Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Sep 24, 2013

VIKING5GRL wrote:

This gives me hope that HOME wil be on PS4.. Has anyone else seen this?

http://dlb-network.com/?s=ps+home+on+ps4

Just saw this was already discussed a few pages back, Sorry bout that! May or may not be fake but a girl can hope, right?

Message 881 of 3,033 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Enough people including the media have seen and used the new PS4 with it's new xmb interface. If Home were an icon or selection on that interface we'd all know about it from the professional journalists. 

Message 882 of 3,033 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

Just wondering out loud is anyone from Sony even sees this stuff or other stuff on the net of what people want.

If HOME is on PS4 and is the same HOME as PS3 (can join friends and locations the same), then I'd buy a PS4 next year. 

But if no HOME, then I'd NEVER buy one.

And then, once the PS3 stops being supported, I'd just give up on Sony altogether.

I wonder if others feel the same way.

I'd just be REALLY unhappy if Sony pulled a fast one and totally got rid of HOME and said, OH WELL, all the $$$ you spent for items on HOME, too bad, too sad.  VERY unhapy.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 883 of 3,033 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Lets look at it this way then guys. Would you announce PS Home on the PS4 if the network that it will all be on isn't even going to be running til next year. There is an article from IGN that says, it was announced during the Tokyo Game Show, that the new network that the PS4 is suppose to be using, is not going to be out til 2014. So, if the network that a program is suppose to be running on isn't going to be ready til then, would you announce anything at this time? I think not. Also, those images of PS Home are real, it is showing up more and more on the internet, and with that youtube video, how can any deny this is real. Again, lets have patience and have faith.

Message 884 of 3,033 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

cajun4life wrote:

would you announce anything at this time? I think not.

Yes, because they are losing customers every day they remain silent... How many JP users are ever going to trust Sony again regarding Home?  Seriously, if Sony really does have plans to continue Home, even on the PS3 they are doing the absolute worst job possible communicating that to their paying customers and losing them in the process.  That isn't exactly a brilliant business strategy.

Also, in case some may have forgotten, especially those who say Sony is "keeping their future plans for Home a secret from their competitors", they were heavily promoting Home over a year before it even whet into Closed Beta, and in fact couldn't stop talking about it and sharing updates long before the service even went live (so clearly they were not at all worried about competitors) - and if EVER there was a time for a company to worry about competitors its BEFORE a product is released... Let alone simply continued.... and Sony was right not to worry about their competitors and neither Nintendo nor Microsoft offered anything like Home then or now.

The reality is that Sony largely stopped caring about Home two years ago, and by most reasonable estimates there are so few active paying customers left in Home that Sony likely simply doesn't care what happens with Home... Why else would they stop allowing any new content to be published in JP if it was in any way a decent money maker for them.... after all their only cost was the man hours to authorize publication (as they clearly spend very little on QA).

For those that say the fact that NA & EU still get content and Sony is still updating and adding features to Home as an indicator that they absolutely wont shutdown Home.  The fact is so far all the updates they have made were promoted by our Sony rep months ago and were likely still in the pipeline.  Also Sony is likely largely obligated to offer some minimum level of support under the terms of the license agreements that have with some of the current devs... But maybe you should ask these devs if Sony is renewing these license agreements?  You might get an eye opening response.

The fact that they never removed the Beta tag years ago was the first of many signs that Sony had largely abandoned hope for Home to be a successful product.

Enjoy it while it lasts, but if you really think Home is going to make it on the PS4 let alone be releasing new content a year from now, I suggest you don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

I hope Home continues and this is just another example of how terrible Sony is at managing Home and communicating with their customers, but at this point I think they are probably doing the right thing for themselves, and just staying silent until the content spigot is turned off.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 885 of 3,033 (366 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 24, 2013

".... I suggest you don't bet what you can't afford to lose."

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at.  I've only been bitten by the bug for just over 1 month, so haven't spent a whole lot.

I justified spending anything as "entertainment dollars".  I figured, I'd spend way more going to a bar on 1  Fri or Sat night that I'd spend on HOME in a month.  In going to a bar, well, you know where the $$ end up! LOL  Smiley Very Happy

That being said, I think I'll be smart  now and not spend any more $$ at all (unless a realy cool dance move or btch slap comes out)  LOL  Smiley LOL

But for sure, 100%, I WILL NOT BUY A PS4 EVERRRR if there's no HOME.  I've only REALLY been on home for a few months as I was playing only 3D games and didn't thnk HOME was much.  BUT, and I'm not sure why, one day, I discovered HOME for what it really was and got hooked.

