I Only Post Everything
867 posts

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 26, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Miami_Beauty wrote:

Within two years after the release of the PS4, the PS3 will be old school and the old home will bea relic of the past.  Home will evolve with the PS4. 

Well if PS3 has three more years yet Home doesn't really need to be on PS4 for at least three more year then... If they End production on PS3 that's the time to Move HOME to PS4 but unitl then leave it on the PS3...

And three years is a long time yet to have Home on PS3 so as long as PS3 and Home run for another three years i'm fine with that....

Another reason it's unlikely to be on the PS4 is because 3rd parties will more than likely have to renew some kind of contract with Sony to continue using their intellectual property. Pretty sure all of it is specific to the PS3, unless they had all the 3rd parties give them full permission to use them in any future Home endeavors which from a business standpoint would be almost completely unrealistic. The same kind of thing applied to LBP (try to find The Incredibles DLC now).

There's way too many factors against Home going beyond the PS3 or even beyond what it is now. No point in them overhauling anything now that the PS4's release is imminent. Home had it's chance and it blew it.

Message 391 of 3,033 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 26, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Miami_Beauty wrote:

Within two years after the release of the PS4, the PS3 will be old school and the old home will bea relic of the past.  Home will evolve with the PS4. 

Well if PS3 has three more years yet Home doesn't really need to be on PS4 for at least three more year then... If they End production on PS3 that's the time to Move HOME to PS4 but unitl then leave it on the PS3...

And three years is a long time yet to have Home on PS3 so as long as PS3 and Home run for another three years i'm fine with that....

Another reason it's unlikely to be on the PS4 is because 3rd parties will more than likely have to renew some kind of contract with Sony to continue using their intellectual property. Pretty sure all of it is specific to the PS3, unless they had all the 3rd parties give them full permission to use them in any future Home endeavors which from a business standpoint would be almost completely unrealistic. The same kind of thing applied to LBP (try to find The Incredibles DLC now).

There's way too many factors against Home going beyond the PS3 or even beyond what it is now. No point in them overhauling anything now that the PS4's release is imminent. Home had it's chance and it blew it.

Yeah but what u seem to Forget Home is still a Beta on PS3.... And we know that all things have to be started and tested as a Beta before it can move forward, If Home is making MONEY yet? And that's the Big Question then theres no reason that HOME 2.0 not Beta can be on PS4 if they wanted it to be. But we don't need Home 2.0 on PS4 right now they say PS3 has Three more years yet! If so Three Years on PS3 is a pretty long time yet! So let it stay on PS3 at least for those last three years...

Then after PS3 shuts down then move it to PS4 three years from now... It won't be a Beta then and who knows what Home would look like then. But i'm not gonna worry about it one way or another right now. That be like my Fighting Games we know they'll start making em for PS4 but longs as some are still on PS3 for the next threee years i'll get the PS3 ones... No need to move on just yet!

All things come to an end... Same as Life one day all Games will come to an end for us all... It's just a matter of when...

But until that End comes i'll be on Home and PS3....  At least for now.....  When i was on PS2 i never thought i move onto PS3 and not go back to PS2 games... But one day that might happen. Ya never know what one day to the next will bring.

also heard PS4 won;t support 3D games... That's not going forwards.,.... That's going backwards!  If all this is true PS4 will not be a best choice to get anyways. At least the way it's looking now it's sure not!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 392 of 3,033 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
867 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Well, you brought up a major point. Sony pushed REALLY hard for 3D gaming and look at that, they gave up on it for the next console. Home will most definitely fall under the same fate. It's surprising that the Playstation Move is being continued though.

I think Home just keeps that **bleep** "beta" word around for the hell of it. There's absolutely nothing beta about it at this point. Something released to the public for 5 years and is financially stable has absolutely no excuse for continuing to call itself that. It's like they just like calling it a beta so blind diehards can argue that it's "not complete" or whatever.

Imagine how **bleep** off Sony would be themselves if they had to hear from the developers 5 years later "Oh, we're still not finished yet, sorry!" Face it, Home's "finished" already, the only content that gets added anymore is stuff that generates more money for them or meaningless features that won't be important in the long run.
Message 393 of 3,033 (370 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

If NA Home is an example of how a network cloud community is managed, PS4 is in trouble already....

