Last Guardian
10878 posts

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

theFuturemembers wrote:

You're forgeting supporting a business that makes dumb decisions.

Not having PS Home on the PS4 would be the EPIC FAIL in just the pure business sense of SONY alone.

So yeah, it will affect my decision.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 and it would show me and thousands more how little SONY cares about loyal customers.

Not everybody has given up on Playstation Home.

Far from it, from what many report, Home is making more money for SONY than any other venue.

There is nothing like Playstation Home on any other console.

(BTW We are talking about Playstation Home here, not the easily hacked 2nd Life on PCs LOL)

1.) When buying a gaming console I am not here to support a company I agree with, or to smite one who I think made a poor choice. Sony employees people much smarter then you and I to make these decisions for them.

2.) Sony sure has. They have not advertised, talked about, or shown off Home since its launch. All of Home's staff have now moved from Home specific roles to "Digital Platform" roles. The writing is clear as day. 

3.) Yup Home is pure profit because they overcharge an inappropriate amount of money for digital goods that cost them $0 to sell. It is nothing but profit. 

4.) This holds no water, if the Xbox came with a built in toaster they could say the same thing, it does not mean its smart to keep it. 

5.) Home has never been the subject of an attack so we don't know how secure it really is, the PSN had a notorious security breach with leaked passwords and personal info if you recall so I wouldn't go bragging that Home is secure. 

@Jim777PS
Message 91 of 3,033 (1,576 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

SUBJECT: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

NEW Posters with their answers to the below questions are always WELCOME!

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

:smileyfrustrated:

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4, yet NOT connectted.

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

:smileyindifferent:

7) How much have you invested in Playstation Home?  Your best guess.

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4.

Back on subject, please take a moment to answer these questions with as much thought and honesty as possible.

Message 92 of 3,033 (1,576 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Jim777 wrote:

theFuturemembers wrote:

You're forgetting supporting a business that makes dumb decisions.

Not having PS Home on the PS4 would be the EPIC FAIL in just the pure business sense of SONY alone.

So yeah, it will affect my decision.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 and it would show me and thousands more how little SONY cares about loyal customers.

Far from it, from what many report, Home is making more money for SONY than any other venue.

There is nothing like Playstation Home on any other console.

(BTW We are talking about Playstation Home here, not the easily hacked 2nd Life on PC's LOL)

1.) When buying a gaming console I am not here to support a company I agree with, or to smite one who I think made a poor choice. Sony employees people much smarter then you and I to make these decisions for them.

2.) Sony sure has. They have not advertised, talked about, or shown off Home since its launch. All of Home's staff have now moved from Home specific roles to "Digital Platform" roles. The writing is clear as day. 

3.) Yup Home is pure profit because they overcharge an inappropriate amount of money for digital goods that cost them $0 to sell. It is nothing but profit. 

4.) This holds no water, if the Xbox came with a built in toaster they could say the same thing, it does not mean its smart to keep it. 

5.) Home has never been the subject of an attack so we don't know how secure it really is, the PSN had a notorious security breach with leaked passwords and personal info if you recall so I wouldn't go bragging that Home is secure. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1) You don't know me, so avoid making statements about my intelligence.  I am not making statements about yours.

2) Sony doesn't need to advertise PS Home, it's already there on the XMB as an Icon, they save money by NOT advertising when clearly every gamer such as yourself already has their stance.

3) So the hours put in by developers, artist and programmers is WORTH $0?  Last I checked the only way something costs nothing to sell is if it COSTS NOTHING TO MAKE.  Digital content does have a cost, it costs TIME, people are PAID to make STUFF that is bought.

4) So PS Home is a "built in toaster" for you?  Have you played PS Home lately at all?  Join the rest of us?

5) The PSN hack last year had nothing to do with Playstation Home, why would it?

Didn't brag about security in Home, simply stated that "2nd Life" is NOT secure by any means.

If you're 13 or new to gaming, either you hear about Home from your friends who game or you check it out yourself.

It isn't like any ads are going to top how your friends affect your decision, especially since it's a social platform, and friends are part of it.  Either you like or hate Home from the get go, Ads at this point are fairly irrelevant until the PS4 launch.

You don't like PS Home, that's obvious.  Let somebody new post here.

Message 93 of 3,033 (1,568 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Jim777 wrote:

theFuturemembers wrote:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The writing is clear as day"

LOL Ok, so because they make a name-change business decision, that means that they are going to stop this profit-stream?

If Home is on the PS4 but is called, say as just an example: "SONY's Digital World", and they transfer everything from Playstation Home, do you think anybody who comments in this forum or who plays Home is really going to care about the name change?

Sure Home will change on the PS4, but you're talking as-if because of a name change, that Home will die with no doubt.

That's absurd.

When the central location name changed (From Central Plaza to the Hub), Home didn't die, but it did change for many who were attached to the past.

The point of this thread is to get various feedback from many people, not argue the finer points.

Message 94 of 3,033 (1,568 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Hey cannon fodder this is not your forum. So chill out...

theFuturemembers wrote:

strider367 wrote:

Oh is skyrim any better on the xbox or the PC? No it isn't have you got a gaming PC I don't think so. I do and it still looks like crap. Uncharted 3 was just the UNC 1 build so that's why it looks like garbage. Hey jerk since you have nothing factual to come back with. You go right to the insults? Can't wait for school to come back so we can get rid of you children...

