Fender Bender
3198 posts

Re: Why Home CANT Be On PS4

Sep 13, 2013

I am lost, but I would love to see more games give you stuff in home. Like Infamous 1 giving you Cole's costume if you have a game save data or White Knight Chronicles gaving you the knight costume if you got the platinum. Those were really cool.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 871 of 3,033 (444 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Sep 13, 2013

You got spanked. Believe me I know how it feels.

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Pyra

Okay Pyra...I do not wish to enter into another heated arguement with you. I clearly remember the last time. LOL

To make the community happy, I will delete the OP. It's clear to me that everyone misintrepreted my intentions. All I was asking was, what technical limitations would prevent Home from being on the PS4? I wasnt asking if Home WOULD be on the PS4, why or when. I just wanted to know why it COULDNT be done, without fishing thru pre existing threads and hundreds of comments to get my answers. Apparently, very few of you can address and answer the question, anyway...without trolling or derailing. 

So the next time someone asks me why Home cant be put on the PS4, I guess im gonna say "IDK man...go look thru the dozens of Home On PS4 threads on the forums and sort thru the hundreds of pages of comments in each one, until you can piece together an adequate answer."

_wsb_392x260_021010_1719_0024_lsms.jpg

Message 872 of 3,033 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

PLEASE NOTE:  THIS IS ADDRESSED MORE DIRECTLY TO SONY CORP TO GET A DEFINITIVE ANSWER.  NOT LOOKING FOR OPINIONS OR REPLIES FROM PEOPLE WHO, LIKE ME, REALY DO NOT KNOW AND ONLY HAVE PERSONAL OPINIONS.  Smiley Very Happy

The negative comments are really annoying.  Ok, fine, not everyone likes or uses HOME, we get that.

But there are a lot of us liking and using HOME.

Personally, I've only started using home over the last few months.  Sure, I went there before, but didn't catch the bug for it at that time.

But then, I really got into it.  It's now a way to relax after a hard day's work.  And even though I have been spending money on there, I justify it by it actually saving me money by me not going out on the weekends spending 5X the amount I spend on HOME and NO HANGOVERS!!!  Smiley Very Happy Ok, FINE.... that part may not be true!  Smiley Wink

That being said, I AM one of the ones who loves HOME and would be very unhappy to see it go totally.  In fact, that would cause me to sell the 2, PS3's we have (yes, we bought a 2nd one a month ago, just to enjoy HOME together).

So I wish Sony would just come out and say a simple YES or NO if the PS4 will either have it's own HOME network.  Or if Sony developers will build an "interpreter"  for the PS4 so it will connect and use the same HOME servers that the PS3 uses.

I am aware that HOME for PS3 will not work natively on PS4 due to complete architecture differences.

But, if Sony says YES, there will be a PS4 home  AND that all the stuff you’ve purchased (homes, clubs, furniture, clothing, decorations, etc. etc) will be ported over to… or better, COPIED over to PS4 HOME, then I’d buy a PS4.

Without HOME on PS4, I’m one who will NOT buy the PS4.  It’s bad enough that we have to repurchase new or upgraded games to work on PS4.

So, SONY, will you PLEASE give, those of us who do care about HOME, a definitive answer, WILL PS4 HAVE HOME AND WILL OUR PURCHASED ITEMS BE AVAILABLE ON PS4 HOME if it does, or is Sony NOT going to have HOME on PS4???

Simple enough to just answer that.  I, FOR ONE,   WILL NOT BUY A PS4 without that ability… just not gonna happen.  Smiley Tongue

Message 873 of 3,033 (307 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Sep 17, 2013

bronxsushi brought up:

The main reason why Playstation Home can't be on PS4 is.............

SONY SAID...NO.

:^/ Actually, Sony has said nothing on the matter. Unless you have a link?

Message 874 of 3,033 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 23, 2013

That's true, Sony hasn't said a word.

I wish they would though.  I mean, Sony DOES know if they are going to have HOME on the PS4.  That's a huge subject and there's no way that this hasn't been addressed.

Either they are NOT going to support it and if so,  just say so. Or it is in development and mum's the word.

BUT, I can see a lot of current PS3 customers saying NO to PS4 if there's no HOME.

So I think it's in Sony's best interest to just say YES OR NO!

Also, how long will HOME be available on PS3?  Does what's happening in Japan have any affect in this region?

Message 875 of 3,033 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Sep 24, 2013
3 months & 1 day till i get my PS4 & ill finally see the back of Playstation Home Good Riddence to it
Message 876 of 3,033 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Teesside-1979 wrote:
3 months & 1 day till i get my PS4 & ill finally see the back of Playstation Home Good Riddence to it

No! Get a Vita so we can see the back of you!

Actually, your back is probably mega hairy.. so just get a Vita and travel to the North Pole or something.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 877 of 3,033 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

Companies don't mention stuff that isn't on their product because if they did that they'd have to list a bazillion different things. Sure, they could come out and say " playstation home is or is not on the ps4 ", That atleast would be respectful towards their current customers. The truth is they know no matter what they will get the sales regardless of if playstation home users come over to the ps4 or not. There aren't all that many people that ONLY use their ps3 for only Home. For all the people that they lose, they'll gain in other ways. I really don't think home is coming to ps4, we all would have heard something by now. To all the people that Only use their ps3 for home and only home, I'm sorry. Home was fun, but all good things come to an end. Yes, nobody will know until we either get an official announcement or the ps4 comes out ( and it's growing clear that the ps4 will be released before we hear a peep about home on the ps4), but for me, I've decided to be a pessimist about this. I'm not going to let myself get upset about losing home. To be honest, I haven't been using home all that much lately so it's made this a bit easier. The only thing I'll miss is being able to hang out with my close friends in a virtual environment whenever I like, but as others have stated we have other options. We'll all live, life goes on. Trust me, I know a little something about this. This is not the end of the world if home is gone.

Message 878 of 3,033 (361 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Sep 24, 2013

This gives me hope that HOME wil be on PS4.. Has anyone else seen this?

http://dlb-network.com/?s=ps+home+on+ps4

Message 879 of 3,033 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Ugh...that image is FAKE
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 880 of 3,033 (317 Views)
0 Likes