So if it does on the PS3, well.... then I'm done.

Message 886 of 3,033 (347 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:

".... I suggest you don't bet what you can't afford to lose."

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at.  I've only been bitten by the bug for just over 1 month, so haven't spent a whole lot.

I justified spending anything as "entertainment dollars".  I figured, I'd spend way more going to a bar on 1  Fri or Sat night that I'd spend on HOME in a month.  In going to a bar, well, you know where the $$ end up! LOL  Smiley Very Happy

That being said, I think I'll be smart  now and not spend any more $$ at all (unless a realy cool dance move or btch slap comes out)  LOL  Smiley LOL

But for sure, 100%, I WILL NOT BUY A PS4 EVERRRR if there's no HOME.  I've only REALLY been on home for a few months as I was playing only 3D games and didn't thnk HOME was much.  BUT, and I'm not sure why, one day, I discovered HOME for what it really was and got hooked.

So if it does on the PS3, well.... then I'm done.

I kind of wish I was in your position where I came in late, after all the major features were added, all the content was there and all the most interested users remain. Unfortunately that's not how I roll. I'm a pretty hardcore virtual worlder.

The advice I always give to someone is to "live" it up how you do - come in after the major work is done, there's enough people and spend only enough to make sure you have a couple of good outfits for most occasions.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 887 of 3,033 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Yeah, I hear ya, Ed..  It was funny too.  I've had this PS3 for just over 2 years.  I was SOOO obsessed with Motorstorm Apolcalypes in 3D. I literally played that, usually on Fri and Sat. days/night for up to 17 hours!  CRAZY!!!  I was hooked.

I had gone into home, but as many have mentioned, all I saw then was drama queens and stupid young idiots who were just there to bash others to somehow make themselves feel superior. So I rarely went in. Plus, I did have the attitude that someone has to be crazy to spend real money in there.

I'm not sure what the turning point was, but I think it was going to one location and having way too much fun taking down the fools!  Smiley LOL  and by fools, I mean, those racists, homophobes and generally bigotted people who were there to do nothing but try to ruin people's fun.

From there, it escalated and I got hooked.  Even did the buy a club thing, furniture, clothes, OMG, MAKE ME STOP!  ROFL  Smiley Very Happy

But actually, Sony has now made me stop.  Until I learn that I haven't wasted our $$$, I'm spending no more.

I could see me being, like you, a major worlder.  It is fun, because while some of those bashers like to say, IT'S JUST A GAME, the reality is, how they act on home is exactly how they act in R/L.

Message 888 of 3,033 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2928 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:
*snip*

I could see me being, like you, a major worlder.  It is fun, because while some of those bashers like to say, IT'S JUST A GAME, the reality is, how they act on home is exactly how they act in R/L.

Or worse yet, they fake being a better person in real life. Home - where they are anonymous - is where their real character shows up.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 889 of 3,033 (303 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Sep 25, 2013

cajun4life wrote:

Lets look at it this way then guys. Would you announce PS Home on the PS4 if the network that it will all be on isn't even going to be running til next year. There is an article from IGN that says, it was announced during the Tokyo Game Show, that the new network that the PS4 is suppose to be using, is not going to be out til 2014. So, if the network that a program is suppose to be running on isn't going to be ready til then, would you announce anything at this time? I think not. Also, those images of PS Home are real, it is showing up more and more on the internet, and with that youtube video, how can any deny this is real. Again, lets have patience and have faith.

There's really no reason to hold back if they really have plans for Home on the PS4. Right now, Home is a sinking ship. Do you think it's wise till you wait till the last minute to announce the ship isn't sinking when everyone went overboard? There's nothing new to present for Home from it's competitiers, and it is pretty much limited since it needs to support the PS3 so it can't really go further then it is right now, so why keep it a secret? Unless the secret was the ending date of Home. In that case, then Sony probably wants to keep it till the last minute so users will spend money.

The network your probably refering to is Gaikai, the cloud based gaming that lets you play PS, PS2, and PS3 games on the cloud. This is completely a standalone service and is coming in 2014 and is said to be running on PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.

And the image is fake. That image was out early this year saying he made it with photoshop. And the person who made that presentation was a lazy **bleep** that got his source from the internet and mistakenly took that photoshop image and though it was real and presented it. 

Having hope is a good thing, but you also need to look at reality and see what's true and what's not.

Message 890 of 3,033 (281 Views)