May 21 2012
By: VioletWinds Fender Bender 2938 posts

Home isn't Free

41 replies 18 views Edited May 21, 2012

I wish we could settle this issue once and for all, but knowing this group, that will never happen. If I said it was daytime where I am, someone on the forum would argue against it. Home isn't free because there are overhead expenses related to programming and maintaining it and SOMEONE is paying those costs. A lot of the expenses may be paid by the Home users who make purchases there. Some of these expenses my be paid at the time you purchase your PS3 and peripheral items. Like “free” pizza delivery, what it means is that you aren't paying an additional “upfront” cost. We are all paying for the expenses of that delivery when we buy our pizzas.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 1 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Re: Home isn't Free

May 21, 2012

and on the free pizza delivery they charge a delivery fee mmmmmmmmmmm pizza

Message 2 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

May 21, 2012

Well obviously there's always going to be a cost somewhere however if the end user decides not to spend a single penny then it is free to the user.

Other than their Internet charges I suppose.

Message 3 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

May 21, 2012

VioletWinds wrote:

I wish we could settle this issue once and for all, but knowing this group, that will never happen. If I said it was daytime where I am, someone on the forum would argue against it. Home isn't free because there are overhead expenses related to programming and maintaining it and SOMEONE is paying those costs. A lot of the expenses may be paid by the Home users who make purchases there. Some of these expenses my be paid at the time you purchase your PS3 and peripheral items. Like “free” pizza delivery, what it means is that you aren't paying an additional “upfront” cost. We are all paying for the expenses of that delivery when we buy our pizzas.

Love your opening insult. Makes me think less and less of you as the seconds pass. HOME is FREE to any user with a PS3 system, the latest update of the FREE software, and an internet connection. This is as far as you need to worry your pretty little head about. It's obvious from all your other rants and insults that you're only here on the forums to start trouble, so kindly get back into your trollmobile and skidaddle.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

May 21, 2012

VioletWinds wrote:

I wish we could settle this issue once and for all, but knowing this group, that will never happen. If I said it was daytime where I am, someone on the forum would argue against it.

Clearly you're too lazy to look outside your window, but if you did you'd see it's getting dark. Also, Home is free if you own a PS3. Yeah, no duh, it requires maintenance, just like with anything in life (including yourself, you need to eat, shower, and ect).

Message 5 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

May 21, 2012

Home is free but so are the insults and unfair treatment of those who wear default clothing. Home is a virtual high school where it matters what kinda shoes you have. Home is free but the social rankings within Home are def not.

Message 6 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

May 21, 2012

Melpoe wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

I wish we could settle this issue once and for all, but knowing this group, that will never happen. If I said it was daytime where I am, someone on the forum would argue against it.

Clearly you're too lazy to look outside your window, but if you did you'd see it's getting dark. Also, Home is free if you own a PS3. Yeah, no duh, it requires maintenance, just like with anything in life (including yourself, you need to eat, shower, and ect).

please tell me youre being sarcastic.

Message 7 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

May 21, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Melpoe wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

please tell me youre being sarcastic.

Last 6 purchased games

Sarcasm.jpg

Message 8 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

May 21, 2012

when ppl use the term free regarding home ...or pizza delivery we all know there are implied costs .........home IS FREE TO ACCSESS those of us who buy  a lot on home help pay for the costs ..indeed home reportedly makes apprx 400million per yr for sony, tho its relatively a smal slice of Sony  s reported 79 BILLIONgross last year....

Message 9 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

May 21, 2012

The platform for us to use, Home, is free to use at your usage.

You don't have to even spend money on Home.

It was up to that person to buy a PS3 in the first place.

And them buying internet was also.

YB

Message 10 of 42 (18 Views)
0 Likes