Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 04/15/2010
Offline
443 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

MapleStory wrote:
And the "developers" that are left are meaningless to the game industry.

Really? And who are these "meaningless to the game industry" Developers?

 

For some of these Developers, Home is a stepping stone. For others, Home is a means of expansion.

 

For you and I, or maybe not you, Home is a one way of expressing ourselves within the gaming world.

 

As long as we want it, Home will be a part of PlayStation, beyond PS3 and into the future. I'll be a part of Home until I can no longer hold a controller or use my keyboard and mic.

 

Years down the line, if Home should still exist (because we want it to), I wonder how many people will still post how Home is going nowhere and will soon close it's doors?

 

 



I'm confused as your two statements seem contradictory. Which is it? Home will exist as long as we want it, or you aren't sure if Home will continue to exist?


No you're not. You're not confused at all. You are just being picky and mean. As you always are when "replying" to my posts. But I updated my message to make it more "clear" for you.

 

But now I'm being "mean". Not because of your opinion regarding the topic (as you had none in your message). But because of the way you post when it comes to folks you do not agree with - off topic.

 

My opinion stands as is. Be seeing you.


 

Now you're subtly threatening her? Somebody send a report.

Message 371 of 3,033 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

LMAO it wouldnt be the first time

Message 372 of 3,033 (850 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 11/25/2008
Offline
2587 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013

Umm.. yeah anyway. I do hope PlayStation Home becomes part of the new PS4. Although our PSN Purchases will not be pass over the new system (I think this is bs) I think that with the last core update of Home, this will be a possibility,  cause our purchases are on the Home Servers. If not then I will be very disappointed.Smiley Sad

 

But hey if PS3 continues to support Home then I will use both systems Smiley Tongue

 

 

Lets pray Home does evolve to PS4 Smiley Wink

Message 373 of 3,033 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2008
Offline
1669 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013
I don't see any reason why PSH wouldn't move over to the PS4. Same thing pretty much. Only difference is that the PS4 will, I think, be able to run PSH better in terms of more memory and processor.
Message 374 of 3,033 (397 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34149 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

MapleStory wrote:
And the "developers" that are left are meaningless to the game industry.

Really? And who are these "meaningless to the game industry" Developers?

 

For some of these Developers, Home is a stepping stone. For others, Home is a means of expansion.

 

For you and I, or maybe not you, Home is a one way of expressing ourselves within the gaming world.

 

As long as we want it, Home will be a part of PlayStation, beyond PS3 and into the future. I'll be a part of Home until I can no longer hold a controller or use my keyboard and mic.

 

Years down the line, if Home should still exist (because we want it to), I wonder how many people will still post how Home is going nowhere and will soon close it's doors?

 

 



I'm confused as your two statements seem contradictory. Which is it? Home will exist as long as we want it, or you aren't sure if Home will continue to exist?


No you're not. You're not confused at all. You are just being picky and mean. As you always are when "replying" to my posts. But I updated my message to make it more "clear" for you.

 

But now I'm being "mean". Not because of your opinion regarding the topic (as you had none in your message). But because of the way you post when it comes to folks you do not agree with - off topic.

 

My opinion stands as is. Be seeing you.


 

Now you're subtly threatening her? Somebody send a report.


ok, that made me laugh. Smiley Very Happy


Message 375 of 3,033 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2006
Offline
4860 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

Feb 24, 2013

 I think if Home carries over to the PS4, I would like to see the following implemented

1. More Character Costumizations

2. No need to download personal spaces over and over again-even public spaces.

3. No freezing.

4. Better steaming services in the Theatres.

I think there is more but since I am not as much as I used to. I think the behavior of people of Home have kinda of pushed me away from it, but I might get back into, as soon as I have more time.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 376 of 3,033 (362 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/21/2009
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013
PS4 uses a completely different hardware and architecture from PS3, so if PS Home were to integrate to PS4, then it will have to be built from the ground up with new applications that adhere to the PS4's new architecture.

That means PS3 Home will not integrate into PS4 Home because of the difference in hardware and backwards support is something that is easier to just dump than waste money on, with all it's issues.
Message 377 of 3,033 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 24, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:
As long as we want it, Home will be a part of PlayStation, beyond PS3 and into the future. I'll be a part of Home until I can no longer hold a controller or use my keyboard and mic.

 


Conrad, I think people get upset when you say things like this.  We don't have a say if Home will be on the PS4 or not.  Most of the time Sony see's it as out with the old and in with the new.  Is that what Sony is going to do with Home?  I don't know, and I cound not tell you.

 

 

But I do hope that Sony gives something bigger and better then Home.  There is really no reason to keep Home other then all the items that we paid money for.  You can keep the idea of Home with a newer program and no matter what Home will stay of the PS3 so it's not like it's going to get deleted or we could not use it any more.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 378 of 3,033 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

Feb 24, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

 I think if Home carries over to the PS4, I would like to see the following implemented

1. More Character Costumizations

2. No need to download personal spaces over and over again-even public spaces.

3. No freezing.

4. Better steaming services in the Theatres.

I think there is more but since I am not as much as I used to. I think the behavior of people of Home have kinda of pushed me away from it, but I might get back into, as soon as I have more time.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery


Thats the problem and why Home should not be moved to the PS4.  You can not do thoes chages on the PS4 with out doing the same on the PS3 and the technology is not there for the PS3.  So if it is moved it can't be chaged or updated like so many seem to think it should be.

 

But if Sony came up with a newer VR world they can do all that and more.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 379 of 3,033 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/23/2013
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Home on PS4.

Feb 25, 2013

I believe home will be on the PS4. The PS3, will in time go the way of the PS2. The world is changing and Home will have to change with it.

Message 380 of 3,033 (312 Views)