Highlighted
Feb 03 2010
By: PhatAss Gaming Beast 2349 posts

Home is lacking a life...

128 replies 18 views Edited Feb 3, 2010
Hiya! I was "sooooo" excited about HOME & looking forward to its release. I was even in the first origional BETA when there seemed like only a few people hanging around. After playing for 10 minutes, I remember thinking "What now?". So I went bowling & played pool which got old after 30 minutes. Then I went dancing to a song I didn't even know, that was different & alittle humorous, but it also got old quick. "HOME" basically stopped getting used at my house, it's just not our style I guess.

The other day I loaded it up again to see the changes. After downloading all the updates, what has changed? They want to charge you for everything, **bleep**! So I bought a new "crib", the one with the fishing game out in the woods. "WHAT! This thing comes with no furniture? I have to pay for that to?" Fishing was different, I got my plaque on the wall now with my trophy, but that's about it.

I'm not paying Sony to buy computer furniture for a make-believe "crib" that I already paid for on a $599 ps3 system (my 60gig was expensive, bought it on day one), That's SO STUPID! THEY HAVE ENOUGH OF MY MONEY ALREADY! GEEZ, they're like my ex-girlfriend always wanting money! I can't even change my shirt without getting a charge?

If my ps3 avatar could fart, they'd charge me for that to? (haha)

For all the money they're making off of us, you'd think we'd have more to do, how long has this thing been in beta now?

I was expecting alot more with HOME, I'm very dissapointed with it. PS3 is the best system, tons of great games, but when it comes to "HOME", they need help...

---------------------------------------------
  PSN ID = "PhatAss"
My Playstation ID is "PhatAss" and I approve this message...
Message 1 of 129 (18 Views)
Fender Bender
3543 posts

Re: Home is lacking a life...

Feb 3, 2010

I would pay for a farting avatar...

But yeah, on the whole you're not incorrect about the constant charging thing - but there's plenty of free clothes and furniture, too, if you know where to look!  And access to Home will always be free *knocks on formica* And that's where the life comes from, IMHO: finding the little freebies hidden around Home, joining with others to find 'em all.

Message Edited by Quintonious on 02-03-2010 11:36 AM
Message 2 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Feb 3, 2010

PhatAss wrote:
Hiya! I was "sooooo" excited about HOME & looking forward to its release. I was even in the first origional BETA when there seemed like only a few people hanging around. After playing for 10 minutes, I remember thinking "What now?". So I went bowling & played pool which got old after 30 minutes. Then I went dancing to a song I didn't even know, that was different & alittle humorous, but it also got old quick. "HOME" basically stopped getting used at my house, it's just not our style I guess.

The other day I loaded it up again to see the changes. After downloading all the updates, what has changed? They want to charge you for everything, **bleep**! So I bought a new "crib", the one with the fishing game out in the woods. "WHAT! This thing comes with no furniture? I have to pay for that to?" Fishing was different, I got my plaque on the wall now with my trophy, but that's about it.

I'm not paying Sony to buy computer furniture for a make-believe "crib" that I already paid for on a $599 ps3 system (my 60gig was expensive, bought it on day one), That's SO STUPID! THEY HAVE ENOUGH OF MY MONEY ALREADY! GEEZ, they're like my ex-girlfriend always wanting money! I can't even change my shirt without getting a charge?

If my ps3 avatar could fart, they'd charge me for that to? (haha)

For all the money they're making off of us, you'd think we'd have more to do, how long has this thing been in beta now?

I was expecting alot more with HOME, I'm very dissapointed with it. PS3 is the best system, tons of great games, but when it comes to "HOME", they need help...

you dont like it.. redelete it, no one says YOU NEED to buy anything, run around as a clone, pop on people stick your head in some crotches and get banned

its a free service.. apparently you dont have any friends of you would know the REAL reason to log onto home.... bye now

Message 3 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2349 posts

Feb 3, 2010

lil_heartbreaker wrote:

you dont like it.. redelete it, no one says YOU NEED to buy anything, run around as a clone, pop on people stick your head in some crotches and get banned

its a free service.. apparently you dont have any friends of you would know the REAL reason to log onto home.... bye now

bye... 

Anyway, what they should do...  Put some "good" movies in that movie theater & charge people for that.  Make everything else free.  They'd make just enough money.  Charging people to change their shirt is stupid (imo). 

