Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/17/2013
Offline
8190 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014
Johnny_Bender_ wrote:

"Your post is steeped in frustration and latent shame over having been addicted to Home. This sentence demonstrates that you have transferred your personal problems onto the group. Don't make the novice mistake of assuming everyone who buys items on Home is disturbed; confront your demons on your own time."
_________
Oh snap.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 71 of 99 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/10/2014
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

But what you don't seem to get hellokitty is that your the only one so far that I have seen that has some major regrets about home. I personally know that the only thing I regret about home is that I did not get on it sooner. Who knows what anyone will feel about home 6 months from now as that's 6 months into the future.  No one knows what will happen in the future.  I regret somethings that have happened on home over the past 6 months but I regret nothing about the time or money I have spent.  Nothing seems to be wrong with us. But it begs a question that would be nice to answer. If you don't seem to like home and you have regrets over it why are you posting about it?

Message 72 of 99 (358 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/24/2011
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

Reading this thread has brought me out of my lurking state. I've been gone from the forums and Home for quite some time, almost 8 months, due to school. So as you state, Kitty, that you are open to opinions I'll put my two cents in.

I started using Home sometime in late 2011 because I was curious. At first I thought it was lame and was a platform only for the socially awkward. I thought the games were sub par, which they still are unfortunately, but what kept me logging on every now and then was being able to explore the world's the devs created.

As time passed I actually made a couple good connections with people, whom happened to be older than me, and talk to them regularly outside of Home. What keeps me logging on is curiosity now I suppose.

During my hiatus from Home I've been able to reflect, as you have, on my time spent on the service. I honestly can't say there wasn't a time where I didn't have fun while using it. I'm amused by very little mind you. Yes, I've spent quite a lot but I don't regret it. For me I see it as a small fee to experience places that I would never be able to in real life. I mean, where else can I fly on a magic carpet around a ruined temple?!

It's all about management of your personal life really. If you think your spending too much time on something then perhaps find something else to do. Same goes for the money aspect, this really is a free service and you are not obligated to purchase anything. If you feel you have to buy something so you don't come across as a "noob" to people then those are not people you should associate yourself with.

TL;DR I've been gone from the service almost 8 months, came back with no regrets. It's all about balancing your personal life.

Message 73 of 99 (346 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

Aeryn_James wrote:
Johnny_Bender_ wrote:

"Your post is steeped in frustration and latent shame over having been addicted to Home. This sentence demonstrates that you have transferred your personal problems onto the group. Don't make the novice mistake of assuming everyone who buys items on Home is disturbed; confront your demons on your own time."
_________
Oh snap.

First off, who's johnny bender? lol

Message 74 of 99 (319 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/24/2013
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014
Someone whom bends over easily.
That's all you really gotta know.
Message 75 of 99 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

Mel_1623 wrote:

Reading this thread has brought me out of my lurking state. I've been gone from the forums and Home for quite some time, almost 8 months, due to school. So as you state, Kitty, that you are open to opinions I'll put my two cents in.

I started using Home sometime in late 2011 because I was curious. At first I thought it was lame and was a platform only for the socially awkward. I thought the games were sub par, which they still are unfortunately, but what kept me logging on every now and then was being able to explore the world's the devs created.

As time passed I actually made a couple good connections with people, whom happened to be older than me, and talk to them regularly outside of Home. What keeps me logging on is curiosity now I suppose.

During my hiatus from Home I've been able to reflect, as you have, on my time spent on the service. I honestly can't say there wasn't a time where I didn't have fun while using it. I'm amused by very little mind you. Yes, I've spent quite a lot but I don't regret it. For me I see it as a small fee to experience places that I would never be able to in real life. I mean, where else can I fly on a magic carpet around a ruined temple?!

It's all about management of your personal life really. If you think your spending too much time on something then perhaps find something else to do. Same goes for the money aspect, this really is a free service and you are not obligated to purchase anything. If you feel you have to buy something so you don't come across as a "noob" to people then those are not people you should associate yourself with.

TL;DR I've been gone from the service almost 8 months, came back with no regrets. It's all about balancing your personal life.


