Wastelander
582 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

I'm fairly certain that the PS3 already renders Home to 1080p if you have that selected as your graphic settings. I agree the assets (textures etc.) are probably done mainly with 720p in mind, but Home seems much higher res on my display than just 720p. One of the reasons I think Home looks much prettier than most PS3 games.

Message 51 of 3,033 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the PS3 already renders Home to 1080p if you have that selected as your graphic settings. I agree the assets (textures etc.) are probably done mainly with 720p in mind, but Home seems much higher res on my display than just 720p. One of the reasons I think Home looks much prettier than most PS3 games.

Yeah it does, which is funny because the engine Home runs on is pretty old compared to the new engines most games use these days.

Message 52 of 3,033 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jul 16, 2012

If you check your display when home boots, it should show 720p, this is how they keep from draining the graphics and cutting down on the lag.

Message 53 of 3,033 (924 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 10, 2012
On the ps4 they should make a big map like for example; gta where you go into vehicles and pick up your mates. And take them shopping or maybe a date, Sony should make a couples area where you can just relax with no interruption. Like for example; the ps home we got now is quiet and, say a boy and a girl speak other people just butt in the conversation that should be changed. And finally Sony should stop people from bullying on ps home because yesterday I saw a girl get bullied because she didn't speak to this boy that wanted to speak to her he got angry and started saying mean things about her mum and dad. Anyway whenever I go on I see bullying. So Sony we're counting!
Message 54 of 3,033 (901 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 10, 2012
On you!!
Message 55 of 3,033 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 10, 2012

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

Smiley Frustrated

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL obligation to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4.

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

Smiley Indifferent

7) How much have you invested in Playstation Home?  Your best guess.

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4. 

If you are going to be negative about Playstation Home in this thread, make sure that you state an approximate amount of how much that you have spent in Playstation Home, including your parents and/or friends credit card(s), if that applies for you.  Those who spend little to nothing on Playstation Home are welcome in this discussion, but keep in mind that many many people do spend a lot on Playstation Home, and for even those of you who don't, but still play PS Home, you do have rewards that you spent your time earning, so everybody here has a right to know or at least help Sony and the future of Home know how we feel and what we expect and/or would like to see if/when PS Home is on the Playstation 4.

Message 56 of 3,033 (1,507 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 10, 2012

1. Yes. I'm a gamer first, and always was. Home is just a small bonus.

2. Wouldn't use Home anymore.

3. Nah. Would never happen anyway.

4. Sure. Worthwhile rewards are few and far between.

5. The servers have enough issues already, so probably would be better to split them.

6. I dunno. I'd quit if I lost my stuff, so doesn't matter to me.

7. Somewhere between 300 to 400 dollars, probably.

Message 57 of 3,033 (1,491 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4525 posts

Aug 10, 2012

1.) Yes, I bought my PS3 to play games (MGS4 being the main reason) then Home was just a bonus to meet up with ppl & talk about games & other things

2.) I would be disappointed & prolly a bit upset

3.) If they were willing to I wish they would

4.) yes, more than likely I will keep my PS3 after I get a PS4 up until they shut down the service or somethin

5.) a lil bit yea cuz I kno sum ppl can get things on day 1 & for me I can't do that so there would a gap if ppl bought a PS4 & couldn't interact with their PS3 friends

6.) i'd say give us a lil bit of store credit to help us start out @ least

7.) my best guess is prolly $2k-$3k. I stopped counting

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 58 of 3,033 (1,482 Views)
Last Guardian
10878 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

1. Home would have 0 impact on my purchase decision of a PS4

2. I would smile while I think of the people who have blown thousands of dollars on virtual goods.

3. Absolutely not. No refunds. You knew this going in. You did not rent these goods you purchased them Sony owes you NOTHING. And what do you think Sony is doing with the money you spend in Home? They are spending it. 

4. Again Home has 0 impact on my decision to get a PS4

5. Eh that's a bit tough, if they support the PS3 Home then the PS4 version will be far weaker so no I say cut the cord on launch of PS4.

6. Honestly I hope Sony spends their time on something else more worthwhile, I would rather we let Home sink. 

7. Hundreds of dollars, years of my life, blood, sweat & tears. All resulting in a t-shirt and signed photo as my reward.

Let me break that down a bit

I was actively purchasing new items about once a week (average of $5 spent per update) on Home from launch until I quit. I don't recall when I made the call to stop pumping money in but like I said hundreds of dollars easily. 

And now honestly I get really mad at myself when I scroll through my wardrobe, decoration, and personal spaces. Absolute utter waste of my money, and I shutter to think what people are going to think when they realize that all of those virtual goods are not tangable or even long lasting. 

But it is more then just money, i invested myself into this application. 

I spent years of my life on these forums and in world, I have accumulated a post count of over 10,000 almost entirely here in the Home forums, I was heavily active in Home for 4 years. And while I will tell you I regret the money I have spent I do not regret my time in the community. I met friends through this community, got to talk to people in the industry, got a peek behind the scenes, got to be in the introduction wave of the HCV program, and much more. It has shaped and changed who I am as a person now, and looking back I can honestly say it has been a hell of a ride even if has left me ultimately a more jaded person in the end. 

@Jim777PS
Message 59 of 3,033 (1,476 Views)
Lombax Warrior
77 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Sony customers who spend on Playstation Home do deserve to know what will happen.  Would you keep spending anything in a world if you thought it all was going to be lost?

There needs to be an official annoucement about PS Home being on the Playstation 4.

The more time that goes by without an official annoucement, makes me think that Home WILL NOT be on the Playstation 4 or could possibly be terminated completely when the PS4 comes out.  If so, I wouldn't spend another dime on it, would you, for a dead world?

Opinions and thoughts of everybody here are needed if the above IS indeed the case.

1)  NO.

2)  I would expect substitutions (new downloadable versions), or a credit in PS Home on the PS4.

3)  A PSN Credit for Home purchases would be the right thing for Sony to do.  But I wouldn't expect it either.

4)  I would prefer rewards to transfer, as time is money, even if that time was used only for entertainment in PS Home.

5)  Wouldn't bother me at all, however, I imagine this would be very costly for SONY, so either Home dies on the PS3 or it dies on the PS4.  If it dies on the PS4, I won't be buying a PS4.

6) Unique replacement rewards for those who transfer in Home from the PS3 (Played Home on the PS3) would show that Sony cares about customer loyalty.

7) Over 2,500 through various accounts (I'm that friend with a credit card) and inside PS Home game promotions, that I include in what I spent through PS Home.  (I never tallied up an exact number, as it would be very time consuming for me)

So to not be a hypoctite, since I'm being somewhat negative, I stated (an approximate guess) of what I have spent on Home.

Hopefully this thread helps Sony decide to not only include Home on the Playstation 4, but reward the loyal customers of Home on the Playstation 3 with a "Transfer Credit" of some sort for switching to Home on the Playstation 4.

Message 60 of 3,033 (1,468 Views)