I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Re: I got my PS4 today & Home not on there.

Nov 14, 2013

CaptainBateson wrote:
Thanks for sharing! Have fun with it ! Home shmome you shouldn't let that ruin your experience

Thank you, CaptainBateson! I am having fun with it but the lack of Home so far definitely removes the sense of community that I so enjoyed on the PS3. For me, the PS3's community was amazing. Even if we had different opinions, there was still that sense of community unlike any other system. At the time and for at least for the foreseeable future, PS3 will remain the only console that has that special feeling of community and togetherness that Home provides.

Message 1261 of 3,033 (397 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Nov 14, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

macediggity wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Sorry to intrude, but take away all the "My item is broken, Home is down/up, look at this thing to throw money at this week" posts/threads and you'll have a more realistic number than what's shown there.

Chad I  do understand where your coming from with this comment ...... but superfluous, redundant information that it may be it is still activity. Discussion, on a "discussion board" is still "discussion". 

I couldn't have picked better adjectives myself. Maybe that's why I don't participate around here that often anymore. I just dont see it as actual discussion.

I'm surprised none of you aren't up in arms over this, a lot of you have poured time and money into this service. Its clearly not going next gen. Do you all believe you aren't entitled to an answer? We're individuals, not zombies.

thankfuly for me, Home died a while ago, so the fact that there is no word on whats to come doesnt bother me. and i know quite a few people who feel the same way.

Message 1262 of 3,033 (383 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 14, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

macediggity wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Sorry to intrude, but take away all the "My item is broken, Home is down/up, look at this thing to throw money at this week" posts/threads and you'll have a more realistic number than what's shown there.

Chad I  do understand where your coming from with this comment ...... but superfluous, redundant information that it may be it is still activity. Discussion, on a "discussion board" is still "discussion". 

I couldn't have picked better adjectives myself. Maybe that's why I don't participate around here that often anymore. I just dont see it as actual discussion.

I'm surprised none of you aren't up in arms over this, a lot of you have poured time and money into this service. Its clearly not going next gen. Do you all believe you aren't entitled to an answer? We're individuals, not zombies.

thankfuly for me, Home died a while ago, so the fact that there is no word on whats to come doesnt bother me. and i know quite a few people who feel the same way.

The fact that it isn't on the PS4 doesn't bother me. What's bothering me is the lack of response on the entire subject. Someone knows SOMETHING and refuses to tell its consumer base what's going on.

Another thing that's itching my side is the lack of passion on peoples' behalf for an answer. I see a lot of "Oh we'll know in a year or so, Home wasn't on the PS3 at launch". One would think that's a legitimate argument but Home wasn't even a thing on the PS2. Home's here now on the PS3 and were going next gen. We deserve an official response, a "yes or no" would suffice at this point. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 1263 of 3,033 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

Thanks for confirming that the Home icon isn't on the PS4 GreyNeo. Finding it there would have been a nice surprise, but I doubt whether many people seriously expected to find it there.

Message 1264 of 3,033 (370 Views)
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Nov 14, 2013

SKuLL-_-KaNdY_ wrote:

Thanks for letting us know GreyNeo .I would think tho that if PSHome was ever going to b on there, Sony would have put it there. They had the time & tech to do it (again I'm guessing)...I'm done tho -_- ...if that's how Sony wants to play ball. In total between this account and my diamond_zombie acct i spent over $2,000.00 in the last year & half (& im sure that's not enuff $ that they will actually miss me  in the future). I wont spend a penny more...however i don't regret the $ spent..falling down that PSHome rabbit hole was an experience like no other lol...TY for the memories but this rat is jumping the sinking ship -the ship which in the end had no loyalty to this portion of it's users.  I've set free my dolphy & fish, took a bow, blew a kiss & waved.

-final thought ..some1 awhile back brought up the point that Sony's refusal to let us kno if it was going to b on the PS4 was a last ditch $ grab...well it worked.  & now that the public is pretty certain Home isn't continuing (IMHO), the numbers r going to drop at an alarming rate despite what the talented Developers have planned. 

