MVP Support
14357 posts

Re: Home for ps4

Jan 30, 2014

As Tempest_Fire stated, the Home team got no new information to share at this time. The closest thing to an answer we're getting is a "we'll see", but most of us want a direct and actual answer regarding its future.

Just because the PlayStation 4 was released last year doesn't mean Home will be going away soon.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 2121 of 3,033 (393 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Jan 30, 2014
I hope not.
I spent countless hours during closed beta.

Message 2122 of 3,033 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Home really doesn't need to be on PS4 in my opinion.  Sure it just might run better, but first would be a complete overhaul.  Home would need to transform.  To be honest, Home has a very unique community.  Sure we have gamers and we are gamers, however, (IMO) the heavy gamers like myself get out numbered compared to a social view of Home.  When Home first started and I was invited to the Closed BETA, I could see Sony striving for gamer gathering.  I've tried mulitiple times to bring game nights upon Home and they were not very successful in my view.

Home just doesn't need to be on PS4...  If Home does come to PS4 I would simply suspect a completely rebuilt PlayStation Home.

Bambi-01us
Message 2123 of 3,033 (351 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Feb 2, 2014
@Pickle-Surprise- Homlings are not mutants.
We are a LARP community to the rest of Gaming community?!

I demand Satisfaction!
I challenge you to a dance off at the next assimilation.

Message 2124 of 3,033 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Feb 2, 2014
@pickle-surprize- Homlings are glorious race of superman who derive from the closed beta of Home!
I smite thee foul mouthed scarf sniffer!
You have shamed MOTHER!
MOTHER our leader!

Message 2125 of 3,033 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Here's the question that I haven't seen anyone be able to answer: If Sony WAS planning on bringing Home to the PS4, then what would be the harm in telling us? That would certainly put a lot of people's minds at ease. On the other hand, if they stated it isn't coming to the PS4, you can imagine the consequences of that, so I can imagine why they would keep quiet about that. To me, that tells us what the answer is right there.

IMO, Sony is probably formulating an exit strategy based on how the JPN region Home fares without new content.

If we do ever see Home on the PS4, I think it will be built completely from the ground up. I don't really like the odds of this happening though, because it would be such a huge undertaking in so many different ways. Not just the programming and development, but getting commitments from third party developers to support such a project for an extended period of time. In order for a reboot to be successful, Sony would need buy-in from a lot of different sources in a lot of different ways, and I just don't know if that is feasible at this point.

Message 2126 of 3,033 (261 Views)
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Feb 3, 2014

LilithMorrigan wrote:

Here's the question that I haven't seen anyone be able to answer: If Sony WAS planning on bringing Home to the PS4, then what would be the harm in telling us? 

It has been answered before. Sony may not be ready to give an answer. Or they find that one way to keep our interest is by remaining secretive - look how long this discussion is.

I think the best way to show our interest is to continuously discuss it or to continuously use Home. Those who claim to like Home, but are quitting because they feel Sony will drop Home are not helping. But that's my opinion.

I will be getting a PS4 in two weeks. But I will also continue to use my PS3 for Home and all of my PS3 games that I have yet yo play and complete.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2127 of 3,033 (243 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Feb 3, 2014

I am wishing for the above and beyond. Unlimited items with many unique places to goto. 

Message 2128 of 3,033 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Feb 3, 2014
I hope the add region jump.

Message 2129 of 3,033 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

Re: Home for ps4

Feb 3, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

As Tempest_Fire stated, the Home team got no new information to share at this time. The closest thing to an answer we're getting is a "we'll see", but most of us want a direct and actual answer regarding its future.

Just because the PlayStation 4 was released last year doesn't mean Home will be going away soon.

I certainly agree. You have to also look at how long the PS3 has been available versus the PS4. It's taken this long for developers to truly realize the power of the PS3. And with the Playstation Now (Sony's Streaming Game Service), I still believe that Home will be available through that. I've said it before, that the patience game is certainly at play here as we transition into this next generation of gaming. There's a reason PS One, 2, 3, & PSP titles are stil in circulation...just wait see... Greatness Awaits...

Message 2130 of 3,033 (237 Views)