Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Oct 21, 2013
We all want Playstation Home on PS4 but Sony has yet to say anything myself personally will be moving on with it once i get my PS4 for christmas PS if ive posted in this post apologies
Message 1071 of 3,033 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Ps4 home

Oct 22, 2013

mcnichoj wrote:

No one knows if PS4 will have it. Sony has not confirmed or denied the fact, we'll find out soon though.

Why is it that everyone seems to think that Sony is trying to keep this secret?  Sony told us that Home would be on the PS3 before it happen but Sony has never said that it will be on the PS4.  I'm just curisous why there are so many out there that think this way.

Questions that you should be asking your self right now are...  What does Sony have to benefit in keeping this secret?  They spent a long time at E3 telling us all the programs that will be on the PS4 new and old free and paid ones.  But not Home?  Or what about...  If you where Sony would you commit Home for another 10+ years?  Now lets not forget that Home's advertisers have (almost) all tock off.  We also lost a lot of the third party companies in Home after finding out they are not makeing as much money as we thout they where makeing.  Where is Sony going to get there money from?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1072 of 3,033 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Re: Ps4 home

Oct 23, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcnichoj wrote:

No one knows if PS4 will have it. Sony has not confirmed or denied the fact, we'll find out soon though.

Why is it that everyone seems to think that Sony is trying to keep this secret?  Sony told us that Home would be on the PS3 before it happen but Sony has never said that it will be on the PS4.  I'm just curisous why there are so many out there that think this way.

Questions that you should be asking your self right now are...  What does Sony have to benefit in keeping this secret?  They spent a long time at E3 telling us all the programs that will be on the PS4 new and old free and paid ones.  But not Home?  Or what about...  If you where Sony would you commit Home for another 10+ years?  Now lets not forget that Home's advertisers have (almost) all tock off.  We also lost a lot of the third party companies in Home after finding out they are not makeing as much money as we thout they where makeing.  Where is Sony going to get there money from?

The question you should be asking is why not? home is sonys get rich quick sceme. And well it was successfull it pulls in thousands of dollars a day. And what do all companies care about? MONEY! the money speaks for home and the money says yes its coming. Why would they continue to poor content into home and get game deals if they were just gonna end it. Just think about it.

Goodbye home
Message 1073 of 3,033 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

PS4 online will be pay to play, if home...

Oct 25, 2013
Does appear on PS4, will we have to pay the ps+ to to use home (the thread i read says ps4 titles) but would home on PS4 be considered a PS4 title, and if we have to pay monthly then would items still cost, or would every item be free with the paid subscription? I know nobody knows for sure, but what dk you al think?
Message 1074 of 3,033 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PS4 online will be pay to play, if home...

Oct 25, 2013

No it would probably not be pay to play. There are games that will not require Playstation Plus. Most gamers will be getting Plus though given most will want to play real game online multiplayer. 

Message 1075 of 3,033 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Most likely not. Sony already said you'd be able to use basic features/apps without having to pay for it (having Plus). Who in their right mind would even pay for a service to use Home if it was seprate then everything else?

Message 1076 of 3,033 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Oct 25, 2013
As I understand it, services like Netflix and Hulu and free-to-play games like DCUO won't require PS+ to use online. PS Home is considered a service.

The only way we'll know for sure though, is if someone at Sony tells us Home will be on PS4...

Message 1077 of 3,033 (541 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Oct 25, 2013

'Furthermore, free-to-play games won't require PlayStation Plus for online multiplayer. During a separate roundtable Joystiq was present at, Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida said, "As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it's the publisher's decision whether they put it inside or outside of PS Plus."'

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/playstation-plus-price-not-changing-video-services-dont-requir/

Message 1078 of 3,033 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Oct 25, 2013

As to tell netflix & hulu required to pay so i say home will only have payed content crackle is free  btw so i guess home will be free

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 1079 of 3,033 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 1080 of 3,033 (519 Views)