Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
1820 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

As a Reply to my earlier post in I think Page 11... 

I saw the Announcement later on, & saw they are still calling it the Playstation 4... 

--------------------------

Regaurdless, HOME was made using the PS3 Hardware, & Processor from what I know of... 
And porting HOME to a Cloud, doesn't change that fact at all... 

Weather it was put on a Cloud, or not, doesn't change the fact that if a Game cannot run on PS4, what makes you think HOME can? 

 

 

-------------------------

Seriously, Sony is creating more work for themself then they realize... 

Emulating every Game just to work on the PS4... 

Why not just Upgrade the PS3 into the PS4? 

I mean seriously, if i'm not mistaken, the Graphix of all the Newer PS3 Games will be no different from the Launch Titles of the PS4... 

As they have said in their Announcement about the PS4... 

The Polygon Count in Quantic Dream's for PS3 uses 30,000 or 35,000 Polygons... 

Which is going to be the Launching Polygon Count for the PS4... 

Thus why we have Games such as Destiny on both PS3 & PS4, because no matter which System,
your going to have the same Graphix for both... It just seems like a waste of time, to Create a whole
New Console all because of of a Few Games that will show impressive Graphix like 2 or 3 Years down the line, ~_~

We won't see what the PS4 is truely capable of, until later in the Year, or even possibly into 1 Year of it's Release... 


----------------------------------------

Knowing this, only means that owning a PS4 Console, you will not see any difference from the PS3, for like a Year... 

Which puzzles me why they won't just Upgrade the PS3 Instead... 

And to Emulate all those Games, I mean why not just Upgrade instead? 

---------------------------------------

Does anyone disagree with that?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
.......................
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!


Get Your Portable ID!
Message 161 of 301 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Look what I found

 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/the-playstation-4s-big-unanswered-question...

 

"What’s up with PlayStation Home?

 

We don’t care, but someone might."

 

 

 

Lol :/

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 162 of 301 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Look what I found

 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/the-playstation-4s-big-unanswered-question...

 

"What’s up with PlayStation Home?

 

We don’t care, but someone might."

 

 

 

Lolz Smiley IndifferentSmiley Frustrated :/


Have to love the professionalism with that comment. Would be nice if someone answered it however. 

Message 163 of 301 (289 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Look what I found

 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/the-playstation-4s-big-unanswered-question...

 

"What’s up with PlayStation Home?

 

We don’t care, but someone might."

 

Lolz Smiley IndifferentSmiley Frustrated :/


Have to love the professionalism with that comment. Would be nice if someone answered it however. 


professionalism in gaming journalism? HA! Smiley Very Happy


Message 164 of 301 (269 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/13/2007
Offline
868 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Look what I found

 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/the-playstation-4s-big-unanswered-question...

 

"What’s up with PlayStation Home?

 

We don’t care, but someone might."

 

 

 

Lol :/


LMAO At least it was acknowledged. Pretty sure that everyone at Sony thinks it's worthless once Phil Harrison jumped ship. Abandoning it early on was the best thing he could've done. No doubt they're in favor of abandoning it for next-gen.

Message 165 of 301 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/27/2009
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 26, 2013
Topics like this one don't make any sense to me. PPL are saying that they wont spend anymore on home, but are saying they will spend it on PS3 games instead. If you wont spend on home you shouldn't spend on PS3 at all and just save your money to get a PS4 instead. I think anyone that has pre-ordered anything for PS3 should continue to spend on home. That PS3 game you pre-ordered wont be any good on your PS4 so either way you're gonna spend money you can't unspend. I say make the best of the time your PS3 has left cause after 2016 it'll be past is life cycle and they should have a home evolution/replacement by then.
Message 166 of 301 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2010
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 26, 2013

wrx009 wrote:
Topics like this one don't make any sense to me. PPL are saying that they wont spend anymore on home, but are saying they will spend it on PS3 games instead. If you wont spend on home you shouldn't spend on PS3 at all and just save your money to get a PS4 instead. I think anyone that has pre-ordered anything for PS3 should continue to spend on home. That PS3 game you pre-ordered wont be any good on your PS4 so either way you're gonna spend money you can't unspend. I say make the best of the time your PS3 has left cause after 2016 it'll be past is life cycle and they should have a home evolution/replacement by then.

There are problems with your argument.

To start, (physical) PS3 games have a resale value. Nothing in Home does.

 

Second, you can always enjoy PS3 games on your PS3, regardless of if you have a PS4 or not. If Home does not make it to PS4, content will stagnate, population will decrease, servers will become abandoned and Home will eventually shutdown. It's all a matter of how long that will take (maybe two years would be my guess).