Your very welcome for the information, SKuLL-_-KaNdY_! I hope you don't leave, Home is still here and Home is still alive. I completely understand how you feel. I like you have spent a small fortune on Home but the memories and fun I had more then make up for the monetary impact.

Home is not going anywhere, any time soon on the PS3 so there is no reason to jump ship. I'd hate to see good people like you that help make Home the wonderful place that is it, disappear from the community.

This has been Home's most profitable year but the year is not over. They maybe basing they're decision to put Home on the PS4 based on this year's profits. Keep in mind, Home in the Asian regions had become nearly ghost towns. So its no surprise they began ceasing content for those regions. EU and NA have been booming this year. And have seen a push in content and support.

Is it possible they're squeezing out every last dime they can? Of course it is, this a business and it's one of the products. But if Home was not making money and didn't have a thriving community, Sony would have announced 'We are ceasing new content', just like they did in JP and HK.

Good Luck either way! I for one still hope to see you in Home. Woman Very Happy

Message 1265 of 3,033 (348 Views)
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Nov 15, 2013

magicmix13 wrote:
Congratulations for winning the PS4, GreyNeo. From the information you have given so far, I'm starting to look more forward to getting mine and checking it out. Thank you. PS3 and Home are still alive and well too, and I'm not leaving them anytime soon either.

Thank you very much, magicmix13! I appreciate your post! Glad you found the info useful. I'm not going anywhere either lol!

Message 1266 of 3,033 (341 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Nov 15, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

I hope you'll gain some entertainment out of playing the PlayStation 4, GreyNeo. Sure we're all disappointed that Home didn't make its way on the PS4 at launch, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the new console at a later point because it will have its place. Just relax and let's enjoy for what the PS3 and PS4 has to offer for all of us gamers.

Anyways, enjoy your new console.

Thank you, younginflavor18! I completely agree with you in every way. I definitely will continue to enjoy both consoles they're sitting side by side! Woman Very Happy

Message 1267 of 3,033 (439 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Why has our community management not chimed in on this conversation? I mean seriously its been moved twice, so we know they are reading it. But yet nothing, not even a congratulations to the winner of a bran new ps4? This to me just makes me feel like they know something and are either not allowed to comment, or just plain scared to do so. Which is pathetic no matter which way you look at it. As for home I'm on it till its gone, but my financial support, which isn't a lot lately anyways do to the lack of game related content, just got cut in half along with my heart. Don't just sit there, be a freaking man and say something. A lot of these people have supported home for years, and your not even going to congratulate them on following you to next gen?

Big wigs, give the guy the ok to just say yes or no already, your hurting yourself more by avoiding the question than you would be to just say no. Makes you look like a company full of cowards.
Message 1268 of 3,033 (438 Views)
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Nov 15, 2013

British14112013 wrote:

Hopefully Playstation Home will be on PS4 on launch day

That would be wonderful if that happen!

Message 1269 of 3,033 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Congratulations on winning your PS4 GreyNeo that is such a rockstar way to ring in the next gen. Thank you also for telling us whether Home is on the new PS4 dash. I figured as much it would not be, and in fact I am rather happy it is not there for selfish reasons. I am not going to be an early adopter of the new system but may buy one around Christmas so if it were there I would be kicking myself for missing out. I firmly believe that Home will have a future in a new form on the PS4, but it will take time, possibly years before the new userbase is large enough to warrant a launch. I hope that when and if that day comes I will receive an invite as I have been on Home nearly daily for 5 years spending money weekly and being the most informed customer I can try to be. I love Home and the fun it has gave, and I expect nay demand the higher ups take stock of the history this app has and the money spent to make it all happen, and the millions of people who have been involved worldwide since its beginning. If it does not come, then so be it, but that would be giving up on so much potential. Do it Sony. It may not make sense, but if done right, it could make dollars. Serious dollars. Lay the foundations again and they will come. I will and if its worth it Ill bring my wallet, and my friends.
Support Forums
Message 1270 of 3,033 (432 Views)