Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
Its just funny King. Here you are on a thread about Home on the PS4 talking about a newer VR World. In the link I provided above I had started an entire thread on that such idea which you stated was not possible and would not happen. So in essence you are an off topic hypocrite for one. And the question I had which was RIGHT ABOVE yours (you know the things with these '?' they are called question marks) was again I will ask. Why even post? You dont want nor think Home will be on the PS4 in any way and have stated so in many ways. Why even post?

I think, your having a hard time with your vocabulary smokingpistol.  If you re-read from that same link that you posted.  I asked you.  "What is a "new and improved Home"? " and your answer was.

 


smokingpistol wrote:
I am talking about a new version of Home for the PS4 King.

 A newer what?  Version!  As I said before a newer "version" of Home would be a Home2.  It's not possible to have a Home2 when the Home that we have now is still in open beta.  I don't think it has ever been done before but they could make the same Home that we have now work on both PS3 & PS4.

 

Now what I've been talking about is "if" Sony made something new just for PS4 users.  A new VR world would work better Sony would then be able to tap into the newer PS4 technology.  An example of this would be make a VR world for "Project Morpheus"

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 2361 of 3,033 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

Mar 19, 2014
You are mind numbingly frustrating. You run every thing in circles. You are hung up on names. So a new version of Home is possible just dont call it Home?!?! Thats your point?!!?!

Support Forums
Message 2362 of 3,033 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
You are mind numbingly frustrating. You run every thing in circles. You are hung up on names. So a new version of a VR wrold  Home is possible just dont call it Home?!?! Thats your point?!!?!


lol, you are right and wrong.  But for the most part yes your right.

 

Think of a book for this example I'll use "Harry Potter" what would be a newer "version" of that book be?  Every book you list would be about Harry Potter and they would all be by the same author.  But!  Is the "Wizard of Oz" the same version as Harry Potter?  The answer is NO!

 

I don't know why but people on Home don't seem to understand what a "Vrtual Reality world" is?   As soon as you start talking about one they jump right to Home.  There are all kinds of VR wrolds out there and yes Home is one to but don't be afraid to try another one.  When I talk about making something new for the PS4 everyone thinks it has to be Home.

 

Would this new VR world be a "Version" of anything?  No...  The only way it could be a version of anything is if it's a newer copy of something that was made from the past.  Just like the Harry Potter series would not be a newer version of the Wizard of Oz.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 2363 of 3,033 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/05/2013
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: A New PS Home

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

Dude really, legally Sony can do what ever the hell they want. Home is their IP. That's like saying Sony can't make another revision of the PS4 hardware because it would be illegal. Your way off dude. Sony can do whatever they want with their IPs, they have all legal right to make Home V2 or Home 2.0, with Home Beta still running on PS3. To say that can't is just ludicrous and show your lack of knowledge when it come to the legality of privately owned intellectual properties.

Now on to the whole, there has never been a "VR World" on last gen and next gen at the same time .... Maybe not. But considering most as you put it "VR Worlds" (I will correct you here it's actually considered "Virtual World" ) have only been on PC / MAC, then your argument about this is invalid. As there really isn't any last gen or next gen when it comes to computers. (I know what I'm talking about worked in the IT field for over 15 years, and as far as Virtual Worlds been involved with them since the start way back when we were building them in VRML and using a proprietary browser to access them.) Anyways your whole argument is invalid and laden with incorrect terminology, and facts. Before you post such nonsense make sure that"

  1. You know what you are talking about
  2. Not making personal assumptions.
  3. Pushing your own wants and needs onto other players / gamers who actually do want Home to be brought over to PS4.

Everytime I see a topic about Home for PS4 you always come off with the nonsense about the legalities of it, and how you don't want it. Keep your assumptions about legality and you own opinions to yourself when someone asks a legitimate question.

 

As to if Sony will bring Home to PS4 that is up for debate, as they have not said if they will or not.

Many in the Home community want this to happen, considering the amount of time and money that the players have put into it, and would like to be able to continue  on the new hardware.

 

I myself would love to see Sony bring Home to the PS4 since the hardware is a lot more beefier than the PS4 obviously, but better performance, and optimizations that would come with it being on better hardware and software.

Message 2364 of 3,033 (291 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/06/2012
Offline
10644 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014
Immerse that burned area in cold water as soon as possible.
@King0fHearts2007
Message 2365 of 3,033 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: A New PS Home

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

CTLz79 wrote:

Dude really, legally Sony can do what ever the hell they want. Home is their IP. That's like saying Sony can't make another revision of the PS4 hardware because it would be illegal. Your way off dude. Sony can do whatever they want with their IPs, they have all legal right to make Home V2 or Home 2.0, with Home Beta still running on PS3. To say that can't is just ludicrous and show your lack of knowledge when it come to the legality of privately owned intellectual properties.

