Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: PS3 games on PS4 - a good sight of PS Home?

Jul 24, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
It only took 3 months to port because it's being ported from a PC build of the game onto x86 architecture.

correct.

But what if...

porting from PS3 to PS4?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 651 of 3,033 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jul 24, 2013

al2009man wrote:
porting from PS3 to PS4?

Good luck with that Smiley Very Happy

Streaming service, sure it could happen even if I don't think so. They'd still have to change up Home a bit for that to work. Question is if Sony thinks it's worth their time. It could potentially make Home cost the price of 2 monthly subscriptions to access - PS+ and Gaikai. I have no doubt with Gaikai Sony will overcome the barrier of getting online modes to work in older games but getting that older game to interact with PS3 users and PS4 users at the same time might be another story.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 652 of 3,033 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jul 24, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

al2009man wrote:
porting from PS3 to PS4?

Good luck with that Smiley Very Happy

Streaming service, sure it could happen even if I don't think so. They'd still have to change up Home a bit for that to work. Question is if Sony thinks it's worth their time. It could potentially make Home cost the price of 2 monthly subscriptions to access - PS+ and Gaikai. I have no doubt with Gaikai Sony will overcome the barrier of getting online modes to work in older games but getting that older game to interact with PS3 users and PS4 users at the same time might be another story.

free is better than 2 monthly membership.

oh wait, we don't know that...yet... lets wait till gamescom 2013 if sony going to revealed more about PS4's features...and give your last hope for Home on PS4...if not. don't sell yo PS3! Smiley Tongue

Message 653 of 3,033 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Jul 24, 2013
Well said, I'm holding off on PS4 simply cause of no home announcement and I am not interested their exclusives so far... not worth paying $300.00 or whatever it's price may be for something that I'll rarely play.
Home, even now it's something I use often. Some of us hacer been using home since the beta first started and have witnessed it's growth. I'm all for PS Home on the PS4 but no mention of it at E3 nor anywhere else.
Home developers should take some time and try listening to those who support it and realize that there is a large amount of PS3 owners who use home very often. No home on PS4 means no PS4 for me and I can start working on a decent gaming rig sooner with no regrets. I somehow get the feeling that we will not get Home on PS4 with it's new social structure, let's be honest here, that looks to be the home replacement. With not only cross-game chat but chatting and messaging from a smartphone apparently to a PS4 user who is online seems to be interesting even though XBL has been doing that way before SONY even thought about it.
I think they're going to make their money while the PS3 lasts and then focus on apparently based content.
I want home, I can care less about a lackluster line up of mediocre titles as long as I have Home I will be a happy customer ^_^
Message 654 of 3,033 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Something for you guys and girls to salivate over:

allruna1.png

What does this mean exactly? Whether Home makes it to the PS4 or not we will be told about it (eventually). I know it's not real news but it at least quells the assumption that they will continue to say nothing about it til the bitter end.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 655 of 3,033 (342 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jul 25, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Something for you guys and girls to salivate over:

allruna1.png

What does this mean exactly? Whether Home makes it to the PS4 or not we will be told about it (eventually). I know it's not real news but it at least quells the assumption that they will continue to say nothing about it til the bitter end.

Message 656 of 3,033 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 25, 2013

IIn all the threads about home and the PS4, Ive noticed a big, big exclusion here on some groups that use home. And to me th\ese groups are the foundation to keeping home.

These groups in all their different asspects are the dissabled. You maynot relize it but, they number in the thousands on home maybe more. Main reason is the freedom it brings to the everyday struggles of life. Being able to virtually walk, speek, be noticed,and be apart of even the smallest things can be amazing .

I know some will say.. they need toget out more they need to be around the real people of the world (the real world) . Ok, in some cases I can see it but, try telling that to most that have been stared at, poked fun of,made to feel not even apart of that real world . And do not tell me thats not a reason., your not in their place.The excitment that I have been  greatly effected by is those that can not walk in the real world but, be given the virtual chance on home. .Omg! It can bring an emotion that we all should have to fully understand why home is so important now to be brought to PS4 .

So, to all the devs and Bord memebers on SOE please . please consider your chance to further home and bring some chance of belonging to maybe some not all that come to home. Oh, and One main thing that can make this thoughts on this push you more towards a good out come. THEY SPEND MAJOR BUCKS ON HOME. Good enough reason?  Thought that get your attention.

Message 657 of 3,033 (314 Views)
First Son
1 posts

What's the future like for Playstation Home?

Jul 25, 2013

Will PS Home be out of Beta for PS4, will it be on Ps4 at all?

Message 658 of 3,033 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: What's the future like for Playstation Home?

Jul 25, 2013

UniTeD_-_NuKez wrote:

Will PS Home be out of Beta for PS4, will it be on Ps4 at all?

Seeing how Home was not talked about at E3 it's unlikely it will be on the PS4.  As for it comeing out of the beta?  Again unlikely way to many bugs, exploits and gliches in Home right now for it to come out any day soon.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 659 of 3,033 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I believe home to be one of the features that keeps people like me on PSN. 90% of the time I find it difficult to enjoy most of the available games, so I go on home and socialize, talk about anything interesting.
Without home, I'd already be strictly playing on PC due to the wide range of gaming choices, customization and tons of better features than any console will ever have. As a matter of fact, PS home is a deciding factor in whether I will support Sony next-gen or not.
Hopefully SONY is wise enough.
Message 660 of 3,033 (294 Views)
0 Likes