Jun 19 2007
By: PS2and2405fpw~ Monster Hunter 45 posts

Home needs a garage

15 replies 8 views Edited Jun 19, 2007
for GT5. you could invite racing buddies to check out some new car you just won, maybe they can set it up so you can race each other using cars from each other's garages. Like say your hardcore friend did the Sarthe II 24hr race...that way you can try out the Speed8 without dealing with the enormous pain in the ass that is a 24hr race. there are a million things you could do to build on the idea.
Plus, i'd just like to walk through a garage with all my cars in it.
This would be especially great since GT5 will be such a flagship game, it will bring doubters around to Home, and give an enormous edge over games like Forza 2 which are gaining popularity.
PSN ID: Bandon
Message 1 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28706 posts

Re: Home needs a garage

Jun 19, 2007
That would be a pretty cool idea actually. I'd never thought of that.
Message 2 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 19, 2007
maybe they should just have cars in home and not let a person walk on the street except for crosswalks, there is a barrier so you cant cross over onto the opposing lane, your car will stay a certain distance away from the car in front of you so you dont crash, and if you disobey traffic laws than you get your car taken away and you wont be allowed to drive a car ever again (in home)! that would be cool like to download all different cars on the playstation store!
Message 3 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I was thinking more that you could drive it in GT5; i.e. if you wanted to test drive soneone else's car you would have to have a copy of GT5 to load tracks etc., then use the other person's car. Driving in the actual Home scenario would be a lot of overlapping development, plus it wouldn't make entice people to buy GT5 as much.
Message 4 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 19, 2007
well you couldnt race... its just for travel purposes
Message 5 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
897 posts

Jun 20, 2007
it would still be cool to have a garage to display the cars you have earned or display customized rides also.
Message 6 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jun 20, 2007
true...moving on, a garage would also be sweet if they made it so you could pop the hood. I'd love to check out a ferrari engine. Soon enough though you'll catch your dad with your headset on, talking to some other guy in his virtual garage saying "yehh I just put a new exhaust on 'er, yeh thats a hemi alright.." avatars with beer guts, standing around scratching their bellies. But seriously it would be cool to see under the hood.
Message 7 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Jun 20, 2007

Chiefshockey35 wrote:
maybe they should just have cars in home and not let a person walk on the street except for crosswalks, there is a barrier so you cant cross over onto the opposing lane, your car will stay a certain distance away from the car in front of you so you dont crash, and if you disobey traffic laws than you get your car taken away and you wont be allowed to drive a car ever again (in home)! that would be cool like to download all different cars on the playstation store!

deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 8 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9036 posts

Jun 20, 2007
That would be so awesome. I'm picking up Gran Turismo 5 as soon as it comes out, so it would be nice to have that feature in

I wonder how cars would look in Gran Turismo 5 and in Home (Graphical Difference).
Message 9 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Jun 20, 2007
That sounds pretty cool.
Message 10 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes