Feb 08 2009
By: packobert Lombax Warrior 256 posts

Home "Manners"

16 replies 19 views Edited Feb 8, 2009
OK, everybody is probable going to get sick of me before I'm done, but do I care...naw...will try to be civil in all my response. I realize that the vast majority of Home users a inmature. That being said, I got certain spots in Home I like to hang out at, and certain spots I like to sit in. So I was sitting on the bench that circles the tree in central plaza and some "girl" comes up to me and says "move", then "hello", then "move" all I could do was "lol", of course she started slang cussing me (when I didn't move), cause I knew what she wanted. And when someone tells me to move, well, I quite frankly, become a rock...lol. I told her "if you would have said hello first, and then asked me nicely to move, I would have, but since you didn't I won't".

Well to make a long story short, if thats even possible...lol...this same "girl" came back a little bit later and said "hello", "could you move please", I said "cool" and got up so she could glitch onto the bench. I guess what I'm trying to say is MANNERS do go a long way to make Home what is is. I admit, I probable could have handled it better, my point is the "girl" did take my advice, when she came back, she knew what to say, at least when it came to me.

Giving manners lessons daily in Home...lol
Beta Tester?
Message 1 of 17 (19 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Re: Home "Manners"

Feb 8, 2009
I couldn't agree with you more manners are very important and it would be great if everyone could be more courteous. On an unrelated subject about your post I must humbly ask for future reference that you use the spell check feature. I know what its like to just want to just get something out. I only say this because the first part was kind of annoying to read. I apologize it's just a pet peeve of mine, and I mean no disrespect by it I just believe something as well spoken as this should be just as well written.
Photobucket
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
Message 2 of 17 (19 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Feb 8, 2009
I completely agree. Manners and common courtesy go a long way in personal interactions, regardless of the venue. I know that my group of Home friends practice socially conscious behavior. NicklezBe, above, is a good example. I know that he practices common courtesy, and it really does go a long way.
Message 3 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
696 posts

Feb 8, 2009
Manners, unfortunately (as well as grammar and spelling!) are becoming a lost art. In this rushed, gotta-have-it-now world we live in, there is no time for pleasantries or correctness.
Message Edited by Archangel825 on 02-08-2009 09:36 AM
Message 4 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Feb 8, 2009
I would have reported her ass the moment she got worse about it. Her name wasn't written on the damn bench. She was most likely a dude anyway.
Message 5 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Feb 8, 2009

I agree,i wish people would think for a second before acting like an ass.

Its seriously annoying

Message 6 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 8, 2009

Here is my story.  One day in central plaza I decided to just sit at the end of the longer "C" bench as I was waiting for a friend to come. A girl was sitting about halfway of the bench. Here is what went on as I sat down:

Girl:  How may I help you?

Me: I don't need any help, just waiting for someone thank you.

Girl: Well, get the ***bleep*** away from me before I report you!!!

Me: I though I sat far enough sorry.

I left to be nice for her, I could've reported her for that but I let it go.   

Message 7 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Feb 8, 2009

PaperCarrier wrote:

Here is my story.  One day in central plaza I decided to just sit at the end of the longer "C" bench as I was waiting for a friend to come. A girl was sitting about halfway of the bench. Here is what went on as I sat down:

You should just simply ignore that. Let them report you, you didnt even say a word to her, which in turn, nothing would have happened to you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 8, 2009

zoahporre wrote:

PaperCarrier wrote:

You should just simply ignore that. Let them report you, you didn't even say a word to her, which in turn, nothing would have happened to you. 

I don't like when people do that, not everybody is friendly to others in home but I usually just switch spots when people do things that. 
Message 9 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Feb 8, 2009
Well of course manners are important, Home is essentially a "public" location
Message 10 of 17 (19 Views)
0 Likes