Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Re: IS PSH GOING DOWN IN 8 MONTHS

Apr 10, 2014

I believe home is alive and kicking and will be for a while now.

Those who claim it's dying or dead, have not been on home since like what? 2010?

I believe that if developers keep putting out items, lmos's, spaces and clothes then we will continue to have faith in home and hopefully, just hopefully we can see it head to PS4 once the console is more established.

Message 2411 of 3,033 (332 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Apr 10, 2014
I think Home will come to the PS4, and I would not be surprised if in addition there will be VR support added in the future as well. I have a feeling that Sony might gives us a hint at it by announcing it at this year's E3. Of course nothing has been confirmed, but a lot of folks don't realize that Sony has made some good money off of Home.
Message 2412 of 3,033 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

GSreaperwolf72 wrote:

Those who claim it's dying or dead, have not been on home since like what? 2010?

I believe that if developers keep putting out items, lmos's, spaces and clothes then we will continue to have faith in home and hopefully, just hopefully we can see it head to PS4 once the console is more established.

Do you understand the definition of the word "dying"?  Sony has said there are no plans as of right now to put Home on the PS4.  There for the future of Home is looking grimm.  The days of Home are numbered and Home is dying.  This is all fact and what Sony is telling us.  Can Sony chage there minds and put Home on the PS4?  YES!  But, it's very unlikely.  If Sony does not say anything about Home once again at E3 then it's safe to say that Home won't be on the PS4 for another year.

As for Home being dead?  It does seem like less people are using Home.  When asked a lot of members don't want to invest into Home when not knowing how long the servers are going to be up for.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 2413 of 3,033 (325 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13984 posts

Apr 10, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

GSreaperwolf72 wrote:

Do you understand the definition of the word "dying"?  Sony has said there are no plans as of right now to put Home on the PS4.  There for the future of Home is looking grimm.  The days of Home are numbered and Home is dying.  This is all fact and what Sony is telling us.  Can Sony chage there minds and put Home on the PS4?  YES!  But, it's very unlikely.  If Sony does not say anything about Home once again at E3 then it's safe to say that Home won't be on the PS4 for another year.

As for Home being dead?  It does seem like less people are using Home.  When asked a lot of members don't want to invest into Home when not knowing how long the servers are going to be up for.

Do you understand the definition of the word "dying"?

Not to be mean to you or anything, but you sure have a hackneyed definition on what "dying" really means when it comes down to PlayStation Home.

Sony has said there are no plans as of right now to put Home on the PS4.

You have a point there, sir, but have you been waiting patiently for the Home Team to give us the official word about its future?

The days of Home are numbered and Home is dying.  

How do you know Home is numbered, grim, and dying when it's currently alive and well since it has a trophy patch, newer content every Wednesday, and events hosted by us (PlayStation Home and gaming community)?

The days of Home are numbered and Home is dying.

How do you know that it's fact when it's all rumor, opinion and speculation?

Can Sony chage there minds and put Home on the PS4?  YES!  But, it's very unlikely.

I would love to have Home on the PlayStation 4 but some forumers and I are more than willing for the Home Team to give us the official word. If they confirm that it won't be on the PlayStation 4, that's okay because I won't lose any sleep over it and continue using Home on the PlayStation 3 until Sony decides to discontinue it altogether.

If Sony does not say anything about Home once again at E3 then it's safe to say that Home won't be on the PS4 for another year.

I won't lose a lot of sleep if Sony won't say anything about Home's future at E3 '14, and I won't have a problem waiting another year for an official word from the Home Team.

As for Home being dead?  It does seem like less people are using Home.

Do you know the numbers of users who log into Home?

When asked a lot of members don't want to invest into Home when not knowing how long the servers are going to be up for.

At least you made a point about for some users not wanting to invest into PlayStation Home currently, and you're right about all of us not knowing how long it will be around  for. It would be disappointing and saddening for all of us that it will go away someday, but the memories of Home will be cherished for those who had the opportunity to join and experience for what it has to offer.

I don't know if it's me or you, but from reading your past posts in this thread, you keep repeating what you're saying ad nasueam to the point for some of us doubting your claims that it's going downhill.  

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 2414 of 3,033 (313 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Apr 10, 2014
I think home would be absolutely glorious on the 4. I recently got I to home around early 13 and I see no plans of it stopping now. The only downfall I would want would be no annoying people in the bowling alley haha but we all have our own opinions. It's nothing more than wishful thinking.
Message 2415 of 3,033 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
380 posts

Apr 10, 2014
Message 2416 of 3,033 (296 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

redrumblefish wrote:

I wonder what this means for PSH?

http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/jobs/vacancies-in-home/salaryid/0/rateid/0/Locations/0/Departments/...

PSH Jobs.JPG

Hard to tell at this point.

One description does have "exclusive, next generation PS4 title", so if the description holds true, then it can't be Home that we have right now. Perhaps a complete new Home like app? Well have to wait and see.

Message 2417 of 3,033 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Apr 11, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

GSreaperwolf72 wrote:

Well for starters I am not brain dead, I do know the definition and still stand by my previous post. 

Question is, when was the last time you logged in to PS Home?

There are no guarantees of whether it's coming or not so IDK why you're assuming home is " dying".

I use home daily and so do many other people, even if it's for an hour or two, I still log in and see plenty of people most of the time. 

You also do know that the actual PS Home developers represent SCEU, right?

Plenty of items are still being pushed out almost weekly, if it were on the verge of either being shut down or "dying" then the support would have slowed down and I see no signs of it. 

I for one would get rid of my PS4 the second that an official statement is released, stating that home won't be on PS4.

I can easily invest on a PC and /or the other guys. I'm one of the many who's spent hundreds of dollars on PS Home and will continue to do so and will support it till it is officially done. Just cause a certain apgroup of people dislike home, it does not mean that it's dead. A lot of us think the call of duty series blows and treyarch as well as IW are beating a dead horse but it still sells & people still play it, plenty of people still do.

Does this mean CoD is dead and has been?

Not at all, we have our own tastes and home is something I enjoy as well as many others.

Message 2418 of 3,033 (248 Views)
Wastelander
380 posts

Apr 11, 2014

asfghjklEU wrote:

redrumblefish wrote:

I wonder what this means for PSH?

http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/jobs/vacancies-in-home/salaryid/0/rateid/0/Locations/0/Departments/...

PSH Jobs.JPG

Hard to tell at this point.

One description does have "exclusive, next generation PS4 title", so if the description holds true, then it can't be Home that we have right now. Perhaps a complete new Home like app? Well have to wait and see.

Sorry it must be for this game http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/17/indie-horror-game-home-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

Message 2419 of 3,033 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I say home in fact is dying because the amount of people on is low then this time last year. I think what done damage to home was sony keeping us in dark relating to home on ps4 and on launch day there no home so a lot us gamers have stop spending money on something what most likely wont see on ps4 for good while. I say home dying because I know a lot people not buying because sony hasn’t fix any of the major problems like dns and wardrobe freezing etc. Home has become a weekly crash grab by third party developers who now hardly give away anything back to community and reporting people seem to do nothing. I enjoying my Ps3 and ps4 games and gotten to point I hardly care what gimmicks’ home use to get people spend up    

Message 2420 of 3,033 (219 Views)