Feb 26, 2013

For the most part Home has been cloud based, even before the 1.75 disaster. Somehow they have issues with managing the basic save files they uploaded now too. No wonder Home has stability and playability issues often.

Many things about NA Home, are poster children for how not to do things, market anything, communicate next to nothing, and manage a lemonaid stand.

If Home were to port to PS4, who in their right mind would risk a new console system with it?

We can only hope the how not to do, run, manage minagerie has been a learning experience for sony.

Message 394 of 3,033 (391 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Re: If NA Home is an example of how a network cloud community is managed, PS4 is in trouble already.

Feb 26, 2013

no need to worry, Home servers arent the same that Sony will use for their cloud gaming service. besides, the PS4 cloud service is a much higher priority than anything Home related.

Message 395 of 3,033 (346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
867 posts

Re: If NA Home is an example of how a network cloud community is managed, PS4 is in trouble already.

Feb 26, 2013

mikelep9054 wrote:

For the most part Home has been cloud based, even before the 1.75 disaster. Somehow they have issues with managing the basic save files they uploaded now too. No wonder Home has stability and playability issues often.

Many things about NA Home, are poster children for how not to do things, market anything, communicate next to nothing, and manage a lemonaid stand.

If Home were to port to PS4, who in their right mind would risk a new console system with it?

We can only hope the how not to do, run, manage minagerie has been a learning experience for sony.

That's exactly what I've been saying. Everything is a total mess and beyond repair at this point. The best course of action is to just keep doing what they're doing now, adding in content that can make more money and outsourcing the work to unknown 3rd parties (Lockwood outside of Home? No one knows or cares what that company is or represents). Going through some massive overhaul or starting from scratch (which should've been done in 2009) would just ruin things for them at this point.

If it were added onto the PS4, publications and websites would just question/ridicule Sony for it's decision to continue supporting it as it's already considered a joke to the gaming community as a whole. I think Sony should focus it's resources on the Vita's "Friend Network" and see how it fares. It may look kiddy but Toro's deserved to come stateside for years and the app itself looks to have a lot of promise. Hopefully it's response is positive enough to be considered for PS4 cross-compatibility.

Message 396 of 3,033 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 26, 2013

MapleStory wrote:
Well, you brought up a major point. Sony pushed REALLY hard for 3D gaming and look at that, they gave up on it for the next console. Home will most definitely fall under the same fate. It's surprising that the Playstation Move is being continued though.

I think Home just keeps that **bleep** "beta" word around for the hell of it. There's absolutely nothing beta about it at this point. Something released to the public for 5 years and is financially stable has absolutely no excuse for continuing to call itself that. It's like they just like calling it a beta so blind diehards can argue that it's "not complete" or whatever.

Imagine how **bleep** off Sony would be themselves if they had to hear from the developers 5 years later "Oh, we're still not finished yet, sorry!" Face it, Home's "finished" already, the only content that gets added anymore is stuff that generates more money for them or meaningless features that won't be important in the long run.

Like I asked you on the other thread,,,

If Home is so finished, why would they bother to have us save our accounts to their main servers?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 397 of 3,033 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Feb 26, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

i could care less about anything else as long as theres no region locks.

Yup, I'm thinking the same. I'd want no region locks as well. Also, this will be my main focus on getting a PS4. To support Home more.

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 398 of 3,033 (321 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
867 posts

Feb 26, 2013
LiLBlueEyes wrote:
Like I asked you on the other thread,,,

If Home is so finished, why would they bother to have us save our accounts to their main servers?

Probably only as a scapegoat method to prevent file tampering, considering that Xploder thing was making it possible for people to mess with it. Probably also to try and combat merging or multiple personal space layouts. As always with Home, use a lame solution to attempt to repair a major problem.

Message 399 of 3,033 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 26, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:
It's a hardware problem, without question. We've known for over a year that the PS4 would be x86 based to appease devs. Home was designed to run on the Cell architecture. Porting it would require heavy emulation, which is not happening with an MMO.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's been payinng attention.

Game over.

I know what is being said here.  But I have video games for my PC that are over 20 years old and they still work.  Home "could" still work work on the PS4 if steps are made.  I've been saying that it would be easyer for Sony to just make a bigger and better VR world then Home from the start.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 400 of 3,033 (311 Views)
0 Likes