Fender Bender
4236 posts

Re: PSN purchases won't carry over to PS4

Feb 22, 2013
Nothing new there since PS3 can't play older games anyways....

Wrong....... the older models could.. the 20, 60, and 80GB Were B/C (backwards compatable)
Message 271 of 3,033 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Wrong....... the older models could.. the 20, 60, and 80GB Were B/C (backwards compatable)

Also all ps3's can play ps1 games, also
Message 272 of 3,033 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Feb 22, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:

It was still a pretty pointless decision to decide NOT to include that in the later PS3 models. This made me keep my PS2 more. But back to the topicwise. If they are not going to be carried over, I mean wow, then what's really the point of getting a PS4? I mean I will just to play the awesome games it offers but thats really it.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 273 of 3,033 (366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Hope that don't happen, cause I spent a lot on there for the last 2-3 years. And I will stick to the PS3 until Home is integrated on PS4 without silly issues. Just saying.

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 274 of 3,033 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Feb 22, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

mrdiamond666 wrote:

It was still a pretty pointless decision to decide NOT to include that in the later PS3 models. This made me keep my PS2 more. But back to the topicwise. If they are not going to be carried over, I mean wow, then what's really the point of getting a PS4? I mean I will just to play the awesome games it offers but thats really it.

It's funny that you'd say that. A ps3 that did not play ps2 games almost didn't get purchased, but I got one because it still could play ps1 games. A ps4 system that can't play any previous systems games, and which focus is...social networking. I can buy some PC upgrades, a controller and still play those new games, and "socially connect" with facebook. If ps4 doesn't have backwards compatibility, doesn't have a focus on 3-d, doesn't have anything innovative, then...what point is there in getting it? Heck, I can upgrade my monitor, sound system, graphics, and memory and end up with a high end 3-d gaming PC for the price of modern consoles.

Still...this is just the un-veil, but if history has taught me anything about gaming industry, not too many dramatic changes happen from the unveil to the release, and the fact that this has been in a supposed 5 year development shouts rigidity.

I'll keep on about my ps3, but much as how I'm not pleased about Nintendo and their bonehead moves, I'm not to fond of this new Sony direction either. Maybe the box, despite how much I hate that controller, and live, might have some worth to it though I'm really skeptical.

Perish_Song
Message 275 of 3,033 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Home will die with the PS3.

Feb 22, 2013

As many of you are aware, all of your PSN purchases WILL NOT be carried over to the PS4.

These include Home purchases...and Home itself. 

Now it would be a dumb idea to drop Home, but it seems clear that the project we call Home will not last much longer.

Message 276 of 3,033 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

haha, I think that Sony will let us all "shock and awe". Woman LOL 

Message 277 of 3,033 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Re: Home will die with the PS3.

Feb 22, 2013
Lookin that way....
Message 278 of 3,033 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 22, 2013

By PSN purchases, they're referring to items you bought that are saved on your harddrive. You won't be able to transfer them to your PS4 and play them. Home purchases are different. They aren't saved on your harddrive but Sony's server. So I wouldn't neccessarily correlate the two.

Message 279 of 3,033 (468 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

By PSN purchases, they're referring to items you bought that are saved on your harddrive. You won't be able to transfer them to your PS4 and play them. Home purchases are different. They aren't saved on your harddrive but Sony's server. So I wouldn't neccessarily correlate the two.

Yeah, but let's look at the big picture though.

IF there is any, what future plans do they have for Home? Are they going to keep it the same or completely rehaul it? Can you imagine having to upgrade thouusands upon thousands of items? Most of which they do not own? Remember when people were using the reaper suit from nDreams to freeze people? They couldn't do anything to the reaper suit because it wasn't thier preoperty. They had to roll out a whole new core update that dealt with how people were loading the merges

Point being here, how many developers do you think will be on board with rehauling al of thier items? Not too many I'd imagine, most don't like fixing current items as t is, what makes you think they're going to rehaul everything?

Whatever they do with Home, I believe the current version....along with our purchases and rewards will be scrapped. They may decide to rehaul and reboot it completely. Or they may just keep it the same, but if they do...I see no point for Home only users to buy a PS4.

Message 280 of 3,033 (444 Views)