge wrote:

To throw out; You'll receive a number of response's - Mostly harsh, contradictory - Kudos will be thrown around like a weapon, and this will go on for at least a hundred pages

But you generally have a number of good points

Unfortately im aware, I knew my post would most likely be mis understood, but I made it mostly for myself and for the fact of letting myself be heard.
Message 5 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3033 posts

Oct 31, 2009
I'm not on home way too much, but if there were more events and stuff like this (localized of course) I would use Home more than I am right now. Good postSmiley Happy.

Fix your DS3/SixAxis-Boomer since 2,736

Message 6 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 1, 2009
I definitely agree Yoshi (not just because we're buds on home either), I attended the Hatsune Miku event and had a great time both particpating in the event and meeting people from all over. Home is essentially a myspace, facebook, twitter, etc... It's more or less a social networking game designed for fellow gamers to meet and get to know one another. Unfortunately most people use it to spread their ignorance or perversion, it's sad when people are reduced to hiding behind an avatar to make themselves out to be more than what they are. Sorry for going off on a tangent but, I for one whole-heartedly agree that home needs to benefit from some well thought out changes. I think the show up and hand out at listen@home thing is going to be happening more frequently due to the large spike in PS3 sales. I thought the days of explaining where my Reaper (inFAMOUS NOT Grim) were finally over... 
Message 7 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1932 posts

Nov 1, 2009

Kudos! Unfortunately the managers are epic fail, who couldn't manage themselves out of a paper bag. They probably won't listen, but I commend your effort. Yes home's engine should be utilized to it's fullest potential, and due to the fact that the event timer worked flawlessly at the miku event, there is absolutely no excuse for it to not be implemented towards any future "event" in all regions.

Message 8 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
916 posts

Nov 1, 2009
That event timer is a great idea. Wish we could have it. Our events are such a mess. The timing in never right. They say be there at this time and so you are there , nothing happens, you leave and then bam you have missed the it. THe managers show up when ever they feel like it, pick winners when ever they feel like, then leave.
Message 9 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Nov 1, 2009

randylr wrote:
That event timer is a great idea. Wish we could have it. Our events are such a mess. The timing in never right. They say be there at this time and so you are there , nothing happens, you leave and then bam you have missed the it. THe managers show up when ever they feel like it, pick winners when ever they feel like, then leave.
? yes true stuff i heard that all staff were in one sever which makes getting to them a lot harder, it would help if we had a bigger CP as its just to small maybe about the same size as jp/hk CP but not a copy then there would be more room for special decorations and maybe try doing an event in singstar spaces
Message 10 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes