May 22, 2012

YO MA'MA! HOME'S FREE YO, FROM YUR PS3 WHET U BUY THAT AT GAMESTORE

Message 21 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3315 posts

Re: Home isn't Free

May 22, 2012

Wow!!! Thats incredible howm much love can blind someone! Of course Home's not free! Just because theres no monthly or upfront cost doesnt mean it's free. Wake up and smell the cofee peoples we are in the 21st. Economics change, company try new technique. sure you CAN use home without spending. Which not only mean default clothing but almost no games either. If you want to look as a newbie all your home life. Play only 5 lvl of salt shooter. Fly a stock, slow as hell ship, without any score boost at novus. Wait more than you play at midway (no contest entry either). and so on, and so on, and so on... Might be ok as an occasional break for a gamer. But noone would keep it like that for very long. I dont have any problem with a new way to do business. But plzzz peoples, dont tell me home is free.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 22 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

May 22, 2012

I've already had to explain this on another thread, but I'll just wrap up what I had said. When you buy your Playstation 3, you're buying PSN, as advertised on Playstation.com. What comes with the Playstation Network? Playstation Home. Therefore, you're paying for Home, although indirectly.

Message 23 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

May 22, 2012

No it is free for you or I to log on and run around, chat, play SOME games, etc. But you're right, there are expenses and Home is a service designed to create revenue.

They have gone pretty heavy in the revenue department (I would wager that 90% of the weekly update or blog posts throughout the year are promoting things you can log on and buy) but that's to be expected, I guess.

Message 24 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

May 22, 2012

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Which not only mean default clothing but almost no games either. If you want to look as a newbie all your home life. Play only 5 lvl of salt shooter. Fly a stock, slow as hell ship, without any score boost at novus.

I didn't pay a cent on Novus Prime until I hit level 30, when I decided to pick up the deflector shield for giggles. There are also threads pointing to free swag too, so it's not necessary to look like a newbie all your Home life. There are other truly free games (Resistance 2 AA gun, Infamous target practice, Sodium 2, Ratchet & Clank, Sportswalk Poker, RC Rally, zombie target practice?, Siren Lounge, Killzone Defender, etc.) besides the demos. The games in personal spaces can be played through tours. I offer an open house for Aurora Island to give others the chance to play Island Defense.

It is true that Home's trying to sell you stuff, but it's not necessary if you're resourceful. I got by with freebies for a few years. I do spend money when I feel a developer has come out with a worthwhile game. Sodium 1 was one of my first purchases.

Message 25 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 22, 2012

Home’s modeled after a very old and simplistic marketing strategy. Give them the razor for free, eventually they will buy new razors..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 26 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 22, 2012

Its a freemium service.  You can play for free, some things are limited in being able to, some aren't.  There are lots of free things in stores, and free rewards to win, so do some research, if you want other than default items in your inventory.  It should be a situation where much if any marketing to buy items isnt required.  And the pushy, carrot dangling marketing, is a big part of where they lost their way.  Make it fun for many, numerous options and reasons to spend time on it, and the rest will take care of its self.  No need for marketing gimics, and forced spawning to the mall, or hub mini mall. 

Pool and bowling "increasing the fun fixes", and several other meddlings, have sapped the things people enjoyed and spent time on home for.  Fairly sizable numbers of people have less reason and desire to spend time on home.  The less time people spend on home, the less money they are likely to spend. 

X7 the "elite" shopping club, is the only actual public space on home that isn't free.  Pay to get in, so they can sell you more and more stuff.

I saw a show with a bar in vegas called minus5.  The blue space they had tours of and took suggestions, to make it available to the public at some later point, resembled it, down to the exact same shade of led lit blue. I didnt like the real or poorly copied version.  Evidently some brainstorming on a vegas weekend at mandalay bay, was free?  Did the owners of the space, give the rights to copy it away for free? 

Message 27 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

May 22, 2012

Does the debate on this issue have any true value?? I ask again, what is the real point of this thread?

Posted Image

Message 28 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

May 22, 2012

Home is free if you wanna be a bully'd noob. Suck it up, spend some cash. If you dont have the cash to spend I can gift you near 100 items to pacify the need for free. Send me an XMB message.

Message 29 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

May 22, 2012

Were you bored when you came up with this topic? Everyone knows it cost Sony money to create Home.

Message 30 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes