Sackboy
488 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Nov 19, 2013

When we first saw Home we saw alot of neat stuff.  However not all came to be due to technical limitations not all came to be exactally what we  hope.  With the power of PS4 stronger network and power of cloud I believe it could be way better than what we saw at E3 all thoes years ago.  

Message 1361 of 3,033 (616 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Nov 19, 2013

LindaSmith2006 wrote:
I spoke to someone at Sony last week for a issue with my ps4 and asked just this question what's going to happen to Home on the ps4 . I was told home was initial made for hardcore gamers and they ended up having more social players and older people so they didn't reach the target market . The ps4 I was told is a gaming machine and at a meeting they were told Home wasn't coming to the ps4.

Well, I just had to finally know.  So I too, just now, called Sony at 1-800-345-7669, option 2, option 1 (1 gets you to talk to someone about the PS4).

Unfortunately and very sadly, Linda is bang on!  At first, the person wasn't 100% and said that they haven't had a meeting on this subject.
I explained that it's been too long that Sony has been so silent on this subject.  So I boldly asked her if she would as around where she works to see if anyone else had the answer.
When she came back, she informed that she talked to her manager and that her manager confirmed very clearly that Sony has indicated that HOME will  "NEVER" make it to the PS4.  I told her that it's rediculous that Sony would actually push out a new device like the PS4 and sure, while having superior hardware to the PS3, actually remove features that people like.  She totally agreed and in fact, she doesn't get why Sony has said not to home on PS4 as well as removing the Media center features.
So, there we have it!  Two of us have called and got the answer.
I told her that Sony's move has caused them to lose a lot of customers.  I suggested that I'd post this here and hope to get LOTS of people calling Sony at  1-800-345-7669, option 2, option 1 and push for an answerPLEASE DO THIS, EVERYONE WHO IS UPSET BY HOME NOT BEING ON PS4.. PLEASE!
WARNING!  you probably will get someone who says they don't know or can't say. INSIST that it's time for Sony to be honest and INSIST that they talk to their manager to get the answer (be really nice though... none of this is fault of the employees at all).
Then, once you get the answer (no matter what they try to say), ask them to register your call and send you an email so that you can reply to the survey of service.
At the bottom of the form is a place for comments.  These are the comments read by Sony highers-up.
I recommend letting Sony know how annoyed you are with their decision and this will affect your future purchases with Sony products of all kinds.  Even if you don't mean it.  Smiley Surprised
She agreed that if thousands of people make comments that Sony will actually see (the people in Sony who count and can make the decision makers change their minds), then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, Sony will see the foolishness of their decision.
She was really nice to deal with and I teased that she just saved me $800 plus tax.  The thing is, I wasn't joking.  Now for SURE I'm not buying a PS4 at all.  It's bad enough HOME is gone, but the media access features too?  NO WAY.

Sony at  1-800-345-7669, option 2, option 1 and push for an answerPLEASE DO THIS, EVERYONE WHO IS UPSET BY HOME NOT BEING ON PS4.. PLEASE!

Message 1362 of 3,033 (597 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Watch this thread be closed up now that the cat's out of the bag
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 1363 of 3,033 (583 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Nov 19, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
Watch this thread be closed up now that the cat's out of the bag

I think it's more likely that some people in customer service will get a "talking to" for disseminating information that Sony has not officially commented on. I doubt most of these customer service people for the PS4 (or their managers) even know what Home is -- which says a lot about Sony and their customer service training when you think about it.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 1364 of 3,033 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Well they already lost 1 buyer of ps4 xbox is starting to look better and better, and ill make a call to sony as well to vaerify, and make finally decision on the xbox, how can sony go so far down hill :/
Message 1365 of 3,033 (545 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Seriously so much money wasted wow what am I gonna do with all this extra money I'm gonna have lmao thanks sony you just saved me money SERIOUSLY, maybe I can get that corvette stingray now. Thanks again see you on xbox btw
Message 1366 of 3,033 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I know for sure I wont be buying a ps4 now. Thanks a lot for the dissapointment Sony.

Message 1367 of 3,033 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 19, 2013

not buying a ps 4 because home is not on it thats best y'all can come up with i like home to but it's not gonna stop me from making my console choice and enjoying my games for y'all who love home y'all sure want to see it's downfall how do we know what the person said on the phone is true anyway >> and again  i love home to maybe one day it'll be on 4 one can only hope

Message 1368 of 3,033 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 19, 2013
Recent reports here in my Canadian city on the radio have indicated that over 400 calls have been placed about faulty PS4s not being able to function online and working only briefly before powering down. Sony apparently is aware and are pushing a fix soon but Im so happy I didnt get a release model. Some things never change eh Sony? Maybe its best to watch this next generation from the sidelines. At least for now.
Support Forums
Message 1369 of 3,033 (410 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Rage_104 wrote:

When we first saw Home we saw alot of neat stuff.  However not all came to be due to technical limitations not all came to be exactally what we  hope.  With the power of PS4 stronger network and power of cloud I believe it could be way better than what we saw at E3 all thoes years ago.  

That is how Home failed.  I know more of you out there are not Programmers or Inventors...  But, let my give you a tip if you want to make something or invent something that people want to buy you have to make it "unique".  The first idea of Home was very unique and something NO ONE has ever seen before.  But, Home got stuck in Closed Beta and that gave other VR worlds time to catch up to what Sony was doing with Home.  Then Sony keep Home in Open Beta and that stunted its growth.  NO ONE wants to invest into a beta.

If Sony took there original idea Home would be doing so much better right now.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1370 of 3,033 (571 Views)