WAY OFF TOPIC NOW.

You guys go make your own thread if you want to argue the PS3 hardware abilities!

Thank you and have a nice day!

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 95 of 3,033 (1,561 Views)
Last Guardian
10878 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

3) So the hours put in by developers, artist and programmers is WORTH $0? Last I checked the only way something costs nothing to sell ING TO MAKE. Digital content does have a cost, it costs TIME, people are PAID to make STUFF that is bought.

I am saying the cost of selling an item does not cost Sony a dime, unlike physical goods where you pay shipping, packing, processing etc. Yes making the product takes none ybut once its made it wont cost any money to sell. This should result in very low prices as you can quickly make back the cost of developing an item. Also honestly how long do you think it takes anyone to make a Home shirt? Items and spaces sure those are going to take a bit more time but the majority of Home's content is clothing.

4) So PS Home is a "built in toaster" for you? Have you played PS Home lately at all? Join the rest of us?

To me Home is just a failed social platform leaching onto the PS3 by virtue of its ability to make money with very little time and money invested.

If you're 13 or new to gaming, either you hear about Home from your friends who game or you check it out yourself. It isn't like any ads are going to top how your friends affect your decision, especially since it's a social platform, and friends are part of it. Either you like or hate Home from the get go, Ads at this point are fairly irrelevant until the PS4 launch. You don't like PS Home, that's obvious . Let somebody new post here.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here, in no way is it a love it or hate it situation. I love what Home was meant to be, what it was, and what it has the opputunity to be. I don't like what has become and is becoming. And yea its a bit irrelevant, wild speculation like this always is. I don't recall saying I don't like Home but whatever, I have not stopped or discouraged anyone else from posting.

strider367 wrote:

Hey cannon fodder this is not your forum. So chill out...

Cannon Fodder is not his name its his forum rank, his PSN is theFuturemembers. Also he was telling you that you where off topic, and you where, and to do so goes against the rules. You dont come to the Home forums to argue about hardware and Skryim. 

@Jim777PS
Message 96 of 3,033 (1,703 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Threatened because someone you perceive as new does not agree with the handling of this thread that they started?

Spare me from the arrogant bs, strider, there are plenty of "turfs" in the real world and online that are not mine NOR yours.

Just because I'm "cannon fodder" here, doesn't make me wrong.

And just because it isn't my turf doesn't mean I'm going to be a coward and not speak my mind about a subject that MANY MANY people who PLAY HOME deserve an ANSWER to.

Even if that answer can not be found here, at least SONY can get a better idea of how people really feel about Home.

BTW, strider, I am chill, more-so than somebody who gets off-topic so easy.  And no, it's not my forum, but it is my thread, and you don't own it.

So either post something that relates to the questions or.....

Chill Out yourself and stop trying to exert some false-power over somebody who could care less about whether or not their title is "cannon-fodder".

The world is much bigger than this small arena strider.

Do you care what happens on the Playstation 4 to Playstation Home? 

Or are you more worried about your perceived status in a forum?

Wake up.

Message 97 of 3,033 (1,693 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Thank you Jim.

But I wish more NEW people would post here, that is the point.

I did not make this thread for kudos, rep or whatever silly social-status that people hold so dear on various forums.

I made it for one reason:

The future of Playstation Home or whatever it might be called.

And I do hope more DIFFERNET people post their responses in this thread.

Thank you all for your responses and have a good night, I've had enough.

Message 98 of 3,033 (1,690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Re: SUBJECT: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

theFuturemembers wrote:

NEW Posters with their answers to the below questions are always WELCOME!

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?  ......... YES

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

:smileyfrustrated:  NO

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? U mean I wud have to start over. If so, No PS4

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

No, I wudn't buy the PS4

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home? NO

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4, yet NOT connectted. YES, in that case I'll sell one of my two PS3's, n buy one Xbox 720

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

:smileyindifferent:Neither, My preference wud be that Sony shrivel up, and from then on all their Sushi wud be undercooked Smiley Happy

omg, zord ? samolians ? real money ... idk $1000.00 ??

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4.

Back on subject, please take a moment to answer these questions with as much thought and honesty as possible. ............  Good Job, Future

I mean, down here, i should say, good job, Future Smiley Happy

nice survey, well done

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 99 of 3,033 (1,688 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 12, 2012

theFuturemembers wrote:

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

Yes, everybody deserves to know.

Yes, but I would not be willing to join another version of Home if they stiff us on this one.

Smiley Frustrated

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

I don't understand exactly what you are asking here.  You mean if we have to start over?  If so, I wouldn't be happy about that.

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL obligation to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

Yes.  That would be nice of them.

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

Lol, not really, no.

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4.

Wouldn't make any difference to me.

Unique rewards for veterans are always appreciated.

Smiley Indifferent

Over $2000 easily.

If you are going to be negative about Playstation Home in this thread, make sure that you state an approximate amount of how much that you have spent in Playstation Home, including your parents and/or friends credit card(s), if that applies for you.  Those who spend little to nothing on Playstation Home are welcome in this discussion, but keep in mind that many many people do spend a lot on Playstation Home, and for even those of you who don't, but still play PS Home, you do have rewards that you spent your time earning, so everybody here has a right to know or at least help Sony and the future of Home know how we feel and what we expect and/or would like to see if/when PS Home is on the Playstation 4.

Message 100 of 3,033 (1,662 Views)