VP of Gaming
28566 posts

Re: Home "Manners"

Feb 8, 2009

A simple "manners" fix:

When I am playing a game of pool, I am unaware of my surroundings. When someone asks "Can I play a game?" I have no idea who they are talking to. Is it to me or the people at the next table? If you wish to play a game, please address the person by name: "Conrad Max, can I play the next game?" That way I will know if you are asking me.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28566 posts

Feb 8, 2009

If a person is going to send me a friend request, please include the following:

Where did we meet?

Do I know you?

Why I should add you to my friends list?

Your age (I am 50 - do you really want a 50 year old as a friend?).

Picture (optional)

Tell me a little bit about your self.

If your request is blank, I will refuse the request. If you include the above, I will take the time to consider it.

Just because I pass you in Home is not reason enough to be friends.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 12 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Feb 8, 2009
I agree with everything that has been said on here so far. There are not too many people that are courteous or well mannered in home. I see people all of the time running around and randomly telling people that they are gay and then they run off they must be homophobic or something. I have had several people come up to me saying all kinds of crap because of the clothes that I wear. It doesn't bother me in the least bit though. I just tell them don't be jealous of me because I have it and you don't. So many people talk trash it's not even funny. I don't care who you are what your preference is or what your race is, I'll talk to you as long as your being decent about it. People just cannot leave well enough alone. Most of these people are just probably loners anyways either that or they got picked on so much in their life that they have the need to do it back LOL I just can't believe that they have to come to some virtual world to do it. What a shame. These people would be knocked out in the real world for some of the stuff they say and/or do, either that or worse!!
Message Edited by VIPHARLEY on 02-08-2009 05:01 PM
Photobucket

http://www.myspace.com/vipharley
Message 13 of 17 (10 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Feb 8, 2009
LOL Ya I have had more then a few people like that try to add me up.
Photobucket

http://www.myspace.com/vipharley
Message 14 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 8, 2009

Other ethics to consider: It's best to not send Personal messages (sent to PSN message box) to anyone except for your friends unless it's OK with them. I personally find it annoying when strangers just send me PSN messages only to say "Hey" "what's up?" .... Also talk and get to know the person before sending a friend request,  he or she might also want to ask you questions and want to know more about you first. 

Message Edited by PaperCarrier on 02-08-2009 01:11 PM
Message 15 of 17 (10 Views)
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Feb 9, 2009

NicklezBe wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more manners are very important and it would be great if everyone could be more courteous. On an unrelated subject about your post I must humbly ask for future reference that you use the spell check feature. I know what its like to just want to just get something out. I only say this because the first part was kind of annoying to read. I apologize it's just a pet peeve of mine, and I mean no disrespect by it I just believe something as well spoken as this should be just as well written.
My apologies, as I'm using the PS3 for my browsing and posting functions on this board, I will have to defer the spell check until Sony fixes their browser. I do try to make sure my spelling/grammar is correct before I post, but sometimes one or two things slip by. No disrespect taken, as I've got my own peeves. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Beta Tester?
Message 16 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 9, 2009
I have perfect manners in home.
HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 17 (10 Views)
0 Likes