Fender Bender
2961 posts

Re: Home will die with the PS3.

Feb 23, 2013

I would just add this. JP Home is having a 3 million users celebration right now. In JP Home the average age of their users is 45. That means people over there spend a lot more money. Unlike here where they have been catering to the kiddies way too much. Meanwhile these kiddies don't spend that much. In fact a lot of them are too busy trying to get other people to buy them things. So if na wants to get rid of their home that's their problem. But JP Home and eu is not going anywhere..

LunarEmerald wrote:

Events and the such are handled by the SCEA. Sony's central office is in Japan and Japan Home has no shortage of events. I think it's a case of SCEA being neglectant. SCEE has way better communication too.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 301 of 3,033 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 23, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Events and the such are handled by the SCEA. Sony's central office is in Japan and Japan Home has no shortage of events. I think it's a case of SCEA being neglectant. SCEE has way better communication too.

You are mistaken about that as well.  The vast majority of events in Japan are handled by 3rd party developers and not Sony... but I agree, of all the regions SCEA has the worst level of communication from our Home staff... However, from my conversations with friends in Japan and Europe, there have been growing concerns over how Home is being run, and all the problems that continue to grow with very little reassurance from their regional managers that things are going to get better.

Who's the developer in SCEJ that handles the central square events?

Message 302 of 3,033 (461 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Nothing lasts forever enjoy things while they are here.
Support Forums
Message 303 of 3,033 (428 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 23, 2013

Home is an APP! not a GAME!

And PS4 will have APP's Galore! 

And as of Home 1.75 all our stuff is now stored online servers.... So Don't say PS4 can't or Won't have HOME!

There had to be a Reason why they moved all our saves to ONLINE servers... Now with PS4 we have an answer as to why They moved our stuff to online servers...

Yes all GAMES on PS3 won't carry over to PS4 that part is TRUE!

But HOME is not a GAME... It's an App!

So until they Sony comes out and says Home is not gonna be on PS4 then don't worry just yet!

If they say Home is not on PS4 then for one they won't see me buying a PS4 if theres NO HOME on it.... I been with PS1 PS2 and PS3 but i use Home way more than i play GAMES!

So if PS4 has No Home then at this rate it won't be seeing me either, Home is where the $$$ is.... That's what Sony likes and wants... So if there smart Home will be on PS4...  If not it means an Epic Fail for PS4 if they don't have Home on it!

So they do whats best for us Playstation Fans!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 304 of 3,033 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 23, 2013

I still dont get this "They move our save on cloud to have home on PS4"... 

If they  had done that a month prior to release... yeah, maybe. But now?

I still think they're just testing (beside the obvious ISE pb) ... this beta tag gotta be useful at something you know...

Why would they not want a better VR app on the PS4?

Anyway, This had been way too many why, won't, will for me in 48hrs. Good night everyone Smiley Wink

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 305 of 3,033 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Feb 23, 2013

I didn't see much of the presentation but from what I gather they didn't tell us a whole lot. Some things have come out and I think it's safe to presume more information will be given at their own leisure. I wish they'd come right out and say what will be so everyone could make plans. Whatever they do the PS3 will be around for awhile. 

My opinion is that Home will be on PS4, some PS3 games will be compatible but from the cloud, and no matter what they tell us not everyone will be happy.

The big question is will they have one forum or two? Smiley Wink

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 306 of 3,033 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

You're jumping to way too many conclusions.

and yet the facts support them.

Not necessarily. You think Home is the only thing that ever receives buggy updates? lol

Huh?  Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Let's try these facts again shall we?

Based on Sony's official statements about how Home is no longer a priority (yes, they said that - Google it)...

...and how they have largely stopped creating any new content for Home (its almost all from 3rd party devs now).

...and how they have largely stopped running events (most have been from other devs, like Lockwood).

...and how the stability of Home has only gotten worse, not better.

...and how their support and communication for their customers has been increasingly worse over the last couple years.

...and how they have done almost no promotion for Home over the last couple years.

...and how they have made no statement reassuring customers that they have no plans to end Home any time soon.

...and how more developers and sponsors have left Home than have been added.

Yes, the 1.75 update was/is a disaster in terms of all the problems it has caused, and the fall out from these issues (or haven't you checked the forum and support forum over the last week?)...

And if they had decent testing there is no way this update would have gotten through...

And if they truly cared about their customers and listened to what they have been saying for months even years, they would have added long requested features, like a 2nd storage folder that isn't a spill-over like the one we have now, and the same sorting options for items in storage as we have for items not in storage, or any number of long requested features that even a first year programmer could add if given the green light... Instead our community managers rarely ever even responds to these frequently requested features.

However, there are far bigger indicators that Sony cares very little about Home any more - either that or they are terribly incompetent.  Either way, it affects us, their customers.

Now if it is the latter, then perhaps this also helps explain why Sony has gone from a leader in most of their corporate divisions (personal electronics, film, music, video games) worth over 150 billion dollars to a follower losing billions and now worth just 15 billion dollars.

Either way you choose to look at it, it does not bode well for the future for Home... But some folks just can't seem to see the forest through the trees, and wearing rose-tinted glasses doesn't help any.

Fortunately, due to the amazing efforts by other developers like Juggernaught, Granzella, Lockwood, nDreams, Digital Leisure, Hellfire, Heavy Water, etc,  Home is still a great place, and still has amazing potential, but right now, it's biggest problem is Sony's management of it... and despite all the wonderful things the other developers have done for Home, without Sony's support Home will fail.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 307 of 3,033 (317 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Feb 23, 2013

And don't forget the clauses in the agreement you accepted with the last update aknowledges that home, and all within it is temporary, and that any items or the service itself can be removed at any time for any reason. It was glaring when I read it, but I felt like my arm was twisted into it since you couldn't log into home without accepting and updating. Face it, this home isn't going over to ps4, and they aren't obligated to acknowledge your purchases.

fine print

Fine print ya got there sony

Perish_Song
Message 308 of 3,033 (279 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

The "clauses" have always been there. And as with all deals/contracts/leases, we are free to accept it or not. There is no arm twisting involved. Just the desire to use a service knowing that it may be temporary.

We can choose to accept ot not to accept of our own free will. This is not rocket science.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 309 of 3,033 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Yes you can always accept to forget everything you already bought...

It's the same with all downloadable goods now. They always reserve a right to take it back... Boy do I miss my old LP's... oh wait , they are still there! And my turntable is still up to date, no need to upgrade Smiley Happy

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 310 of 3,033 (267 Views)
0 Likes