Well I 100% respect your post as you are the only one here that can actually say if you regret home or not after the fact. I assume everyone will feel a little different. I'm very happy that you have no regrets. That's excellect Smiley Happy . Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 99 (310 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

RegPoster wrote:
Someone whom bends over easily.
That's all you really gotta know.

Booooooo I want to know more about this johnny bender character Smiley Tongue

Message 77 of 99 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2013
Offline
665 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

mango2900 wrote:

Regret : To feel sad about (something that you did or did not do) : to have regrets about (something)

-used formally in writing to express sad feelings about something disappointing or unpleasant.

 

It seems to me that you regret your time on home for reasons that are your own. I have no reason to do the same. I enjoy home and the friends I have made there. I have a great life outside of home, and use home as a fun thing I do before I go to bed.

 

I think you need to realize your opinion of home is based on your time on home. My time on home is very different than the  experience you will have had. Smiley Happy


I like how you changed the definition to make it sound most present tense. Here, without changing the definition I'll copy and paste it because I know you think you needed leverage for some reason by changing a few words. 

 

feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).
"she immediately regretted her words"
 
disappointed over something that has happened or been done, as in PAST TENSE. Even the example uses past tense, immediately is still AFTER the fact. I'm asking if you'll regreat AFTER 6 months, not now. geez, go to school.

What you fail to understand is it's your regret, not anyone else's. Why you think that what you experience will be the same for everyone that uses home, is beyond my way of thinking. It's obvious that you have something that's unique to you against home.

 

I'm done with this pointless argumentative discussion. You seem to have a one track mind, and refuse to take the blinders off. What you said to Tsunade1224 shows you really don't care what anyone has to say. 

 

Oh by the way, I'm a teen as well. So feel free to disregard everything I say. You wouldn't want to learn something from us.

Message 78 of 99 (284 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/21/2014
Offline
111 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

what's wrong with you people?! 

 

 Here's an analogy since you seem a little slow:

 

You've been drying out in rehab for the past six months. One lonely evening you drop by the pub to visit your old friends. Instead of having a club soda and catching up, you accuse everyone present of being an alcoholic, extol the virtues of abstinence, then point out how frivolous it is to spend money on booze just as the bartender announces last call.

 

It never occurs to you that most of us always drank responsibly.

taste my rainbow

Message 79 of 99 (272 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

mango2900 wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

mango2900 wrote:

Regret : To feel sad about (something that you did or did not do) : to have regrets about (something)

-used formally in writing to express sad feelings about something disappointing or unpleasant.

 

It seems to me that you regret your time on home for reasons that are your own. I have no reason to do the same. I enjoy home and the friends I have made there. I have a great life outside of home, and use home as a fun thing I do before I go to bed.

 

I think you need to realize your opinion of home is based on your time on home. My time on home is very different than the  experience you will have had. Smiley Happy


I like how you changed the definition to make it sound most present tense. Here, without changing the definition I'll copy and paste it because I know you think you needed leverage for some reason by changing a few words. 

 

feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).
"she immediately regretted her words"
 
disappointed over something that has happened or been done, as in PAST TENSE. Even the example uses past tense, immediately is still AFTER the fact. I'm asking if you'll regreat AFTER 6 months, not now. geez, go to school.

What you fail to understand is it's your regret, not anyone else's. Why you think that what you experience will be the same for everyone that uses home, is beyond my way of thinking. It's obvious that you have something that's unique to you against home.

 

I'm done with this pointless argumentative discussion. You seem to have a one track mind, and refuse to take the blinders off. What you said to Tsunade1224 shows you really don't care what enyone has to say. 

 

Oh by the way, I'm a teen as well. So feel free to disregard everything I say. You wouldn't want to learn something from us.


errrrrr, look 2 posts up, I kudo's someone with a different outlook after being away from home and think that everyone will have their own opinion. it's merely the fact that you think you can answer my question before you actually know the answer. Ok, thanks for discussing this topic, have a nice day Smiley Very Happy.  

 

Oh and teens are welcome in this conversation, but again, wait a bit before commenting on your regrets as you haven't had a chance to actually find out if you will or not Smiley Tongue 

Message 80 of 99 (264 Views)
0 Likes