 

I think most of us who have invested a decent amount of time and money into Home have been under the assumption that it would continue on the PS4. At the current time, it isn't safe to invest much more into it because of doubt that it will be around. I do feel like we'll still enjoy Home for quite some years after the PS4 release, even if Home is not on the console. But I believe content and updates will slow down considerably.

Message 167 of 301 (146 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/13/2007
Offline
868 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 26, 2013

Somnia_II wrote:

wrx009 wrote:
Topics like this one don't make any sense to me. PPL are saying that they wont spend anymore on home, but are saying they will spend it on PS3 games instead. If you wont spend on home you shouldn't spend on PS3 at all and just save your money to get a PS4 instead. I think anyone that has pre-ordered anything for PS3 should continue to spend on home. That PS3 game you pre-ordered wont be any good on your PS4 so either way you're gonna spend money you can't unspend. I say make the best of the time your PS3 has left cause after 2016 it'll be past is life cycle and they should have a home evolution/replacement by then.

There are problems with your argument.

To start, (physical) PS3 games have a resale value. Nothing in Home does.

 

Second, you can always enjoy PS3 games on your PS3, regardless of if you have a PS4 or not. If Home does not make it to PS4, content will stagnate, population will decrease, servers will become abandoned and Home will eventually shutdown. It's all a matter of how long that will take (maybe two years would be my guess).

 

I think most of us who have invested a decent amount of time and money into Home have been under the assumption that it would continue on the PS4. At the current time, it isn't safe to invest much more into it because of doubt that it will be around. I do feel like we'll still enjoy Home for quite some years after the PS4 release, even if Home is not on the console. But I believe content and updates will slow down considerably.


Well put. I'd give Home the credit that it'll still be around maybe 3 years at the least instead of 2 (PS2 still had a few decent titles releasing around 3 years into the PS3's life) though. PS3 games are definitely where any money should be invested in, I mean, didn't we ALL buy a PS3 to play games on it? Home's just something to do in between gaming sessions. Also, game companies are the ones most deserving of our financial support, otherwise consoles and development of some of our favorite franchises would just cease to exist.

 

Money that Home generates obviously isn't creating something bigger/better. It's probably just being stashed by Sony for future endeavors. Or like I've said before, to help keep their online servers free for us all.

Message 168 of 301 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 26, 2013

Well if it lasts past the three years at this rate is anyones guess... But even if we got three years thats better than nothing...

 

And u say why buy anymore games for PS3... WHY/ because there our GAMES we like to Play! That's why.... I have PS1 PS2 and PS3 games and we all know PS3 don't play the other ones... Who Cares! It would been nice if it had... But it doesn't. So if PS4 doesn't not a big deal... But Home if it lasts three more years that's fine with me. Yes i would like to see it continue on PS4 after the three years not right now. It's really not needed just yet to be moved to PS4 right now. Wait three years and then move it... Or whatnot!

 

I just read some NEWs that PS4 won't even feature or Support 3D Gaming!  WTH!  Here i thought they said 3D Tv's and Gaming was the Future and now to hear that PS4 doesn't support 3d Games... WTH!  

 

Arrgg!  It's sounding more and more like the PS4 is gonna be making allot of Mistakes in it's run!  Without Home and now No 3D games... PS4 is not looking so bright if u ask me.  Maybe after it's out a year or two they decide to add those things and then we can buy it with all the features we want and use. Then we get one but until then it's not looking like something that i would even want. It's like it's going backwards and be like playing on a PS2... A Game Player that only Plays Games that's going backwards!

 

PS3 with Home and 3D games nwo that was the Future and there not gonna use it on PS4... Yes PS4 is going backwards not moving Forward.... In time they will learn Going backwards like this will be a bid Mistake,,,  Heck if i want to go that Backwards i'll just start up my PS2 and play that if i want to be that far back.... From what we have now. 

 

Yep!  The more and more i hear about PS4 not having this or not doing that... The more i say who needs it!

 

 

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 169 of 301 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/24/2009
Offline
2689 posts
 

Re: PS4 - I would like a PS Home reboot.

Feb 26, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Look what I found

 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/21/the-playstation-4s-big-unanswered-question...

 

"What’s up with PlayStation Home?

 

We don’t care, but someone might."

 

 

 

Lol :/


 

->Game Informer

 

Well THERES your problem. Those guys are horrible.



A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 170 of 301 (104 Views)
0 Likes