Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

It's not often I reply to these sort of things, but something about this whole thread got to me that I felt I had to chime in.

Sure, I haven't been away from Home long enough to say whether or not I'd regret the money I've spent here. But I'm sure I can say, with confidence, that I won't regret any of the time and money spent on Home (okay... maybe a few bum purchases I've already regretted lol).

I'm quite certain of this because something like this has already occured to me. A year or so ago, White Knight Chronicles' servers shut down. I had spent quite a bit on money on DLC back then as well. And well, as you know, I can't play online anymore now that the servers are gone. Sure, I can still play WKC offline, but it's not the same. And essentially, all my money has gone to "waste" on all of those DLCs I purchased since they were mainly used for online. Do I regret any of the time or money I spent on that game? Of course not! I've met good friends there whom I still talk to now. No amount of time or money is worth their friendship.

So if Home ever goes away (which I'm sure I will), I'm sure I'd have the same feelings I do about WKC being gone. It's still sad for me that it's gone. I actually do wish it was back a lot of times, despite many people saying it was a flop of the game. Same with Home, a lot of people say it's a flop. But I know I had a lot of fun in Home, and really, isn't that all that matters? I guess I have a unique taste for being interested in things that most people think are a waste of time Smiley Very Happy

All in all, I respectfully disagree to your opinion, Kitty. I appreciate you trying to warn us that we should cut on our expenses before it's too late... But the fact is that there's still a good amount of us that really won't regret all we've done on Home.

Message 51 of 99 (401 Views)
Uncharted Territory
665 posts

Jun 13, 2014
I will never regret being on home, nor the money spent in it. I have met so many great people and learned a few things as well.

I'm not sure why the OP suggests home is only for kids. Clearly home has room for everyone young and old. I have looked for other places like home, but have yet to find anything even close.

The OP has said that he is here to see the end of home. To cheer it's demise. To laugh at those he feels have wronged him. To this I ask why? Why would you want to see a place so different than any other disappear? If as you say you are over home, then why not move on with your life. It just doesn't seem healthy to hold whatever grudge you have.

I truly hope you find peace and you remember there are a lot of people on home who have done no wrong to you. These people still enjoy home, and would love to see it last. Smiley Happy
Message 52 of 99 (386 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Now I have to admit off topic that I wonder who Johnny is. Seems like odd and unfortunate timing of his posts in comparison to mine in this thread.

Message 53 of 99 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11137 posts

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:
Yes, spend a few hours in the hub and tell me how that goes lol. Geez, I knew some people would try and validate their reasoning behind home, but I didn't expect someone to so boldly lie to themselves about how home usually is. If you're hiding away in a personal space with your friends sure, it's a different experience, but go just about anywhere else, tell me right here and now that some little jerk isn't going to come right up to you in a matter of a minute or 2 and start doing or saying something immature............ yeah, everyones experiences ARE different, but that part of home hasn't changed.

You only proved the validity of my previous post. "Your" experiences are "yours" and "yours" alone. By telling me what's going to happen if I go to the Hub or any other public in a matter of a minute or two, and then saying everyones experiences are different, you're totally contridicting your argument.

Have I had someone say or PM me something stupid? Absolutely. All the time? No. I'd say maybe once or twice a month, tops. If you take into consideration the amount of people I encounter in that time, I'd consider it the exception, rather than the rule.

Message 54 of 99 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014
LOL cmc!!!!!!!! 1-2 a month?! What do you spend, 2 minutes on home a month?!?! LMAO! I knew some people would under estimate things to make home seem favorable, but you take the cake!!!! Bwahahahahahaha 2 a month, that's hilarious!
Message 55 of 99 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014
SN - I do agree with you about wkc, but what you're leaving out is you can still play it. It'd be like saying I can't ever play motorstorm again ( the original ) because the servers were taking it away. All your purchases on wkc are still usable and you knew the servers would get shut down. You may not regret your purchases because subconsiously you know you still can play the game, you just don't want to play it alone. Home isn't a game so it's like comparing apples and oranges. Even if you want to compare home to a game, perhaps you should compare it more to a game like warhawk where it's online only. Now that game is much more in line with home but, you don't really have many optional purchases in that game so even it is a stretch. Once again to all of you that constantly keep making posts that say the same exact thing, you WON'T know if you reget it until it actually happens. Or should I get the definition of regret for you. It's an after the fact issue and you frankly are all still on home so you really can't speak of if you will regret things or not. Sorry, that's just how regret works, I don't make the rules.
Message 56 of 99 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Oh and for the rest of you that think my personal experience plays or played any part of why I think home is for children, you are sadly mistaken. So what, I catfished, I've let it go and so has the other person. The only people that keep bringing it up are you folks. I basically made this post with the idea maybe I could help someone stop spending money early or even break away so it's a bit easier when the servers do get shut down. So keep on bringing up how I did what I did all u want, I admit it, I say it with no guilt or shame anymore, I've forgiven myself and that's what's important, and frankly, your constant taunting of me doing it bothers me zero. If I can get through to just one person with this thread I'll be happy, especially if it's my a list friend.
Message 57 of 99 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jun 13, 2014
You sure like talking about yourself.
Message 58 of 99 (293 Views)
Uncharted Territory
665 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Regret : To feel sad about (something that you did or did not do) : to have regrets about (something)

-used formally in writing to express sad feelings about something disappointing or unpleasant.

It seems to me that you regret your time on home for reasons that are your own. I have no reason to do the same. I enjoy home and the friends I have made there. I have a great life outside of home, and use home as a fun thing I do before I go to bed.

I think you need to realize your opinion of home is based on your time on home. My time on home is very different than the  experience you will have had. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 99 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:
SN - I do agree with you about wkc, but what you're leaving out is you can still play it. It'd be like saying I can't ever play motorstorm again ( the original ) because the servers were taking it away. All your purchases on wkc are still usable and you knew the servers would get shut down. 

hellokittyxo wrote:
Or should I get the definition of regret for you. It's an after the fact issue and you frankly are all still on home so you really can't speak of if you will regret things or not. Sorry, that's just how regret works, I don't make the rules.
Oh dear, I do believe someone can't read. Is it really fair for you to question my intelligence regarding the definition of regret when you can't even read my full post?

SN_MCMXCI wrote:

Sure, I can still play WKC offline, but it's not the same.

The fact is that I did mention that I can still play offline, and I choose not to for the most part. What you neglect to realize is that a lot of the DLC were purchases that could only be used online. GR tickets, item tickets, guild licenses? Those are of no use to me anymore. And let's not even talk about how many online licenses I bought! I did in fact love the game so much I played it over and over on different accounts, and thus spent several money getting those accounts online.
Now again, I ask: did I regret any of those online only DLC purchases I made? No! I do not. I still had the time of my life, and again no amount of money or time is equivalent to the experience I had on WKC, and I'm pretty sure my opinion on that sort of matter won't change should Home shut down.
Sorry, OP, but I don't appreciate being treated as a simpleton when I know how I personally feel about things. I tried to be polite about it, and you still believe I don't know what I'm talking about? I firmly disagree with you. I know how I feel about this, and I know how I will feel about this because I know who I am. It's not going to be difficult to predict how I feel about things even in the future because the fact is that it concerns me and me alone. If you think I don't even know who I am, then you are sadly mistaken.
Message 60 of 99 (270 Views)
0 Likes