Last Guardian
10878 posts

Re: stop keeping us in the dark about homes future

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014
    • Sony stops really pushing Home

• Third party spaces including game and product spaces more or less dry up

• First party spaces including Sony’s own flagship games dry up

• Home Staff slowly transfers to Digital Platforms Staff and migrate away from Home 

• Mod presence and numbers decreass

• There is no longer any dedicated Home staff of any description.
    • PS4 launches without any word on a Home port

• Home in the Asian market is announced to be closed in about half a year.

If you can't see the writing on the wall I can't really help you further.

Sony is not going to straight up say we are killing it, then there is no reason for the community to keep buying things within Home. Sony might still not be sure what they want to do with it themselves.

But at this point I would almost guarantee Home will be shut down in EU and NA following Asia.

@Jim777PS
Message 2951 of 3,033 (580 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5822 posts

Sep 5, 2014

I'm not sure why you feel the need for Sony to officially tell you the exact date when Home will close so you can stop spending your money.

Many folks have already stopped spending or left Home altogether.  I'm guessing many folks here feel this may be the final act before the curtain comes down.

I'm thinking folks here instinctively already know it maybe just a matter of time before Home ends. Home had it's beginning it's heyday, and now it's in it's decline. That is the cycle of life unfortunately.

The only thing I can suggest is to enjoy Home while it's still available. Worrying to much about things concerning it's future will only sour your present day experience.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 2952 of 3,033 (571 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 5, 2014
I have spent two years reading threads like this. Home remains. I am on Home. I am using Home. In Home.

It will be around until March 2015 at least that is for sure. Past that we shall see. Chill out and enjoy your stuff. Do it or miss out.
Support Forums
Message 2953 of 3,033 (557 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Sep 5, 2014

From the views of Sony, announcing it now probably means a significant drop of revenue. I believe Japan was a test case, and  the result was a very steep decline and they don't want to repeat it while it can still generate some money and recoup the lost from past development cost.

I'm assuming NA won't be announced till the very end of it's life. Maybe even 30 days before closing down.

Message 2954 of 3,033 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Sep 5, 2014
Yes they know homes fate I am certain they do and reasons why they wouldn't let us know is because they want to milk it for all it's worth money wise then sping it on us after they have finally stopped makeing updates and money instead of letting us know now
Message 2955 of 3,033 (518 Views)
Fender Bender
3027 posts

Sep 5, 2014

jakester354 wrote:
Yes they know homes fate I am certain they do and reasons why they wouldn't let us know is because they want to milk it for all it's worth money wise then sping it on us after they have finally stopped makeing updates and money instead of letting us know now

^THIS^

this is the best explaination I have heard yet!  Anyone else have any better theories? I for one say Home will not end with a BANG but a sigh!

original.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 2956 of 3,033 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

I cant reveal my sources because of possible conflicts of loyalty but the word is a tiny little bird that resides somewhere on Mt. Fuji has whispered in Gohira's ear that 2017 is the soonest that Home will perhaps leave and then only to move to the PS4.

The Vita will also be used as a kind of secondary joystick. There will also be a reconfiguration of the little joystick that had the little bulb on top and that will enable us to play Home with one hand if we want.  Remember the future because essentially that is all that remains and without the past directing the present who knows?

Message 2957 of 3,033 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Sep 5, 2014

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Maybe they just don't know or haven't made up their mind which the two I guess are about the same thing. The way I figure it is if they knew they would tell us unless they got some stupendous secret new world for us. What's the sense of a secret like that unless they're to fix it up for PS4 but can't figure it out yet. Wait and see but the suspense is driving me crazy. Smiley Frustrated 

You don't think Sony has made up their minds yet?  News flash!  The PS4 is already out!  Sony did make up their minds not to have Home on the PS4 on the PS4's debut.  That argument may have worked before the PS4 came out but now it's a little late.  It's unlikely that Sony will say that Home is NOT going to be on the PS4 when they are trying to sell new PS4's consoles.  Think about it less people would go out and buy the consoles wich would be bad for business.

Now is still possable for Home to make it's debut on the PS4?  Yes, but it's very, very unlikely.  As the clock tick's, tick's it becomes less & less likely it will ever happen.  In short sooner is better.  But this would be a big move so we will not find out tell E3 next year (if Sony makes a move or not)

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 2958 of 3,033 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3027 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I cant reveal my sources because of possible conflicts of loyalty but the word is a tiny little bird that resides somewhere on Mt. Fuji has whispered in Gohira's ear that 2017 is the soonest that Home will perhaps leave and then only to move to the PS4.

The Vita will also be used as a kind of secondary joystick. There will also be a reconfiguration of the little joystick that had the little bulb on top and that will enable us to play Home with one hand if we want.  Remember the future because essentially that is all that remains and without the past directing the present who knows?

ReviewTechUSA on youtube pulled that "can't reveal my sources" card while back turned out they were full of crap! Well wish in one hand and crap in the other see what fills first!

original.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 2959 of 3,033 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Sep 6, 2014
I dont think home will make it to PS4 Smiley Sad Oh the humanity
Message 2960 of 3,033 (389 Views)
0 Likes