Sep 17 2007
By: LastGunslinger Gaming Beast 2153 posts

Home is not a game.

15 replies 5 views Edited Sep 17, 2007
Please stop whipping yourselves into a frenzy over how Home is going to be the greatest game ever and that you will spend 24 hours straight there when it comes out.  It is not a game.  It is just an extension of the XMB.  A way to meet people to play games online with.  A virtual reality chat room if you will.  So all these suggestions for paintball and go carts and skateboards, well, it's just not gonna' happen.  I'm not saying to not be excited for something new, but you guys are going way overboard on this one.  Just wait patiently till next month and then we will finally all see what Home truly is.  It's cool, but it's no game.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 1 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Re: Home is not a game.

Sep 17, 2007
everyone knows that if they don't know who cares..
Message 2 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Sep 17, 2007
OH NO... Not again!....here we go...
"I am not a Sony fanboy. I am a fanboy of the best system" -Robert Summa
Message 3 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Sep 17, 2007

Its those people that genuinely think it is a game that make stupid comments over what Home should have. For example home should have PVE....

Message 4 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Sep 17, 2007
i think it will....u neve no. let ppl dream on

Message 5 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1152 posts

Sep 17, 2007

BufordKat wrote:
Please stop whipping yourselves into a frenzy over how Home is going to be the greatest game ever and that you will spend 24 hours straight there when it comes out.  It is not a game.  It is just an extension of the XMB.  A way to meet people to play games online with.  A virtual reality chat room if you will.  So all these suggestions for paintball and go carts and skateboards, well, it's just not gonna' happen.  I'm not saying to not be excited for something new, but you guys are going way overboard on this one.  Just wait patiently till next month and then we will finally all see what Home truly is.  It's cool, but it's no game.

My thoughts exactly, I just never felt like saying anything since threads will pop up anyway.

Strange things do happen though, but I doubt many of the suggestions will happen, especially since home is this far in the year.
Message 6 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Sep 17, 2007
PLEASE DONT BEAT ME UP...... BUT AT WHAT POINT DOES IT BECOME A GAME? I MEAN IF THEY UPGRADE HOME TO THE POINT WERE ITS AN INTERACTIVE ENVIORNMENT AND YOU GOT A.I. CHARACTERS WALKING AROUND ADVERTISING JUNK,(AND TRUST ME ITS COMING) WHAT ABOUT THE POP UPS, OR DARE I SAY IT JUNK MAIL... YES JUNK MAIL IN YOUR VIRTUAL...HOME... MAIL BOX BUT....... YA GOTTA LOVE IT.
Message 7 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 17, 2007
I guess you can call it a game if you call XBOX Live a game. It's Sony's answer to the on line experience... just much cooler in my opinion. Same features as XBOX live:

Interacting with others
Downloading and playing games in an "arcade"
Downloading and watching movies and clips (hopefully TV as well if this IPTV thing ever gets off the ground)

Message 8 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1152 posts

Sep 17, 2007
Home can be considered Either/Or.

Message 9 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Sep 17, 2007
you are wrong my friends it is not sony's responce to xbox live
home started on the ps2 as a project but was not released since the ps2 does not have enough power

Message 10 of 16 (5 Views)
0 Likes