PSN ID = "PhatAss"
Message 4 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28573 posts

Feb 3, 2010

Phat wrote:
I was expecting alot more with HOME, I'm very dissapointed with it.

So, have you any ideas that you feel will improve Home for all of us? And like everything else in life, just because Home may not be for everyone does not make it a bad program.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28573 posts

Feb 3, 2010

Phat wrote:

Charging people to change their shirt is stupid (imo). 

You do not have to buy anything at all. There are many free items and clothing in Home. There are contests that reward you with virtual clothes, virtual items and full and complete games that you would normally have to buy in a retail or PlayStation Store.

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 02-03-2010 02:53 PM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 3, 2010
Enjoy all the Fanboi and Fangurl hate that this post is going to generate.  I'll give you kudos’ on this post because I've recently given up on Home.  Not just for the reasons you mention here but also for the fact that while they keep releasing content for retail, they have made no effort to correct any of the malfunctions of their program.  I have a large collection of stuff in Home, some bought but most acquired by attending free events.  Now this stuff is choking me down to a standstill.  I'm not the only one with these issues there are many of us.

It's not only the lousy technical support that finds me on Home hiatus,  it's the lack, and seemingly non-existant features which we are repeatedly told are 'coming soon', yet never manifest.  So for the time being, I'm saving my money for gaming and leaving Home to the 'Noobs' and Fanboi crowd; who are undoubtedly formulating a defensive reply to this post.

FREE THE SILENT VOICES IN HOMES PUBLIC SPACES
Message 7 of 129 (18 Views)
Gaming Beast
2349 posts

Feb 3, 2010

RedTurbin wrote:
Enjoy all the Fanboi and Fangurl hate that this post is going to generate.  I'll give you kudos’ on this post because I've recently given up on Home.  Not just for the reasons you mention here but also for the fact that while they keep releasing content for retail, they have made no effort to correct any of the malfunctions of their program.  I have a large collection of stuff in Home, some bought but most acquired by attending free events.  Now this stuff is choking me down to a standstill.  I'm not the only one with these issues there are many of us.

It's not only the lousy technical support that finds me on Home hiatus,  it's the lack, and seemingly non-existant features which we are repeatedly told are 'coming soon', yet never manifest.  So for the time being, I'm saving my money for gaming and leaving Home to the 'Noobs' and Fanboi crowd; who are undoubtedly formulating a defensive reply to this post.

Nice thoughts.  I thought I was the only one thinking like this for a minute! 

I know HOME could be more, they need to use all the money they make from us to give us something to do in it.

Here's an idea... 

Make everything in the mall "free", including the cribs.  They'll have lots more people there if they do.  Then charge people at the theater, put some good movies in there! 

PSN ID = "PhatAss"
Message 8 of 129 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Feb 3, 2010

Meh..some of  you are too blinded by your love for Sony that you don't even realise the point being made.

I do agree that there should be more free stuff in the mall (like in EU, you can get a tonne of free items from the stores) since the system itself put some people back half a grand. I'm not against them charging for some stuff but I think a good concept to take from the EU would be to make some of the basic looking clothes in the store free and then charge for the stuff that took a hell of a lot more effort. I like home. I've recently become addicted to poker (even if I don't know what I'm doing) and met some good people there. Perhaps you should try meeting others and striking up good conversation. Hell, I even walk around saying in caps, "GIVING FREE TOUR OF LONDON PUB" since apparently, from what I've been told from people I've met and become friends with through that, they've yet to see one of these so-called official guides. 

As I've said many times, Home is what you make it and yes, it does suck that they give you unfurnished spaces that you already paid a **bleep**load for (hoping they'll start furnishing at least the basics like London) and yes, it does suck that they charge for very basic clothing that they just made carbon copies of and changed the hue, but don't let it deter you from Home. As someone said, find the freebies. Like the dart through the head, darts shirt, poker shirt, other nifty items.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 9 of 129 (18 Views)
Wastelander
835 posts

Feb 3, 2010

I'll give you Kudos too. If you were in the closed beta, and you either stopped using Home or followed its progress, you would notice that the "progress" that  it has made is more game spaces. And that is easily overshadowed by long loading times, a huge content spam filled with fads, etc. But I don't blame Sony, they are just making money off of....

Message Edited by MidnightxMenace on 02-03-2010 12:16 PM
Photobucket
Message 10 of 129 (18 Views)