Now on to the whole, there has never been a "VR World" on last gen and next gen at the same time .... maybe not. But considering most as you put it "VR Worlds" (I will correct you here it's actually considered "Virtual World" ) have only been on PC / MAC, then your argument about this is invalid. As there really isn't any last gen or next gen when it comes to computers. (I know what I'm talking about worked in the IT field for over 15 years, and as far as Virtual Worlds been involved with them since the start way back when we were building them in VRML and using a proprietary browser to access them.) Anyways your whole argument is invalid and laden with incorrect terminology, and facts. Before you post such nonsense make sure that"

  1. You know what you are talking about
  2. Not making personal assumptions.
  3. Pushing your own wants and needs onto other players / gamers who actually do want Home to be brought over to PS4.

Everytime I see a topic about Home for PS4 you always coe off with the nonsense about the legalities of it, and how you don't want it. Keep your assumptions about legality and you own opinions to yourself when someone asks a legitimate question.

 

As to if Sony will bring Home to PS4 that is up for debate, as they have not said if they will or not.

Many in the Home community want this to happen, considering the amout of time and money that the players have put into it, and would like to be able to continue  on the new hardware.

 

I myself would love to se Sony bring Home to the PS4 since the hardware is alot more beefier thanthe PS4 obviously, but better performance, and optimizations that would come with it being on better hardware and software.


You didn't read my post correctly.

  1. In my post I was talking about there has never been a beta out before a 2nd version of ANY program.  If I'm wrong show me.  So your argument that there have only been a small level of VR worlds goes out the window.  I'm talking about OS's like Windows, E-mail like Gmail any apps or games.
  2. You are also wrong about Sony can do what ever they want.  You see the reason Home is still in a beta is due to all the bugs, glitches & exploits that are in Home right now.  Sony has a reputation to uphold and it looks bad for them to say this is what our completed Home looks like with all that junk in it.

I'm also sorry but you also only have 9 posts so this is mostlikely not your reall account.  I'm also a Programmer it's a little higher up then a low level IT.  Smiley Tongue

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 2366 of 3,033 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/05/2013
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: A New PS Home

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014
  1. This is my REAL account.
  2. You are mistaken, look at a lot of the PC security suites that are released in the world, as well as office applications, many are released as beta and have onward running betas (Not Security or Office related, but look @ Winamp and Mediamonkey especially the latter as they always have betas that run before and after current stable versions, hell even Linux is run this way most of the time.)
  3. And if your a programmer prove it, because your lack of knowledge in the fields of Intellectual Property, which if you are a programmer you obviously have never had a piece of code published. (Since any programmer would know about such things as to protect ones code from being used in the manner which it was designed.

And on your little slam of me being IT, I also hold degrees and certs in network topology, and network security. So yeah guess who tells you when your crappy code breaks something when it comes to a systems security, or the security of a network enviroment?? I do.

 

Keep spreading the FUD buddy. you're just digging the hole deeper.

Message 2367 of 3,033 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/06/2012
Offline
10644 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

Mod edit: link removed - Winter_Orchid
User edit: ^hahahaha they removed my rick roll too. We even now jada?
Message 2368 of 3,033 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: A New PS Home

Mar 19, 2014

CTLz79 wrote:
  1. This is my REAL account.
  2. You are mistaken, look at a lot of the PC security suites that are released in the world, as well as office applications, many are released as beta and have onward running betas (Not Security or Office related, but look @ Winamp and Mediamonkey especially the latter as they always have betas that run before and after current stable versions, hell even Linux is run this way most of the time.)
  3. And if your a programmer prove it, because your lack of knowledge in the fields of Intellectual Property, which if you are a programmer you obviously have never had a piece of code published. (Since any programmer would know about such things as to protect ones code from being used in the manner which it was designed.

And on your little slam of me being IT, I also hold degrees and certs in network topology, and network security. So yeah guess who tells you when your crappy code breaks something when it comes to a systems security, or the security of a network enviroment?? I do.

 

Keep spreading the FUD buddy. you're just digging the hole deeper.


  1. I don't believe you and I don't care
  2. I'm not playing this game.  If you can name a program that the first version never came out of a beta and they made a 2nd full version then name it!  Then post a link to back up what you say...  C'mon man your an IT remember?
  3. No!  Why should I?  You have yet to back up one thing you said...  Smiley LOL

I have to say you shock me as a IT.  Winamp Version 1.006 was released June 7, 1997 Yes it was a beta first then it was a full Version on June 7, 1997.  This was also before the 2nd version came out.  Winamp was NOT a beta version at this time so you are WRONG! 

 

Mediamonkey, was first named Songs-DB it  came out of beta on October 12, 2001 then it got renamed MediaMonkey 2.  So once again it was a full version before they made a 2nd.

 

Linux?  Really?  lol, man your an IT and your using Linux as a example?  Linux should be your holy bible you should know everything about it.  Linux 101 is Linux is an open source software.  Yes, it had a beta but not like other programs it also came out

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 2369 of 3,033 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/29/2011
Offline
1633 posts
 

Re: A New PS Home

Mar 19, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
I don't believe you and I don't care

 

 

 

 

 


The new trend with alt-accounts is apparently purchasing a subscription of PS Plus on them these days. Makes the deception more convincing, right?

Message 2370 of 3,033 (231 Views)